It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
just so everyone knows......(Dolphin) :wink:

Georgia won in a great game against Japan.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Call me creepy if you will (you won't be the first), but I enjoyed the LLWS. I'm with Doug. Call it my mid-life crisis kicking in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

depends....
i'm 31 and at a Crossroads of sorts.....

i woke up feeling like Ralph Macchio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
No male in my family has seen 60. Add in my various "habits" of the past and general stress, and I'm probably a few years late. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 am 

Coast2Coast wrote:
I don't watch little league baseball, but I won't cast any aspersions on those who do. Just as I won't cast aspersions on people who watch poker, women's golf, auto racing or any other activity that might be on TV. However, I am amused by people like Boers and Dolphin who do cast aspersions and judgements on people who have different viewing habits than they.

Dolphin apparently only watches the major sports involving professional or college athletes because in his world they are "relevant" and not "creepy". Ok, we get it. Like all things, a healthy dose of skepticism and cynicism, in moderation, is ok. Too much of it and you start to paint yourself as being a bit creepy yourself. But hey...it apparently works for Boers, so more power to the Dolphin if he is trying to emulate TB's view that the world outside his dank basement is "creepy".

Unlike Boers, my job description does not include having a working knowledge of all sports. In a lot of ways mine is the opposite. Leisure time is limited and only a small portion of that time is devoted to sports. The result is I watch what I like and don't have much time for anything else. I am unapologetic of this.

I had more to say but it would take far too much bandwidth and it would be monotonous for the rest of the board to read.

I did notice that is the second time in recent weeks that you have come out of nowhere with a personal statement that could lead to nothing good. I write enough crap here that I have no problem taking what I give out, but more of this and you are going to make me paranoid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

It is not my intent to offend you nor to make "a personal statement that could lead to nothing good." Like you, I just call things as I see them. And I don't quite understand your concern about being "personal", considering that you seem to be going down that road somewhat frequently yourself. I don't believe that my thoughts about your cynicism are nearly as "personal" as your intimations that people who watch little league baseball or watch Michele Wie play golf have an unhealthy interest in kids. It seemed pretty personal to me when you dissed Doug with the "Sitting on a sofa/Eyeing little boys with bad intent" comment. I guess being "personal" is in the eye of the beholder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:29 pm 

Coast2Coast wrote:
I don't believe that my thoughts about your cynicism are nearly as "personal" as your intimations that people who watch little league baseball or watch Michele Wie play golf have an unhealthy interest in kids. .

The only reason this discussion was extended was because someone asked if it was less creepy than 40 year olds watching Michelle Wie. I have no problem with people watching Michelle Wie. She is a person who is at the top of her profession regardless of age. You cannot say the same about Little Leaguers, which is why I find the interest strange.

As far as the "sitting on a park bench", I used it only because I know Doug is a big music guy and would immediately get it. I don't think Doug ever really believed I thought he was a ped because he watched baseball.

However, you dropped in after all was finished with your thoughts.

I'm not concerned about the personal comments. As I said, I give it and I can take it. I'm just registering that I noticed something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

yeah....i got the Jethro Tull reference.
but, it also got me fired up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:18 pm 

Seeing that, understand the little league comment in the divorce thread is a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

got it.