It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Murph on the muscle....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:12 pm 

Even for him, Murph and his manly 'stache are having a bad day. He shouted at Cy Strezo to disconnect line 3 in the first half hour. Then, he hung up on a caller after referring to said caller as a "jerk" for suggesting that Murph rooted for the Sox to lose last year. If Cy up and kills Murph, I for one will not be surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:20 pm 

I noticed his snapping at Cy as well sir....What a grumpy Caller Bob bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:47 pm 

Sounds to me that the POS has PMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:21 pm 

Must have been the fact that Carlos Marmol got raped in the first by the Diamondbacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

The douche was more ornery today than usual. He seems to have a particularly short temper with callers. He also kept using "you're having some phone trouble" as an excuse to drop people prematurely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sorry I missed his meltdown today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Sorry I missed his meltdown today.

That's the thing with Murph. It wasn't a meltdown, that is his real personality and how he treats all his coworkers on a daily basis. Why else would Drinky post his dislike so clearly last week? His jovial nice guy act on the air is the fake personality. Otherwise he's constanly living in meltdown mode. Nice life, Murph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

We all know Mac to be a fairly honest guy, and Mac's description of Murph on more than one occasion has been "Murph's a guy who enjoys being miserable."

If I were him, I would have bit down on the Smith and Wesson and pulled the trigger by now.

He is OBSESSED with the Cubs and every bit of minutae that surrounds them. He constantly tries to be investigative reporter on all the goings on around Clark and Addison. He continually thinks his 2 hours of jaw flapping on the radio make a difference. One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

News flash Murph, the Cubs don't care about you exposing the fact that coaches make money on pregame clinics. Murph, Jim Hendry doesn't care that you've got a quote from Chris Speier saying they don't practice enough. NO ONE CARES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

LJH, that's a terrific description of the a-hole's life, no one cares, let alone the Cubs. They know he is a halfwitted, miserable jerk. He's not a fan, he's a bitcher, that is all this jag does is bitch, bitch, bitch. Go ask his old high school coach, he'll tell you that nothing has changed since he was a kid.

I guess it shows - Once an asshole, always an ass hole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
What was this between Drinky and Murph? Link? Explanation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6014

Drinky's vitriolic anti-Murph post is near the bottom of page 1.

I hearby nominate said post as BEST POST EVER.

God bless you Matt Abbatacola.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:42 am 

Since my name was brought up, I thought I would respond to these post. And to begin with I have no plans to shot anyone at the Score. Whether it is justified or not. I know many people have their opinions on Murph which is fine. I also realize that sometimes the means justifies the ends. I'm not saying that I dispise, dislike or have any sort of hatred towards Murph. I appreciate what Murph has done for me and have a great deal of gratitude for him. If not for Murph and a couple of other people I would probably be still hitting a button every 20 minutes like I was before Murph picked me to be his producer. So everytime an incident and trust me this wasn't even one that really bothered me (except for the fact that my family and friends might be listening) occurs, I think back to those nights.

My goal was never to be an overnight board op for Sporting News radio at the Score. It wasn't even my goal to be Murph's producer. My goal was to do a show on the Score. The radio station that when I was fourteen and it was only two days old I called into. I was the kid in the bus that took me from Dolton to De La Salle begging the bus driver to turn off B96 and put on the Score. The days when i was working a summer job painting and listening to the Monsters laughing my ass off (I swear the day before North asked Riley to shave his head was the funniest show I ever heard). The day I was driving and thinking of quitting College and hearing a caller call in to the Heavy Fuel Crew telling them that he was a couple years away from his broadcasting degree from Northern. When Mac told him to just go to School and get a job in the business, it was one of those Eureka moments. I realized that I really wanted to host a show at the Score. See I didn't get a job at the Score to work in the radio business, I got a job in radio to work at the Score.

With that being said it doesn't even begin to explain my time at the Score. And the determination that I have already had to endure to get to the point where I can almost see my dream becoming fulfilled. When I first got there I would have to say I was a pretty fast riser. I interned and become (I like to think at least) one of Fishman's main guys. I backed up two shows and worked constently on a part time basis. I'm not saying I was a great producer (I realize now that I probably sucked) but I could handle phones and the board. Trust me it isn't as easy as it sounds either. After getting getting passed over for a job I thought I was a lock for, i was given full time as overnight producer. Fish told me it wasnt permanant but once he left and two years later it sure seemed that way. I was told I wasn't good enough to even get an interview for producer jobs that were open. Hell I was even told I wasn't good enough to backup produce anymore. So whats a guy to do, well smoke alot of cigarettes and play Playstation all night. Not that I didn't work hard but there really wasn't much to do. I did what was required of me, showed up on time everyday and did it to the best of my abilities but I didn't see much of a future.

In that time I could have left or tried to get a job somewhere else but it just wouldn't have been the same as cracking the mic at the Score. So I went out and got a show on a Joliet station in which I still host at. When I realized that still didn't help me at all, I set my date to leave on June 1, 2005. A couple days before I was going to give my notice, Murph's evening show opened up. To say I was the favorite to get the job would be obsurd. You should have seen Andy's face when I asked him about it at a Bulls game. He had a looked that said Cy don't even think about getting your hopes up. But after two interviews I got the job and can honestly say that it was Murph who decided on me. My first day was May 31st. So for that I am grateful and appreciate the oppurtunity that Murph has given me. In less then a year I was working Middays. I also have learned alot from Murph about radio. The use of sound during a show, the prep that it takes to do a show everyday and most important to treat the callers with respect. My show puts every caller that can pass the screener on the air. In the rare case that we get backed up and don't have time, I try my best to make them realize that we feel bad they had to wait so long and not get to express their opinions. We also try our best to be caller friendly, in that we would prefer callers over guests. Something I remember being the focus on the 820 Score days.

I come into work everyday and give my best effort and think that I do a good job. I work three jobs and do what I have to do to get my dream accomplished. I also hope to make the show the best I possibly can. It was my idea to do the piece on the clinics and it wasn't even supposed to be what it turned out to be. I had planned to have Schuster just say that not to many people on the Cubs work extra to improve. We had no clue about the clinics. Same with the Scalping thing (who would have thought the Cubs ticket broker would be selling tickets at half off for a game they could have sold out before the season) and yes I thought both of those were good radio.

I write this not to defend Murph (although I do like Murph), I just wrote it to let people know that it would take alot more than Murph or anyone else at the Score to keep me from fulfilling my goals. I am just that determined and I know that when it happens I will kick ass on the air. Well I hope I don't get flamed for this but I just felt since my name was brought up I should comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 am 
1000 CLUB

Hey Cy, did Murph really give the finger to the mic that day when he was pissed at Mully?

Also, what's your show out in Joliet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:11 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Second post has to go to Murph. Or as I describe, the creepy, icky, duchebag of all Score hosts. I crapped him last week for good reason, and I have to lay this out. Who is still listening to this show? Why does it still get ratings. He has one decent interview with GM Jim every six months and he pulls almost a 3.5. WTF. I have never heard, including North (my God), someone who is so involved with themselves over nothing! I hope Teddy is reading right now. Oh wait, that is going to be Ed Sherman now that college football has started. Hey Ed, Michelle Wie will be in off-season. Try to follow Chicago Sports media like Teddy. He does a good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Congrats Cy. Instead of hitting a button every 20 minutes, you now have the honor of dropping an antiquated soundbite every 20 seconds. I have no issue with you, and I'm glad you're happy, but your boss is a raging rectum (TM Terry Boers), who can't play nice with anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:18 am 

Kudos to Cy for taking the time to post. I wish him no ill and indeed nothing but the best. I do hope Cy agrees that having a host (Murph or anyone else) snarl the way he did yesterday is simply bad radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Producer Cy (in icky, gay Murph voice)--good luck going forward. I would like to see you get a chance like Matt and Jason to shine. You guys are the future. One day, you will look back and say, "God, remember when I was a producer for that pud."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Cy was the only person who really wanted the job.

And Garcia looked at him at the Bulls game like he had lost his mind for even requesting the job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:58 pm 

Cy were you in those TB Diddlers commercials or am i hallucinating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:23 am 

Good luck on achieving your goals Cy.

However, that post gets the "Wordy Motherfucker" award of the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Drop In wrote:
Producer Cy (in icky, Burrito Murph voice)--good luck going forward. I would like to see you get a chance like Matt and Jason to shine. You guys are the future. One day, you will look back and say, "God, remember when I was a producer for that pud."

"and most important to treat the callers with respect. My show puts every caller that can pass the screener on the air. In the rare case that we get backed up and don't have time, I try my best to make them realize that we feel bad they had to wait so long and not get to express their opinions. We also try our best to be caller friendly, in that we would prefer callers over guests. Something I remember being the focus on the 820 Score days."

Seems like a shot at Abatacola to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Cy, you're full of shit.

Cy wrote:
Since my name was brought up, I thought I would respond to these post. And to begin with I have no plans to shot anyone at the Score. Whether it is justified or not. I know many people have their opinions on Murph which is fine.

Yeah, we think he's a POS.

Cy wrote:
I also realize that sometimes the means justifies the ends.

If the means justify the ends, acting like a piece of shit to everyone should put Murph's ratings lower than North's. The ends do not justify the means, either. Ranting, raving, being a dick to producers (we've heard the stories) and whatnot is not justified. $20-30,000 is not justification to be treated like shit (sorry if I overestimated).

Cy wrote:
I'm not saying that I dispise, dislike or have any sort of hatred towards Murph.

We do.

Cy wrote:
I appreciate what Murph has done for me and have a great deal of gratitude for him. If not for Murph and a couple of other people I would probably be still hitting a button every 20 minutes like I was before Murph picked me to be his producer.

So what exactly are you doing now? You hit the button with the "moo" clip every ten seconds, a button with the spurting sound, Hawk yelling "YES," and "Bud Selig declined to talk to us."

Cy wrote:
So everytime an incident and trust me this wasn't even one that really bothered me (except for the fact that my family and friends might be listening) occurs, I think back to those nights.

So Cy, how many incidents have there been? Give us examples of what really bothers you. How many incidents have there been with former producers that you're aware of?

Cy wrote:
I also have learned alot from Murph about radio. The use of sound during a show, the prep that it takes to do a show everyday and most important to treat the callers with respect.

"The use of sound during a show?" Are you fucking serious? Back in May Hawkeye kept track of the drops. For your information:

[size=7]12:06-Old ass "Murphy's Law Introduction"
12:06-"Statistician" music in background with John DuJuan (sp?)
12:16-Statistician music finally ends with interview, cue out to commercial...
12:23-Some drunk sounding "I'll be right back" drop before Eagle Loan spot
12:24-Quirky "computer typing" music drop before Tweeter commercial
12:26-"Curb Your Enthusiasm" theme song
12:26-Strange "zipping sound"
12:28-First "Rimshot" drop of the day. I'm surprised it took so long...
12:28-Second "Rimshot" drop, and in the SAME MINUTE.
12:28-"Bud Selig Declined To Talk To Us" drop. 3 drops in the same minute.
12:29-Strange "zipping sound" again (Curb music also starts playing again)
12:33-Strange "zipping sound" again
12:33-Strange "zipping sound" again
12:37-Hawk yelling "Yyyyeeess" drop
12:38-Dusty "I don't like Booing Period" drop (Curb music ends as we exit for a commercial break starting with "MY GUYS" at JDS)
12:45-Back from commercial and Curb music begins again...
12:53-Curb music ends with another exit to commercial
1:01-Some "apologize when I didn't do anything wrong" drop between commercial breaks. Back to commercials now.
1:05-A Barry Bonds interview drop "apologize when wrong" thing coming out of commercial
1:05-Starts some James Bond style background music while discussing Bonds steroid allegations. Music continues playing...
1:15-James Bond music finally ends, and he immediately starts playing a classic rock guitar solo on way out to another commercial...
1:17-Rock solo ends as we go out to commercial
1:17-"You guys wanted to hurt me" Bonds drop right before commercials
1:23-"I don't know what cheating is..." Bonds drop. Rock music starts and stops
1:23-Rim shot drop plays right after Bonds quote
1:23-Rock music still playing in background as Bonds discussion continues
1:25-Rim shot drop
1:25-Andy the Clown drop and we finally get to some callers for the first time in the show
1:32-After 2 callers we're back to an update (with rock music now being played in the background again of course) Hooray!!!
1:34-Back to Murph and James Bond music starts AGAIN
1:40-After a caller, we're back to commercial-James Bond music stops
1:40-After Burrito clapping, have Hawk drop saying "YYYEESSS"
1:40-After Hawk, another Bonds drop saying something unintelligible
1:47-Back from commercial
1:47-Another Bonds quote
1:47-Rolling Stones starts playing in background
1:53-"Bud Selig Declined to Talk to Us" drop (Music STILL being played in the background)
1:54-Background music changes to Led Zeppelin right away and we're back to commercial
The show ends with the typical song and I want to shoot myself now. Why did I decide to do this in the first place? Oh well, enjoy...
[/size]

Wow - you figured out how to add drops every minute...What great radio that makes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
Cy - here's to hoping you replace Murph on the air...well...immediately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
This has put my faith back in murph's show. Maybe he's not a THAT of a bad guy afterall.