It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:22 am 

I'm getting ready to move into my first house and I'm trying to decide which paper to get. Which Sports Section is better - The Trib or the Suntimes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
To me, better sports writers hands down is the Sun Times. Much better Bears coverage and great columns. My problem is if you have a spouse. On Sundays with the sig other it makes it a bit difficult for both people to go through the newpaper at the same time due to the design of the sun times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

Both of these Papers have gon way down hill since the early 90's. I'd say go with the Sun Times however. I think their reporters cover Chicago teams better. All of the Columbist suck in this town. Jay's OK when he's not trying to sabatoge somebody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:43 pm 

If those are your 2 choices then go with the Sun Times. Not that the Tribune is bad, but ChicagoSports.com will post ahead at night some of the stories that will appear in the Trib next day. I myself get the Daily Herald since their local news is better. The Sports section is tolerable, but I check both ChicagoSports.com and suntimes.com for their stories and columnists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes, Big fan put me in charge of the finances. So send that check to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:47 am 

Nastradamus wrote:
Quote:
Save the subscription money. This board will give you all the sports opinions and news that you can handle.

That's exactly right. You get sports talk, politics, music, movies, sports babes and a lot more here. Sign up today for the low price of $300 per week.

The odd thing is that we rarely have political discussion at this place. We have people on both sides of the aisle but it rarely is brought up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nastradamus wrote:
Quote:
Save the subscription money. This board will give you all the sports opinions and news that you can handle.

That's exactly right. You get sports talk, politics, music, movies, sports babes and a lot more here. Sign up today for the low price of $300 per week.

The odd thing is that we rarely have political discussion at this place. We have people on both sides of the aisle but it rarely is brought up.

I'd love to have a political forum on this site....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 am 

BD wrote:
[.

I'd love to have a political forum on this site....[/quote]

From what I have seen in other forums, they usually get out of hand, resolve nothing and devolve into name calling. I'd rather see a discussion simply come up occasionally with people jumping in then a full section devoted to it.