It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Well, they all talk on the "DP Show". I don't think The SCORE has a designated blogger for every show they air.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think it's that the Score bloggers (10'M, Dorfman, guy with a Polish name) CAN'T have airtime, it's just that they don't. Maybe they're trying to get airtime but haven't earned it yet. Maybe they sound like Adam Harris on helium after getting kicked in the junk. Who knows.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:04 pm 

You know what I'd like to see...this board get the money to begin its own radio channel. You could set a rotation of posters from this board to cover a full broadcast day. Imagine the likes of a spmack, Kid Cairo, Beardown, Shark and the rest waxing poetic about sports on a daily basis. No need for newspaper people to moonlight as hosts or ex-jocks looking for life after their sport. This could be a station for the people, of the people and by the people. Actually, for the people, of the people and by the people from this website.

I remember friends asking if I would go through the process again if the station did another contest and I remember saying that I doubt I would be considered based on what happened the first time they did this. It wouldn't look good if I made it through their process and won as it would look "rigged". Or, from my side, I'd hate to make it all the way to the finals and be the bridesmaid, again. Or, apply and not even make it to the audition portion. It wasn't a "win-win" situation at all. I had a blast doing it and despite my inquiries I never found out what I was missing that kept me from winning. I got the ole' "it wasn't what you did" speech which never answered my question. I also got the "I think we can do something with you. Stay in touch." line from Mitch and, of course, it went nowhere. Ironically, a position at the station was posted ten months ago for a sports anchor at the Score. I wasn't working at the time and contacted Mitch who said he remembered who I was. I didn't hear back from him for several weeks during which time I was offered a full time teaching job which I took. Several days after accepting the position, Mitch calls and asked if I might be able to come and talk with him. I had to turn it down as I had something for sure compared to something I might not get. Still, I had a good time and enjoyed the experience.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Spmack Talk with Spmack and Speeps

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'd put some of my own money behind that vehicle. Granted, I don't have any, but still...

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Are the state-of-the-art Webio studios in Morton Grove still intact? Let's throw a brick through a window and take it over.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
SHARK's going for it...Just E-mailed them a short time ago. Hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
chip egan wrote:
You know what I'd like to see...this board get the money to begin its own radio channel. You could set a rotation of posters from this board to cover a full broadcast day. Imagine the likes of a spmack, Kid Cairo, Beardown, Shark and the rest waxing poetic about sports on a daily basis. No need for newspaper people to moonlight as hosts or ex-jocks looking for life after their sport. This could be a station for the people, of the people and by the people. Actually, for the people, of the people and by the people from this website.

I remember friends asking if I would go through the process again if the station did another contest and I remember saying that I doubt I would be considered based on what happened the first time they did this. It wouldn't look good if I made it through their process and won as it would look "rigged". Or, from my side, I'd hate to make it all the way to the finals and be the bridesmaid, again. Or, apply and not even make it to the audition portion. It wasn't a "win-win" situation at all. I had a blast doing it and despite my inquiries I never found out what I was missing that kept me from winning. I got the ole' "it wasn't what you did" speech which never answered my question. I also got the "I think we can do something with you. Stay in touch." line from Mitch and, of course, it went nowhere. Ironically, a position at the station was posted ten months ago for a sports anchor at the Score. I wasn't working at the time and contacted Mitch who said he remembered who I was. I didn't hear back from him for several weeks during which time I was offered a full time teaching job which I took. Several days after accepting the position, Mitch calls and asked if I might be able to come and talk with him. I had to turn it down as I had something for sure compared to something I might not get. Still, I had a good time and enjoyed the experience.

Webio II!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
We could do a web only thing. Everybody has a radio show these days. This would actually be really good...

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Krazy Ivan wrote:
We could do a web only thing. Everybody has a radio show these days. This would actually be really good...

http://www.ustream.tv/

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

for about two weeks when everyone fatigued of the idea

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'd be game.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I'd do a show.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: The one I work at
sjboyd0137 wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Unlike Andrew "McLovin" Perloff on "The Dan Patrick Show", bloggers aren't supposed to have any airtime whatsoever.

Why?

Doesn't Bernstein blog? Should he not have air time?

What about Meatpants?

Where in the United States Constitution or in the FCC Regulations does it state that bloggers aren't supposed to have any air time?

SHARK

I am simply asking why bloggers aren't supposed to have air time. You factually stated that in your post that I quoted (see bold)

Boyd, stop defending me. I've told you before that I won't go out with you.

To the rest of you, it's been a while. How's things? I'm thoroughly disappointed I get no hatemail from any of you. You've all gone soft. I assumed at least one of you would make my weekly mailbag each time it was posted. Sad. Good luck to any of you actually trying out for a host gig this year. You won't win, though.

Kiss my ass,

SCORE SEARCH 2011 CHAMPEEN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 pm 

Shit

No one should give you airtime...honestly, the best part about you winning last year is no more 10 foot midget craps on Thursdays. Now if we could find a way to kill Maddux Boy and get Unemployed Lawyer a job so they go the hell away, that segment might be good again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Shit

No one should give you airtime...honestly, the best part about you winning last year is no more 10 foot midget craps on Thursdays. Now if we could find a way to kill Maddux Boy and get Unemployed Lawyer a job so they go the hell away, that segment might be good again.

At least my blogs are shorter than my craps were...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:27 pm 

Bernstein must have opened up the gimp cage today.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 pm 

TenFootMidget wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Shit

Better too...the Ten Foot Mailbag is just awful, though. I'd rather listen to Gary tell us about all 30 seasons of Bonanza or whatever than read that again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Shit

Better too...the Ten Foot Mailbag is just awful, though. I'd rather listen to Gary tell us about all 30 seasons of Bonanza or whatever than read that again.

Then submit better questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:22 pm 

TenFootMidget wrote:

To the rest of you, it's been a while. How's things? I'm thoroughly disappointed I get no hatemail from any of you. You've all gone soft. I assumed at least one of you would make my weekly mailbag each time it was posted. Sad. Good luck to any of you actually trying out for a host gig this year. You won't win, though.

Kiss my ass,

To get hate mail, people actually have to give a shit about your thoughts.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
TenFootMidget wrote:

Kiss my ass,

You're probably right, no one here will win. In any event, any thoughts posted here will still be read by more people than read your thoughts on the Score's site and we probably get paid almost as much as you to post them. So, we have that going for us, which is nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Did anyone from the board enter?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
TenFootMidget wrote:

Kiss my ass,

If you are an example of what it takes to win this stupid ass contest, there are about 50 posters here whose sports thoughts are light years ahead of any of the shit that you blog about doucheface. You should join forces with Spaeda, you'll both double your listener / readership then. In the meantime, fuck off you limp-dicked cumchugger.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
This is the most action TenFootDoucher has gotten in months.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 am 

TenFootMidget wrote:
[ You've all gone soft.

must be the naked pictures of yourself that you PM everyone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:55 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:
Good luck to any of you actually trying out for a host gig this year. You won't win, though.

Are you saying that there is an active agenda in place to shun Boardmembers?

Oh, not at all. I was half-kidding. There are actually two or three of you that aren't completely spiteful internet bullies and actually have a constructive thought in your heads [cue "You don't have a thought in your head, TenFootDbag" -esque brilliant response by someone]. I encourage anyone who's interested to actually try out. Honestly, after the initial tryout last year, I walked away thinking I had no chance of hearing back from The Score, so don't sell yourselves short.

And Mr. Reason, yes, most of you most likely make more money at your jobs than I do writing for 670thescore.com; hence me still working two other jobs. I also don't define myself by how much money I make doing what I enjoy. Certainly I wouldn't be a teacher if that were true. But if that's how you get your sense of self-worth, congrats.

And Q., I agree with Bernstein on some things and disagree on others. If you equate the times we agree with kissing ass, equate using correct grammar and not sounding willfully ignorant with kissing ass, or merely equate anyone Bernstein doesn't hate with being an ass-kisser, I can't help you there. You seem to forget, too, that I haven't called in since getting the writing gig and have maybe sent the show two emails, so I don't know what opportunities to even kiss ass you're referencing.

I love you all. Be well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: ***
TenFootMidget wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
TenFootMidget wrote:
Good luck to any of you actually trying out for a host gig this year. You won't win, though.

Are you saying that there is an active agenda in place to shun Boardmembers?

Oh, not at all. I was half-kidding. There are actually two or three of you that aren't completely spiteful internet bullies and actually have a constructive thought in your heads [cue "You don't have a thought in your head, TenFootDbag" -esque brilliant response by someone]. I encourage anyone who's interested to actually try out. Honestly, after the initial tryout last year, I walked away thinking I had no chance of hearing back from The Score, so don't sell yourselves short.

And Mr. Reason, yes, most of you most likely make more money at your jobs than I do writing for 670thescore.com; hence me still working two other jobs. I also don't define myself by how much money I make doing what I enjoy. Certainly I wouldn't be a teacher if that were true. But if that's how you get your sense of self-worth, congrats.

And Q., I agree with Bernstein on some things and disagree on others. If you equate the times we agree with kissing ass, equate using correct grammar and not sounding willfully ignorant with kissing ass, or merely equate anyone Bernstein doesn't hate with being an ass-kisser, I can't help you there. You seem to forget, too, that I haven't called in since getting the writing gig and have maybe sent the show two emails, so I don't know what opportunities to even kiss ass you're referencing.

I love you all. Be well.

Hey Ten Foot Midget, as an English teacher, why the fuck do you do the hackneyed one-sentence-paragraph thing? Also, is your opinion ever not Dan Bernstein's opinion? If so, please provide three examples. Thx.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 am 

Irish Boy wrote:
Hey Ten Foot Midget, as an English teacher, why the fuck do you do the hackneyed one-sentence-paragraph thing? Also, is your opinion ever not Dan Bernstein's opinion? If so, please provide three examples. Thx.

Journalism, whether objective articles or subjective columns, doesn't follow many of the rules of MLA-type high school English paper-writing.

1. I don't hate high school sports.
2. I love Radiohead.
3. I find Fahrenheit 451 to be one of the most important novels in the Western canon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 am 

Please direct all future questions to tenfootmailbag@gmail.com or tweet me @Ten_Foot_Midget. I thank you in advance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next