It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good one Murph...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:21 pm 

I've made my distain for Murph known for the last couple years on these boards, but if there's been one thing I could admire about him (well, not admire, but you know...) is that on the air he always took the high road when it came to his troubles with Boers. Boers has taken delight in lambasting Murph whether it be cryptic shots, drops, or just outright calling him a jackass....all the while Murph has basically ignored it and gone on with his crappy little Murphapalooza show...

But, recently, he's TRIED to turn the tables on B&B with his 'can't mention the Who You Crappin? show' and now today I could have sworn I wasn't hearing wrong, but wasn't Murph using drops of Terry's hysterical hyena laugh?

I'd cut it out Murph...wether people want to admit it or not, Terry and Dan are the jewels for that station, and you're waging a battle you can't win. Just grab your Judge Murphy gavel and shove it in your mouth like a LONG Banana.

-Crumbsy-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, this is a battle Murph just can't win. He has to know how hated he is by everybody he works with so this isn't one worth fighting for him. I do love the Murph bashing by B&B though. Lets keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

B&B have 4 hours during drive time to beat him bloody if he wants a war of words. His 2 hour lunch time show just can't equal drive time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:59 am 

Or he could just hire Harry

Post subject: Re: Good one Murph...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Crumbs Krause wrote:
I've made my distain for Murph known for the last couple years on these boards, but if there's been one thing I could admire about him (well, not admire, but you know...) is that on the air he always took the high road when it came to his troubles with Boers. Boers has taken delight in lambasting Murph whether it be cryptic shots, drops, or just outright calling him a jackass....all the while Murph has basically ignored it and gone on with his crappy little Murphapalooza show...

But, recently, he's TRIED to turn the tables on B&B with his 'can't mention the Who You Crappin? show' and now today I could have sworn I wasn't hearing wrong, but wasn't Murph using drops of Terry's hysterical hyena laugh?

I'd cut it out Murph...wether people want to admit it or not, Terry and Dan are the jewels for that station, and you're waging a battle you can't win. Just grab your Judge Murphy gavel and shove it in your mouth like a LONG Banana.

-Crumbsy-

Yeah, cut it out Murph. You actually beat the competition down the dial. Something Terry hasn't done since Mac was around.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:16 pm 

Yeah, cut it out Murph. You actually beat the competition down the dial. Something Terry hasn't done since Mac was around.[/quote]

Seacrest, I figured someone would call me out comparing the ratings. Yes, Murph does get better ratings...but if push came to shove and SCORE management had to choose between abolishing one of the shows, which one do you think they'd choose? B&B slowly but surely are closing the gap with Mac's show (which has been established in the time slot)...while Murph goes up against Pokerface Rosey and Blowhard Sean....a just an abortion of a show!

Winner winner chicken dinner[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crumbs Krause wrote:
Yeah, cut it out Murph. You actually beat the competition down the dial. Something Terry hasn't done since Mac was around.

Seacrest, I figured someone would call me out comparing the ratings. Yes, Murph does get better ratings...but if push came to shove and SCORE management had to choose between abolishing one of the shows, which one do you think they'd choose? B&B slowly but surely are closing the gap with Mac's show (which has been established in the time slot)...while Murph goes up against Pokerface Rosey and Blowhard Sean....a just an abortion of a show!

Winner winner chicken dinner[/quote][/quote]
Murph goes against the Dan Patrick abortion of a show, which is even worse than Rosey and Sean, hard to believe that's even possible, but it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:07 pm 

you're right, my fault....so many crummy shows clustered around each other it's easy to get confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Boers is a big POS. If Murph goes after him, Boers will cower back to his hole in the ground. I hope Murph does, Boers is one of those guys who can't take what he dishes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
HawaiiYou wrote:
Boers is a big POS. If Murph goes after him, Boers will cower back to his hole in the ground. I hope Murph does, Boers is one of those guys who can't take what he dishes out.

Boers will cower back into a hole in the ground? You're joking right? Even if he doesnt do it directly (im sure he will) his boys, Goff and Drinky, will hammer those Murph drops like there is no tomorrow. Its pretty obvious that the entire B&B show hate Murph, so it would be a 4 v 1 battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:07 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
Goff and Drinky are not that good, and B&B are ripe for a direct hit.

Cy is hungry and he can take 'em.

I have $100 on Cy. Who wants the other end?

Don't be delusional. Check out the "Murph's on the muscle" thread and during Cy's post you know he's just toeing the company line because he knows Mitch, etc. read this board. If you read between the lines of his post though you just have the feeling that he's doing his best not to give Murph a verbal beatdown.

I don't know what you have against Drinky and Sam Horny, but Murph the Purse Swinging Mamby has no ammo against the afternoon show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:26 am 

haha good post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Panther pislA wrote:
I just like the underdog, that's all.

Plus I hate "Cronies", which most of B&B's flunkies could be best described as.

Finally, I'm just being a dickhead - I probably do have some sort of stupid testosterone-based competition complex - BUT THAT'S 'CUZ I'M (1) AN AMERICAN, and (2) A SOUTH SIDER!

(jeez, I can't wait for the reply to THIS one! :shock: )

Aren't the Cubs technically an underdog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
Lets get something straight. The 2 goofs on from 2-6 are anything but the jewels of the station. I do not know anyone who still listens to their old tired show. 2 of my friends were diehard B and B fans but even they no longer listen to their junk anymore. Murph should be the one on from 2-6. Its a shame he only gets 2 hours, especially during baseball season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:39 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I agree with Panther. Its nice to see the bully get beat up from time to time. Murph has never gone down to Boers' lowly depths but sometimes you got to say enough is enough.

And the other guys like drinky, so what. I think murph has more pull on the station than some producers/wannabe hosts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
I think it would be hiliarious if Murph fought back because it would give even more reason for B&B to pound him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bud Dude wrote:
Lets get something straight. The 2 goofs on from 2-6 are anything but the jewels of the station. I do not know anyone who still listens to their old tired show. 2 of my friends were diehard B and B fans but even they no longer listen to their junk anymore. Murph should be the one on from 2-6. Its a shame he only gets 2 hours, especially during baseball season.
Murph gets 1 hour and 59 minutes too much of air time already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm 

Quote:

i agree. i used to listen to b and b all the time, but after awhile the adolescence of the show crawls under your skin. people say north is immature but dan is like big bird trying to make a gang of thugs laugh. and i completely tune out the topic when dan goes into one of his winded 'expanded vocabulary' arguments. all he does is throw big words together and specifies that was his unique answer. he wont even give anyone a chance to refute because his answer was so 'intellectually perfect'.

im not saying b and b are horrible but its just to politically correct for my tastes. and murph has more broadcasting talent and work ethic then b and b combined. it seems the fans are just as slit as the employees of the score are. its mike and murph's people against the pretty people