It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 am 

TenFoot, remember when you ripped Jim Rome on Twitter and you got that backlash?

That was awesome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:28 am 

Yes, I'd run from here if I were you too, TenFoot

CSFMB is a dangerous place if you're full of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:33 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
TenFootMidget wrote:
And Mr. Reason, yes, most of you most likely make more money at your jobs than I do writing for 670thescore.com; hence me still working two other jobs. I also don't define myself by how much money I make doing what I enjoy. Certainly I wouldn't be a teacher if that were true. But if that's how you get your sense of self-worth, congrats.

That's not at all what my post said. You aren't big on the comprehension thing, are you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
I think it's really, really, really cool that Score people come here to tell us how dumb we are.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:41 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Did anyone from the board enter?

I entered and went last Tuesday and auditioned in Naperville. Didn't think I did a good job...Not expecting to hear back from anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
TenFootMidget wrote:
And Q., I agree with Bernstein on some things and disagree on others. If you equate the times we agree with kissing ass, equate using correct grammar and not sounding willfully ignorant with kissing ass, or merely equate anyone Bernstein doesn't hate with being an ass-kisser, I can't help you there.

This is terrific. "Sure, I agree with Bernstein on a few things--like being smart!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: ***
Quote:
Journalism, whether objective articles or subjective columns, doesn't follow many of the rules of MLA-type high school English paper-writing.

OK. Why do you use shitty hackneyed one sentence paragraphs?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Well then.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:33 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
* adjusts codpiece *

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:47 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
TenFootMidget wrote:
3. I find Fahrenheit 451 to be one of the most important novels in the Western canon.

Are you one of those people who considers Stephen King an important author? They really let your silly ass teach English? It's times like these I wish Tall Midget were still here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:16 am 

TenFootMidget wrote:
Please direct all future questions to tenfootmailbag@gmail.com or tweet me @Ten_Foot_Midget. I thank you in advance.
Why wouldn't I just ask Dan Bernstein on twitter so you can just retweet his answer? That cuts out the middleman.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:
3. I find Fahrenheit 451 to be one of the most important novels in the Western canon.

Are you one of those people who considers Stephen King an important author?

Greatest author of the late 20th century.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:50 am 

The midget stuff is funny

I wonder though...

Are these clones of Bernstein self aware? I mean deep down, TFM and the others have to know that they seek Bernstein's approval and that for the most part repackaging what Bernstein said in an email toBernstein is the best way to do it

There is no way, they are so dense that they just think "Bernstein and I are a lot alike. We are intelligent sports fans"

TFM is even telling people how to correctly watch the Finals. He had a column about not letting "Heat hate blind you from great series" and a since deleted tweet in the final minutes of game one that said something to the effect of

Are we all enjoying this great game without the dumb narrative hate?"

So this NBA Superfan is watching a close game in game one of the NBA finals and he's thinking "I hope other people are correctly watching this game"

I bet Baffoe wasnt an NBA fan until Bernstein got on air and put it on the list of things non racist people like

Another larger question: Even if there were as many meatballs as Berns and Baffoe claim....who cares? What is the obsession with changing them? If they enjoy thinking Bears are better in cold weather...let them think that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:59 am 

I don't think they do realize it though. I really believe the acolytes think of themselves as some form of highly evolved sports fan who aren't bogged down by the dumb thoughts of the plebeians.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:04 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
I don't think they do realize it though. I really believe the acolytes think of themselves as some form of highly evolved sports fan who aren't bogged down by the dumb thoughts of the plebeians.

Im inclined to agree.

Its really hilarious. We have an English teacher shaking his fist at sports fans....because Bernstein said so.

TFM is just a south side white less entertaining version of Laurence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:

Are you one of those people who considers Stephen King an important author? They really let your silly ass teach English? It's times like these I wish Tall Midget were still here.

What though the sea with waues continuall
Doe eate the earth, it is no more at all:
Ne is the earth the lesse, or loseth ought,
For whatsoeuer from one place doth fall,
Is with the tide vnto an other brought:
For there is nothing lost, that may be found, if sought.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:

What though the sea with waues continuall
Doe eate the earth, it is no more at all:
Ne is the earth the lesse, or loseth ought,
For whatsoeuer from one place doth fall,
Is with the tide vnto an other brought:
For there is nothing lost, that may be found, if sought.

TM, my guy!

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Q.Bovifs wrote:
Well. . . Some can't get to the top unless they've stepped on the rest.

Call me what you want, but if you're pushing 30 and you still haven't made any money, I don't consider you very "smart".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm 

Ten Foot Midget disagrees with Bernstein!!!

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/19/baffoe-put-clemens-in-your-tainted-hall-of-fame-writers/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
They really do need a wing or something for all these guys.

Bonds, HOF before roids!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
TenFootMidget wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:
Good luck to any of you actually trying out for a host gig this year. You won't win, though.

Are you saying that there is an active agenda in place to shun Boardmembers?

Oh, not at all. I was half-kidding. There are actually two or three of you that aren't completely spiteful internet bullies and actually have a constructive thought in your heads [cue "You don't have a thought in your head, TenFootDbag" -esque brilliant response by someone]. I encourage anyone who's interested to actually try out. Honestly, after the initial tryout last year, I walked away thinking I had no chance of hearing back from The Score, so don't sell yourselves short.

And Mr. Reason, yes, most of you most likely make more money at your jobs than I do writing for 670thescore.com; hence me still working two other jobs. I also don't define myself by how much money I make doing what I enjoy. Certainly I wouldn't be a teacher if that were true. But if that's how you get your sense of self-worth, congrats.

And Q., I agree with Bernstein on some things and disagree on others. If you equate the times we agree with kissing ass, equate using correct grammar and not sounding willfully ignorant with kissing ass, or merely equate anyone Bernstein doesn't hate with being an ass-kisser, I can't help you there. You seem to forget, too, that I haven't called in since getting the writing gig and have maybe sent the show two emails, so I don't know what opportunities to even kiss ass you're referencing.

I love you all. Be well.

My God, you really are a self-important, pompous douche. You write a blog for a sports talk radio station that no one reads. You aren't a columnist for the New York Times - give it a rest. I'm guessing you read at coffee shops.

INTERNET BULLY ALERT!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:53 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

Only because Bernstein spent an hour saying "I can definitely see that and it has an intellectual honesty to it"

Bernstein allowed for the position

Again, its fascinating to me that these Bernstein clones are not self aware.

The best was when Bernstein wrote the article thanking Meatballs for 15 years and TenFootMidgetInBeverly wrote a response in the meatball voice.

That was the biggest Bernstein cock sucking move of all time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:39 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The midget stuff is funny

I wonder though...

Are these clones of Bernstein self aware? I mean deep down, TFM and the others have to know that they seek Bernstein's approval and that for the most part repackaging what Bernstein said in an email toBernstein is the best way to do it

There is no way, they are so dense that they just think "Bernstein and I are a lot alike. We are intelligent sports fans"

TFM is even telling people how to correctly watch the Finals. He had a column about not letting "Heat hate blind you from great series" and a since deleted tweet in the final minutes of game one that said something to the effect of

Are we all enjoying this great game without the dumb narrative hate?"

So this NBA Superfan is watching a close game in game one of the NBA finals and he's thinking "I hope other people are correctly watching this game"

I bet Baffoe wasnt an NBA fan until Bernstein got on air and put it on the list of things non racist people like

Another larger question: Even if there were as many meatballs as Berns and Baffoe claim....who cares? What is the obsession with changing them? If they enjoy thinking Bears are better in cold weather...let them think that.

Good post, rpb. Dan has cultivated this notion of being a "smart" sports fan. Seems impressive and innovative but it's really an undefined nebulous mass of patronizing haughtiness. Why does knowing the offenses, defenses, and tactics of sports teams make you a better fan? What does one do with this sports education? Your lord it over the unworthy. The unwashed masses of the sports world who actually dare to enjoy a baseball game without considering what fangraphs has to say on the subject. Or who just want to bitch about the Bears without Matt Bowen explaining how complex the 2004 Redskins defense was.

The Bernstein parrots are those types of people, who I am sure we all know, that have always felt what they had to say on a subject has long gone unheeded. You know, the guy who thinks because he has an undergraduate degree he has it in him to be a profound essayist and the next great American novelist. Bersnie has enabled them, coddled them, told them that they now have valid identities. Dan himself suffers from an superiority complex. Like, what's the point with all this useless sports egotism? To make me hate the one radio show I used to like on the SCORE?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't remember if I posted this thought yet, but Ten Foot Midget coming here hat in hand to ask for votes and then turning around and saying none of us should even audition because we won't win is an all-time bitch move. I'm glad I've never read your work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:42 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I don't remember if I posted this thought yet, but Ten Foot Midget coming here hat in hand to ask for votes and then turning around and saying none of us should even audition because we won't win is an all-time bitch move. I'm glad I've never read your work.
He's just mad because his "prize" was a glorified blogspot.com account.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Curious Hair wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

Im not sure about you, but Ive heard others express this and I cant help but wonder

Did you guys actually take the time to vote for him?

Im not sure Id do that for a board member I like, much less that guy

Why did you guys even vote for him?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I didn't vote for him. I just found it funny that he popped up and begged for votes when he really didn;t post here before. Now he acts like he's part of the Score and comes here to troll.

I think I may have followed him on twitter a while back, but never read any of his blogs. The tweets were bad enough to make me unfollow...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 am 

Im gonna start another running tally thread

Mulligan's Euro mentions or TFM's Bernstein-approved tweets?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next