It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes, I am a Cub fan, but this isn’t a Cub fan being jealous, when the White Sox won it last year, they deserved it and they are the best baseball team in this city. With that said, I cannot believe how WSCR has basically ignored the fact that the team who was supposed to win it all again is a 3rd place team. This station has taken every chance they could to rip apart a very bad Cub team this year, but yet, when the better team blows it this year, the on air hosts barely can say anything about it. Why? Is it Mitch or did Reinsdorf request that the Sox chatter be kept to a minimal? The reason I ask this is because the fire that most of the hosts go after Baker and the Cub players, seems to be lost when it comes to Sox talk.

North is basically the only person to say anything and he did it in such a soft manner, that I just laughed. The two afternoon shows glazed over it and B&B rather stomp their feet over the fact that Ron Santo doesn’t like the Cubs laughing in the clubhouse after a loss. What is the bigger story here? Santo or last years World Series Champions not making the playoffs? It seems pretty simple to me, it’s just a shame that the station hosts have sold out the fans by not stepping up and saying what needs to be said. They won’t even take calls on them, I tried and they said it is football season now and they don’t want to kick the Sox while they are down, that came from the screener and that just sucks.

It’s a shame what this station has turned into, it really is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

They are just all choked up over the big choke by the Sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:39 pm 

Again, Bernstein has been ripping them a part for the better part of the season. Remember, listening is a god damned skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I agree with you nWo but this shouldn't be a surprise. I'm sure you had to expect this stuff coming into the season. The Score has to protect its interests and keep uncle Jerry happy so there's no way you'll get 100% honest White Sox opinions until this contract is up.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Again, Bernstein has been ripping them a part for the better part of the season. Remember, listening is a god damned skill.

Yes, listening is a skill and if you were listening closely, he would rip whatever Kenny Williams or Ozzie Guillen were ripping, he never went overboard like he has done with others in the past. Boers and Bernstein are weak stock, a few examples:

For years they ripped Bill Parcell, but yet when the interview them, they kiss up to him.

Rip Phil Jackson for years and when they have him in the studio, they bend over for him.

Dale Earnhardt jr. was a guest recently, they have made fun of him and his dad death, but yet they have him on and suck up to him.

Terry would say, "well it wasnt just the right time to dicsuss those issues". That is as weak as it gets folks, so I do listen and what I am hearing is two guys without any guts whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Haven't Boers and Bernstein made a career of being tough guys over the airwaves until their punching bag picks up a phone? Look at how they treat callers - do you think they would be that tough to a guy live and in front of them on a remote? Those two are sweater-vest wearing pussies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:27 pm 

nWo4Life wrote:
Quote:

Yes, listening is a skill and if you were listening closely, he would rip whatever Kenny Williams or Ozzie Guillen were ripping, he never went overboard like he has done with others in the past. Boers and Bernstein are weak stock, a few examples:

For years they ripped Bill Parcell, but yet when the interview them, they kiss up to him.

Rip Phil Jackson for years and when they have him in the studio, they bend over for him.

Dale Earnhardt jr. was a guest recently, they have made fun of him and his dad death, but yet they have him on and suck up to him.

Terry would say, "well it wasnt just the right time to dicsuss those issues". That is as weak as it gets folks, so I do listen and what I am hearing is two guys without any guts whatsoever.

Of course! Listen, as a host, you can't lambast a guest when they agree to come on your show...even they realize that particular gues took time out of their schedule to come on the show with them. It's not only their show, it's every radio host, talk show host, etc. It's just like a late night talk show (Letterman, Leno, Conan, whomever), they take scathing shots at celebrities and politicians every day of the year...yet when someone like Lindsey Lohan comes on their show, after numerous months or years of punchlines at their expense, you can't keep up that same routine! You have to treat your guests with respect....the people at the Score take a beating for their softball questions, but if they treat their guests like utter shit, then they know that the chances of them coming back are slim and none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Of course! Listen, as a host, you can't lambast a guest when they agree to come on your show...even they realize that particular gues took time out of their schedule to come on the show with them. It's not only their show, it's every radio host, talk show host, etc. It's just like a late night talk show (Letterman, Leno, Conan, whomever), they take scathing shots at celebrities and politicians every day of the year...yet when someone like Lindsey Lohan comes on their show, after numerous months or years of punchlines at their expense, you can't keep up that same routine! You have to treat your guests with respect....the people at the Score take a beating for their softball questions, but if they treat their guests like utter shit, then they know that the chances of them coming back are slim and none.

Or you could be a man and say it to their face, but I dont think either one of them has the guts to do that. That has to be a great job, say whatever you want about someone, but when it comes time to face them, you can just ignore it and not be accountable for hurtful and inaccurate comments. I think they call those type of people "punks".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:37 pm 

Truly you are a fucking moron, and that's not the B&B apologist in me, I'd defend that position if it was any host on any medium. Now go crawl back in your cave with the rest of the trolls and continue giving each other the "2 Sweet" hand gesture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Crumbs Krause wrote:
Truly you are a fucking moron, and that's not the B&B apologist in me, I'd defend that position if it was any host on any medium. Now go crawl back in your cave with the rest of the trolls and continue giving each other the "2 Sweet" hand gesture.

Such deep thinking, you must work in radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:46 pm 

I believe if you are going to talk smack about someone over the airwaves, then you should be able to say the same thing to that individual in person. Regardless if they are a guest/celebrity.

Also, most of those stupid callers could easily be screened. But, I think Drinky purposely let's them through for the entertainment value.

So who is really at fault, the callers or the screeners?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:47 am 
1000 CLUB

nWo4Life wrote:
Yes, I am a Cub fan, but this isn’t a Cub fan being jealous, when the White Sox won it last year, they deserved it and they are the best baseball team in this city. With that said, I cannot believe how WSCR has basically ignored the fact that the team who was supposed to win it all again is a 3rd place team. This station has taken every chance they could to rip apart a very bad Cub team this year, but yet, when the better team blows it this year, the on air hosts barely can say anything about it. Why? Is it Mitch or did Reinsdorf request that the Sox chatter be kept to a minimal? The reason I ask this is because the fire that most of the hosts go after Baker and the Cub players, seems to be lost when it comes to Sox talk.

North is basically the only person to say anything and he did it in such a soft manner, that I just laughed. The two afternoon shows glazed over it and B&B rather stomp their feet over the fact that Ron Santo doesn’t like the Cubs laughing in the clubhouse after a loss. What is the bigger story here? Santo or last years World Series Champions not making the playoffs? It seems pretty simple to me, it’s just a shame that the station hosts have sold out the fans by not stepping up and saying what needs to be said. They won’t even take calls on them, I tried and they said it is football season now and they don’t want to kick the Sox while they are down, that came from the screener and that just sucks.

It’s a shame what this station has turned into, it really is.

The guy who just discovered that B and B are rude to callers/have a know it all style now automatically knows the Sox haven't been ripped without even listening. Take your rose colored glasses off, all year, if the Cubs won 2 in a row (no matter how out of it they are), the idiotic hosts would get legitametly excited, while 2 Sox losses in a row (even when they were in 1st) brought up 'Sox hives' and the like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:06 am 

Mike North built an entire promotion over the Cubs winning 3 in a row.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Totally missing the point guys. Why is it that the Cubs get their lunch handed to them every day. They have been out of it for months, but Mulligan, North and the rest of the boys go out of their way to beat their ass into the ground, but yet when the team that was favored to win it all again this year, becomes a 3rd place team, no one their can spit out one word. Mulligan has said he wont talk about it, North deflects any sox talk to other subjects, Boers and Bernstein rather worry about Reggie Manning Jr. for 2 days.

The Sox blew it and since they are the flagship, they wont go negative on them. If this happened to the Cubs or any other team, they would be 24/7 rip fest. The one bothers me the most is they get on the air and brag how they have been hard on the Sox this year (North said this) and if having ones lips attached to anything Whitesox is being hard on them, then they can have it. When Boers and Dan get on the air and have a choice of talking about the Sox collapse or a national subject, they choose to talk Terrel Owens, I thought this was a local sports radio station, I guess that is only good when the Sox are winning, I guess of Jerry Reinsdorf has that station in his pocket also. What a shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:27 pm 

The Sox followed up a World Series winning year by winning 90 games. Their biggest mistake was playing in a division with two of the three best teams in the AL. The Cubs on the other hand, damn near lost 100 games playing in the slop that is the NL. With the payroll they have the SCORE let's them off easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
The Sox followed up a World Series winning year by winning 90 games. Their biggest mistake was playing in a division with two of the three best teams in the AL. The Cubs on the other hand, damn near lost 100 games playing in the slop that is the NL. With the payroll they have the SCORE let's them off easy.

Again, the sox were suppose to win it all and if you are not in the playoffs, is there really a difference if you win 60 or 99 games? Ozzie said there isnt and isnt southisde baseball about winning it all or nothing at all?

My point is that even though they had a 90 win game season, they didnt make the playoffs and WSCR hosts are avoiding it, that isnt right. This team was suppose to be imporved and better then last year, but yet they couldnt beat two teams with less talent then they have, that should be worthy of some type of critical comment.

Look at the whole situation over there. Rongey is a kiss ass, who would defend that team even if they committed 10 errors and got no hit, he would say, "well, we know that wont happen and they are a better team then that" Why not say, "they sucked tonight" Boers and Bernstein make fun of Rongey all the time, but they are no better, because when they have anyone from the Sox on, they just suck up to them.

WSCR is no longer the station they claimed to be, yes they will rip on the Cubs, Bears, Hawks and Bulls, but because of their unwillingness to acknowledge the choke job of the Sox just because they are the flagship, well, at least with the same venom they do with the other teams, they just disappointed me, but I guess I am the only one who hears it.

Plus I love how they scream how injuires are not a excuse for the Cubs, but Boers is making excuses for the Sox by saying we will hear about how Buerhle, Crede and so on were hurt and that ha alot to do with the 2nd half collapse. That is the type of thing that makes Boers sound like a sellout, which he is. Then you have North, who actually was stadning up to Don Cooper for awhile, until Cooper went crying to Mitch about it and the last three weeks have been softball questions, that is what bothers me the most, Ozzie, Cooper and Williams are the most thinned skinned people I ever heard and yet a station full of hosts who have stated that in the past, are no ignoring it because they feel they might get in trouble for telling the truth. If that isnt the reason, then it must be they cant stop being a fan for their shift and discuss the issues this team has and if that is the case, not one of them is a true professional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:30 am 

The Sox were supposed to win it all? That's an absolutely absurd statement. Anytime you have to compete with the Yankees for a pennant, there are no guarantees.

This wasn't a choke job, see 2003 & 2004 Cubs for that. The difference between the Sox making the playoffs and not came down to one thing the awful 2nd half of Mark Buehrle. Even with that, they stayed in the race up until the last two weeks of the season.

When the Cubs win a World Series they'll go decades without getting criticised by the Chicago media -- if the Chicago media still exists that is. :lol: