It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:13 pm 

Does anyone remember this? Murph was nailing to the wall and basically telling him that he sucked because he couldn't hit left handers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Same thing for Thome, hit 236 against lefites and hit 6 homes with 24 rbi's

Jones hit 234, with 6 homers and 26 rbi's

Wonder if Murph will bring that up ever? Oooops, thats right, there not allowed to rip up Sox players unless Jerry or Kenny ok it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

nWo4Life wrote:

Wonder if Murph will bring that up ever? Oooops, thats right, there not allowed to rip up Sox players unless Jerry or Kenny ok it.

You haven't been listening then to the Score. I originally though the same thing, but North/Bernstein in particular were constantly questioning the White Sox and the players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Plus the analogy to Jones and Thome is stupid. While they might have hit similar against lefty's, Thome more then made up for it against the righties compared to Jones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Plus the analogy to Jones and Thome is stupid. While they might have hit similar against lefty's, Thome more then made up for it against the righties compared to Jones.

No its not, for one, I never said Jones was at the level that Thome is, but we were talking about two left handed hitters and the stats against lefties say they both are weak. So if Murph is going to rampage against Jones day after day, then the fair thing to do is to say it when its true when it comes to one of the Sox players.

Quote:
You haven't been listening then to the Score. I originally though the same thing, but North/Bernstein in particular were constantly questioning the White Sox and the players.

I heard them, but they didnt go after them with the same venom that they went after the Cubs with. No one can argue that. All of the Score hosts hold back and choose their words VERY carefully when they are critical of the Sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Quote:

No its not, for one, I never said Jones was at the level that Thome is, but we were talking about two left handed hitters and the stats against lefties say they both are weak. So if Murph is going to rampage against Jones day after day, then the fair thing to do is to say it when its true when it comes to one of the Sox players.

Quote:

I heard them, but they didnt go after them with the same venom that they went after the Cubs with. No one can argue that. All of the Score hosts hold back and choose their words VERY carefully when they are critical of the Sox.

Dan Bernstein all year stated that he did not have a good feeling about this team, and was critical each day concerning certain players.

Mike North said on several occasions that Ozzie Guillen had a bad year as the manager - how much clear could he be ?

The Cubs deserve more criticism than the Sox - they're a bad team going nowhere with a manager who said a lot of stupid things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
The Cubs deserve more criticism than the Sox - they're a bad team going nowhere with a manager who said a lot of stupid things.

The Sox were defending world champions and they are now a 3rd place team and you dont hear crap about that on the score and yes, Dusty said alot of stupid things, but I dont think he called anyone a burrito and once again, the score spent very little time on that subject.

Yea, Dan and North said somethings about the Sox, but like I said earlier, they always stopped before the hot phone from Jerry or Kenny would ring in Mitch's office.

Its a fact, the score is more of a homer station then wgn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:16 pm 

Neither Bernstein or North let up on the Sox the entire season, they lambasted them at every turn when warranted. I really don't know what shows you were listening to NWO....The only one at the Score that took the Cubs to task for their failures was Murph, and we already know what a sour puss that he is when it comes to all things Cubs.

Post subject: Singing the Cubbie Blues
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
nWo4Life wrote:
The Sox were defending world champions and they are now a 3rd place team and you dont hear crap about that on the score and yes, Dusty said alot of stupid things, but I dont think he called anyone a burrito and once again, the score spent very little time on that subject.

Yea, Dan and North said somethings about the Sox, but like I said earlier, they always stopped before the hot phone from Jerry or Kenny would ring in Mitch's office.

Its a fact, the score is more of a homer station then wgn.

nWo...I find it hard to believe that you really think the Sox deserve the same degree of criticism as the White Sox. For God's sake - The Cubs were 30 games below .500 & finished with the worst record in the NL. The Sox finished 18 games over .500 & were in the play-off race until the last 2 weeks of the season. Sure, as a Sox fan I was very disappointed in their weak finish...but to think their season was in any way on a par with the Cubs is absurd. Further, the success of last year does by them a little slack in my book (as opposed to 100+ years of futility on the North side).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
nWo...I find it hard to believe that you really think the Sox deserve the same degree of criticism as the White Sox. For God's sake - The Cubs were 30 games below .500 & finished with the worst record in the NL. The Sox finished 18 games over .500 & were in the play-off race until the last 2 weeks of the season. Sure, as a Sox fan I was very disappointed in their weak finish...but to think their season was in any way on a par with the Cubs is absurd. Further, the success of last year does by them a little slack in my book (as opposed to 100+ years of futility on the North side).

Ok, I didnt say the Sox deserve the same amount of criticism then the Cubs got, but when a defending world champion team goes from best to 3rd and the day after the are elimanted, people like Mulligan and Bernstein say they dont even want to talk about, its just unprofessional. My point is that they should have been more critical of the Sox, because while they were 18 games over 500, they played sub 500 ball in the 2nd half and they actually were only a few games better then the Cubs in the 2nd half, which if all things being fair, they should of got lit up a bit more then they did.

I understand the score is the flagship, but to totally avoid the discussion of a major disappointment like they were, its bull. Do you think if the Cubs won the world series last year and then slid to 3rd that they would let them off so easy? I would bet the house on it being no.

I am not a Sox hater, I like the cell more then Wrigley and I actually like some of the Sox players, I just think they get a pass from the Score and it shouldnt be that way. Spin it anyway you want, but the score is going easy on this team and they will continue to do so even if they become a last play team. I guarntee if the Cubs do well next year and the Sox fail, there will not be alot of Cub talk. If I am wrong, I will buy lunch for eveyone who posted on this subject.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:52 pm 

Quote:
I understand the score is the flagship, but to totally avoid the discussion of a major disappointment like they were, its bull. Do you think if the Cubs won the world series last year and then slid to 3rd that they would let them off so easy? I would bet the house on it being no.

The Sox won 90 games in baseball's toughest division. They were not a major disappointment. If the Cubs won the World Series last year they'd get a free ride in the Chicago sports media for the next 20 years. They basically do now and they're nothing short of a laughingstock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
The Sox won 90 games in baseball's toughest division. They were not a major disappointment. If the Cubs won the World Series last year they'd get a free ride in the Chicago sports media for the next 20 years. They basically do now and they're nothing short of a laughingstock.

Win a world series, finish third the next year= Major Disappointment. Winning 90 games didnt so a darn thing for them, which is what the boys on the score should be saying, instead all you really hear are excuses and dead air.

If the Cubs won the world series, the score would be waiting in the shadows to destroy them, most of them have said "the media, which they are, build up teams or players to tear them down". Unless of course, you are the Sox.

Look, I am not getting into this whole northside, southside things, anyone who listens to the station closely can hear the bias they have towards the Sox, which I understand to a point, they just cant deny they are a bunch of homers, because they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:59 am 

Quote:
Win a world series, finish third the next year= Major Disappointment. Winning 90 games didnt so a darn thing for them, which is what the boys on the score should be saying, instead all you really hear are excuses and dead air.

Actually, I thought B&B were over the top in their criticism of the Sox. On numerous occasions, Bernstein stated that if the Sox didn't win the World Series the season will have been a failure. Pretty high standards if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Your tag is lame.
So's your defense.
I guess you missed Northy's heated times with Coop?
How about the 3 million times Bernsie ripped Scotty Pods for his play?
As for Mariotti, you must have missed the air time he had with Mully and Brian. He was given the opportunity to rip the Sox and their management and also take a poke at WSCR.
As for your point about postseason Sox talk, there's a team called the Bears -- who are looking like a Super Bowl contender. That's why the talent wants to move on. The Sox sucking is old news -- the Bears going on a roll is fresh and worth talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Your tag is lame.
So's your defense.
I guess you missed Northy's heated times with Coop?
How about the 3 million times Bernsie ripped Scotty Pods for his play?
As for Mariotti, you must have missed the air time he had with Mully and Brian. He was given the opportunity to rip the Sox and their management and also take a poke at WSCR.
As for your point about postseason Sox talk, there's a team called the Bears -- who are looking like a Super Bowl contender. That's why the talent wants to move on. The Sox sucking is old news -- the Bears going on a roll is fresh and worth talking about.

First of all, insulting me is childish, if you want to argue, then fine, but supporting your side with lame and kiddy type insutls is stupid.

First of all, Norths "heated" Discussions with Cooper was more Cooper being thinned skinned and Cooper went crying to Mitch Rosen and Mike backed off, he would not have done that if it was a Cub player.

Boers and Dan ripping as you call it of the Soxs and Pods was soft when it comes to them. They will not go after someone on the Sox with the same heat that go after Cubs personal.

Yes, the bears are hot, but I feel the collapse the Sox had is deserving of more then a 2 minute spot every two hours. When they stopped talking Bears for awhile, they would go back to Cub bashing and I dont know why, kicking a team that was out of it in April? Its old news, the world champs becoming a 3rd place team should have been the 2nd subject after the Bears.

See how easy it is, deabte without insulting, you should try it some time. have a great day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm 

Here try this: You are a god damn genius nwo4life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Truth hurts I guess. By the ways Crumbs, I work in the Sears tower, come on down at noon tomorrow and say it to my face, but I doubt you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:17 pm 

I'd give you a fist sandwich biatch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:29 pm 

The demise of Baker, Prior, and Wood trumped a 90-win White Sox team coming off a World Series title in terms of negativity and does by a huge margin. Remember in Dusty We Trusty? Or Prior being the messiah, this generation's Tom Seaver? Or Kerry Wood's 20K game as a rookie, the next Nolan Ryan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

nWo4Life wrote:

Of course he wouldn't, he's too busy talking Cubs 24/7. Are you seriously arguing that Murpha is biased towards the Sox? :shock: Or is it that a team with one of the worst records in the league but highest payrolls shouldn't be ripped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:32 am 

It's just very hard for me to listen to someone who uses a very dated reference for a handle.
I loved it when the whole thing took place on Nitro. I also loved Kevin Nash's performance on "The Longest Yard" remake.
I don't see anyone on here with the handle, 'Where's the Beef', "Don't have a cow man' or 'Who let the Dogs out' -- all tired sayings.
As for the White Sox stuff. Did you hear the Kenny Williams interview the Monday after the season was over? Don't think Northy had the handcuffs on then. He asked if McCarthy would be stretched out for next season, and Kenny got ticked off. Northy also challenged Williams about the Pods situation. It sounded like he was being critical of the White Sox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:43 am 

It was somewhat implied that Kenny is not keeping Pods for next year. Northy tried to bring up other players -- which Williams defended -- that should also be let out under the "same criteria". I didn't agree with Northy's point but he was criticizing how Pods might be looked at one way and Uribe another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:47 am 

He questioned Kenny about allowing McCarthy to remain in the bullpen -- that;s where the joke didn't sit well with Williams. They also talked about Podsednik and Williams stated that he didn't really do the job this year. Northy shot back about Uribe, and he continued to fire when Williams tried stating why Juan was still valuable to the team. Mike always tries to challenge these guys, just to prove that he knows something. Usually he's wrong, but this isn't WGN lap-it-up radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Quote:
As for the White Sox stuff. Did you hear the Kenny Williams interview the Monday after the season was over? Don't think Northy had the handcuffs on then. He asked if McCarthy would be stretched out for next season, and Kenny got ticked off. Northy also challenged Williams about the Pods situation. It sounded like he was being critical of the White Sox.

How was this being critical? Did he tell Kenny that he did a bad job this year? Help me out?

Did he do a bad job? How KW did and Jacque Jones' stats are pretty dumb comparisons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:02 pm 

Mike also did a hard hitting interview with Pinella the other morning. And just like when Mike interviewed Coop, he went right at him, Mike never backed down from Coop, he never let Coop dictate the direction of the interview, Mike is great man, and so is Annie.