It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holmes Sunday Bears Show
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:22 am 
1000 CLUB

I turn it on 10 minutes after 10:00 AM, and he's playing his week in review press confernces, this one with Ron Turner.

Holmes - people, especially ones who listen to this station, read the papers, and have heard Ron Turner and the Cedric Benson stuff about 10 times by now. There is no need to waste your 25 minutes of interrupted sports radio talk with interviews from Wednesday that everyone has heard already several times, either in discussions on your station, or in the papers.

Take calls, break down the game - I think you are pretty good at breaking down the games, and stop playing those press conferences. This isn't the Bears Week IN Review, it's supposed to be a Bears preview show for the game TODAY!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:31 am 
1000 CLUB

And...after the 10:30 update, we're going to find out what John Gilmore does 24 hours before a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
He does the same thing on NFL Live. For whatever reason he feels everyone needs to hear the same interviews 5 times

Nas, I think I do recall that...I think he feels he's educating Bears fan on what happens during the week, make you feel you you're actually there kind of thing.

It doesn't work.

I'd rather hear dumb calls then press conference clips for the 10th time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:39 am 
1000 CLUB

BD, great post, I think the same thing every week. Most of those clips they play during the week anyway on the updates. Their is really no break down of the upcoming game, I really dont think I heard Larry say 49ers yesterday, I've been listeneing to my 3 Bears since i dont get 1000 up here, their pretty good, Hamptons a bit of a dummy but Koz is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:02 am 

I have been spending a lot of time in the car on Sunday mornings lately. I am beginning to despise Hampton. He is an unlikeable version of Uncle Fuzzy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:08 am 
1000 CLUB

I always give Holmes a shot every Sunday with the hope that maybe this show will be different that last week's, but he's just hung up on replaying interviews from the week.....

So, I've actually found Chet to be pretty good, and WGN I always find to be a good listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:54 pm 

Nas wrote:
He does the same thing on NFL Live. For whatever reason he feels everyone needs to hear the same interviews 5 times

"I had a really good interview with Thomas Jones recently [ed: two weeks ago] and you guys are really going to like it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

"I had an interesting conversation with Cedric Benson this week, you know, he's a strange guy, in a good way. Anyway, it's so brilliant, I'm gonna play it twice."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The only thing interesting about the conversation was that it seemingly revealed how dumb Benson is. Now I actually can believe he lacks the intellectual capacity to be an adequate pass blocker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:58 am 
1000 CLUB

Holmes really confuses me...He seems like a thoughful guy who wants to share his opinion, and share his Bears analysis with - you'd think with a 3 hour show leading up to the Bears game that he'd do that.

Instead, it's almost the opposite in that he'd rather show the audience what a thoughtful interview he directs, and how he asks the questions that you at home wonder about, but don't know, and he's there to give you that information in the form of interviews from Wednesday.

I know I'm thinking too much here, but please just talk Bears - no more breaking down the week of press conferences, or replaying what Benson thinks about anything. Focus on the matchups that day. For the love of God!

Last edited by BD on Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Holmes really confuses me...He seems like a thoughful guy who wants to share his opinion, and share his Bears analysis with - you'd think with a 3 hour show leading up to the Bears game that he'd do that.

Instead, it's almost the opposite in that he'd rather show the audience what a thoughtful interview he directs, and how he asks the questions that you at home wonder about, but don't know, and he's there to give you that information in the form of interviews from Wednesday.

I know I'm thinking too much here, but please just talk Bears - no more breaking down the week of press conferences, or replaying what Benson thinks about anything. Focus on the matchups that day. For the love of God!

I dont get it either, this is a huge oppurtunity for Laurence, so he's not phoning it in. Either management wants it to be audio clip intensive or Larry thinks thats what fans want to hear, but it's not. He always says, were gonna tell you wahts going on this week, whats really happening at halas Hall, what the players are really thinking. But the problem is, they arent telling you shit, they dont tell you what their really thinking they just say the same cliches and boring company line bs every other NFL player says. If he was out getting wasted with the guys, running tape when they were talking about who was fucking who's wife, what drugs their on and talking mass shit about the other team, yeah, that would be great. The only good tape I can think of the past couple weeks from any Bears player, was Harris after the game saying the players weren't focused, and Lovie was doing damage control yesterday, as expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:50 pm 

Let's start a list of what the players are really thinking:

Urlacher- "It has been several weeks since I impregnated someone. Tell my peeps to give Paris a call."

Briggs- this season has shown that the only way I will get Urlacher money is if I shack up with that nutty woman who had his child...and I ain't gettin sloppy thirds from Michael Flatly AND Urlacher"

Alex Brown- "I wish that fucker Tallest Midget would just admit that I am a good defensive end"

Hillenmeyer- "Bush is doing such a good job I wish he would declare himself president for life"

Hester- "............"

Gage- "maybe if I mention that I played basketball in college no one will realize that we are playing football"

Tait- "Do these magic underwear make my ass look fat?"

Gould- "I wish Edinger was still around so I would not be the oddest looking guy on the team".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
Alex Brown- "I wish that fucker Tallest Midget would just admit that I am a good defensive end"

:lol: :lol:

Benson-"Reading that How to Be A Good Teammate book co-authored by Terrell Owens and David Terrell is really starting to pay off."

Robbie Gould-"I don't know why the guys are always giving me undie-grundies....They make it really hard for me to bake my 'Victory Monday Brownies' for them."

Kyle Orton-"Somebody stop the sky from spinning."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Texas education

Oxymoron of the day.