It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
IkeSouth wrote:
if i post people say i should search first if i search first people treat me like an idiot man this is a wonderful community here.

Congratulations. You just solved the puzzle.

You are an idiot.

Feel free to find a "nicer" community to play in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:16 pm 

a7x- for once try to say something with substance. i mean it, im beginning to think youre just a bot that only knows childish bully words.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:49 am 

I have lived in Chicago for 7 years now and I have questioned from the day I came to town exactly what demographic Murph appeals to? I am 35 and the majority of my friends and co-workers do listen to sports talk radio at least a few hours per week - but with that said, I have yet to find a single one who listens to this show.

Murph was a mild annoyance when he was on either really early or really late, but now that he is smack in the middle of my afternoon I have grown to truly loathe the guy (someone please teach this radio "veteran" the skill of actually formulating a coherent question that is less than 50 words long). I also do not understand the programming decision to replace a single 4 hour time slot (previously occupied by B&B) with 2 - 2 hour shows – Mully & Handley and The Murph Show. This makes the 4 hour period seem like it is in constant transition and "clunky", for lack of a better way of putting it.

My belief is that The Score needs to identify, develop, hire or whatever a 10-2 show. Mully and Handley are fine, but I am under the belief that their "real" jobs as newspaper men prohibits them from taking the whole 10-2 gig. Lawrence and ZZ do a respectable show and one that would probably have me visiting 670 on the dial more frequently from 10-2 (especially noon-2), but this is a prime slot and it seems that in a media town like Chicago GM Mitch Rosen should have his feet held to the fire until he finally constructs a mid-day show worthy of a rabid fan base desirous of quality and entertaining sports talk in the middle of the work day (for most of us).

Just my long winded 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:03 am 

how long has murph been getting fired tomorrow, now? at least a year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:05 am 

Posters have been saying he was going to get fired since about November of 2004 as far as I can remember

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:15 pm 

everyone on this board always says everyone is getting fired. :rolleyes:

murph is great. the most talented host the score has. Im not going to say he is the smartest, but he knows how to run a radio show better then anyone.

i think the only people that hate murph are on these boards. he is widely popular in the construction business.

i remeber being pissed there was no more high noon. and even then, the second half got moved to afternoon. but with murph always blazin out the gate right at 12 lunchtime its great. always give us a reason to take lunch on time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:40 am 

[quote="IkeSouth"] he is widely popular in the construction business.

quote]

It must be the mustache. It gives him a Village People kind of feel.

I have always said that regardless of many people's feelings on this board, he gets good numbers, which means he will not get fired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:26 pm 

BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
BD wrote:
Annie's going on vacation next week....hopefully it's her.

If there is a god, that abomination will be sent back to WGN in exchange for Memelo.

Mike has been very harsh to her lately. However, if she was getting shown the door I have a feeling she would have bit back at mike this week.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'll ask anyways.

How did Annie go from a traffic reporter to being a co-host on a morning show on a major frequency ?

My god...you'd think you'd have to host a weekend, weeknight show first....

Post subject: Murph needs to stay!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:35 am 

Love his show and his views on baseball. His show is one of the few I can actually listen to in my office because of all the unprofessional talk/issues addressed with the classless afternoon garbage.

Keep up the great show Murph!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Badger Vince wrote:
Love his show and his views on baseball. His show is one of the few I can actually listen to in my office because of all the unprofessional talk/issues addressed with the classless afternoon garbage.

Keep up the great show Murph!

Hope you read the welcome section from Bigfan cause you are about to get pounded and hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:27 pm 

No fear, EG Greg. The pounding is actually in full force already on the college thread.

Post subject: Dolphin was right
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
good dolphin wrote:
I remember people writing about Murph getting let go even as he was signing a new contract about a year and a half ago. Meanwhile it has been reported that the guy has continued to post solid ratings. I understand that many of you do not like his show but have some perspective. You do not get rid of a guy who has at least 6 months left on a contract and produces for the organization.

GD, I don't always agree with your take on things, but you were right on the mark regarding Murph's ratings.

From Ted Cox: Only Mike Murphy held local bragging rights for the Score by beating ESPN Radio’s Dan Patrick 4.5 to 3.7, of course with help from Boers & Bernsy in the 3 o’clock hour.

“Murph did great,” Rosen said. “It was one of Murph’s best books ever, and he’s been on the Score since Day One.” :roll: