It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

To those of you in programming that received an e-mail from CBS Management pertaining to online indecency training its imperative that you complete this ASAP.
Thanks!
Mitch Rosen
WSCR 670 SCORE
Program Director
454 N. Columbus - 670
Chicago, Ill 60611
Fax: 312-245-6015
mitch.rosen@infinitybroadcasting.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm 

I'll give you this Nostro, you got some cajones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:58 am 
1000 CLUB

what have i got to lose? / fulltime producers with experience start at 19k / & partimers get $65 a shift no benefits / (not sure what "the great" jen-jen gets but north gives her more / buckman & his wgn rolodex made more but he finally got the boot) so Rock & I are at the bottom of the payscale / let 'em fire me! / until then I get even by posting their memos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
what have i got to lose? / fulltime producers with experience start at 19k / & partimers get $65 a shift no benefits / (not sure what "the great" jen-jen gets but north gives her more / buckman & his wgn rolodex made more but he finally got the boot) so Rock & I are at the bottom of the payscale / let 'em fire me! / until then I get even by posting their memos.

So Nostradamus, are you saying you are a producer? Maybe everyone else already figured that out. I actually thought you were someone that worked in the sales department or someone's assistant...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Punky - I give you half-truths / smoke screens / & outright lies to keep you guessing / just like jim croce sang before his plane crashed: "you don't pull the mask off the ole lone ranger."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Punky - I give you half-truths / smoke screens / & outright lies to keep you guessing / just like jim croce sang before his plane crashed: "you don't pull the mask off the ole lone ranger."

Yeah, that makes sense. I shouldn't have expected you to give yourself up that easily...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:06 pm 

Are you also telling me Buchman was fired and Mike North saying that Buch went on to other pursuits was a lie??????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:42 am 
1000 CLUB

In radio - and I guess in other fields - when you leave one job to go to another it says "Hey congratulations, Chad is going from WMVP to WSCR."
When you're fired, it says "Buchman's leaving to pursue other opportunities. We wish him well in his future endeavors."
For example, here we have Norths buddy Michael Damsky on the departure of WXRTs Bobby Skafish:
Michael Damsky, vice president and general manager of WXRT, said the moves will increase Frank E. Lee's visibility and provide the station with a "fresher perspective musically." He thanked Skafish for his contributions and wished him well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:08 am 

I always thought it was 'he has turned in his resignation"

Going to work on other things, might actually be going to work on other things?

so Nos, you can safely say Buch was fired?

Wonder if he is lurking ont he Boards? Where did he land? Anywhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Am I 100% sure Buck was fired? No, I am not, but I'm in the 90 percentile. Ergo, we have Buchman "leaving" a gig where you work 4 hours a day & get $80,000 a year! Here's Feder on it:
Pointing to more changes down the road, Steve Buchman has resigned as producer of Mike North's morning show at CBS Radio sports/talk WSCR-AM (670). He joined the Score from Tribune Co.- owned news/talk WGN-AM (720), where he produced Steve Cochran's midday show.
"My family and I have decided that we are at a point were I am ready to change my career path, and we have a few opportunities to do that now," Buchman said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
"ready to change his career path"
:lol:

yeah....like how i'd change mine if I won the lotto.
"i've decided to sit on my ass and play video games until my eyes bleed."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

nostradamus wrote:

Nos, love the posts, and as someone who recently got into radio, I'm oddly enough, learning from you. But do you just wanna get out of radio. If you get caught your shitcanned and out of a refrence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

as My Guy Ed McMann says: You are correct Sir!
(exclamation point provided courtesy of mitch rosen)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:06 am 

nostradamus wrote:
Am I 100% sure Buck was fired? No, I am not, but I'm in the 90 percentile. Ergo, we have Buchman "leaving" a gig where you work 4 hours a day & get $80,000 a year! Here's Feder on it:

I find that really interesting in light of the way Pappy presented Tranny's return from her cage. Pappy made a impassioned and lenghty statement about how you have to take care of family and that he considered the people on the show to be family. On the other hand he buried the knife deep into Jigg's back without ever looking back, and those two were supposedly close as well.