It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a few questions..
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
maybe a few of you wouldn't mind taking the time to answer...

1 - WHY is Murph hated so much by people on his station? Personally I can't stand him...I think his show is mainly hot air. Just awful.

2 - Exactly WHY is Mike North considered so good? Why is he considered to be the "major player" at the Score...again, his show is mainly hot air...

3 - What does Fred Huebner bring to the table? Why has he been around for so long. He is easily the most boring of the hosts...and I have found his opinions to be based on prior prejudices and ignorance.

4 - Why would the Score have ever let go of Dan McNeil? I have to admit I kind of like listening to the guy...especially a couple of weeks ago when he went into a semi-rant after a guy called and told him he has a job anyone would want and Dan basically said, well, anybody could HAVE it too, if one worked his way up to it like he did. I really respected that.

Post subject: Re: a few questions..
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:36 am 

Quote:
maybe a few of you wouldn't mind taking the time to answer...

1 - WHY is Murph hated so much by people on his station? Personally I can't stand him...I think his show is mainly hot air. Just awful.

2 - Exactly WHY is Mike North considered so good? Why is he considered to be the "major player" at the Score...again, his show is mainly hot air...

3 - What does Fred Huebner bring to the table? Why has he been around for so long. He is easily the most boring of the hosts...and I have found his opinions to be based on prior prejudices and ignorance.

4 - Why would the Score have ever let go of Dan McNeil? I have to admit I kind of like listening to the guy...especially a couple of weeks ago when he went into a semi-rant after a guy called and told him he has a job anyone would want and Dan basically said, well, anybody could HAVE it too, if one worked his way up to it like he did. I really respected that.

1) He's a Cub fan at a Whitesox station. He's old school sports talk radio. Some like him, most have moved on to the new millennium.

2) Mike is another old school host. He was most popular when he was considered "one of the guys". When you sign a multi-million dollar contract, you lose that label. Without that link to the common fan, Mike becomes arrogant, distant and unpopular. He doesn't have the raw talent to make up for his shortcomings.

3) Fred was best when paired with ANYONE but Mike North. He sounds alot better when Mike is on vacation. I enjoyed his morning show with Murph. Mike needs to lose the ego and let Fred disagree sometimes.

4) Mac should be able to answer why they let him go. (Mac you want to handle this one?)
I don't like his afternoon format or his style, but I do respect him for coming on the boards and trying to connect with the fans. A little more sports talk and alot less bar talk would pull me back over to the "dark side" 1000MVP.

Hope that helped answer your questions. Everyone like and dislikes different things. I think the key to sports talk radio, is to find what you do best and hope the audience recognizes your talent(s).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
1. Murph has the best show on the score. The only time I listen to the station is from 12-2. Im thinkin others at the score are jealous of the great show he puts on day after day.

2. North is good with a partner, but as far as going it alone he is brutal. Fred and Annie dont count as partners. Annie is just dumb and Fred is pretty ignorant.

3. See above

4. Danny Mac had his issues in his last days at the Score. Thankfully his show is on opposite those 2 goofs on WSCR during the afternoon. Mac and his crew actually talk sports. They dont try to show how much smarter they are than there listeners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
1. Murph has the best show on the score. The only time I listen to the station is from 12-2. Im thinkin others at the score are jealous of the great show he puts on day after day.

:shock: :shock:
:cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

Be nice to Murph supporters. He only has a few dozen of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Quote:

Don't patronize me, pal. I resemble that remark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:50 pm 

Quote:

I'm not patronizing you. I am one of the few dozen. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I am one of the few dozen. :D

That makes three or four of us then Juiced, on the board anyway. Murph has plenty of listeners, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I am one of the few dozen. :D

That makes three or four of us then Juiced, on the board anyway. Murph has plenty of listeners, however.

I was referring to the fans on the board. Seems like every post about Murph is negative. Too many Sox fans lurking around. If I have to listen to knuckle head North talk about his beloved Whitesox, then it's only fair I get 2 measly hours of Cubs talk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Murph's biggest crime is being a Cubs fan, as mentioned. Everyone that hates the guy, including Boers and Mulligan, are Sox fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:11 am 

My hatred for Murph has absolutely nothing to do with him being a Cubs fan and not a Sox fan; my hatred for Murph is due to the fact that he is a notorious ass hat to co-workers, producers, his style of radio is made for the 50's, his bits suck, his drops suck he drills arbitrary subjects into the ground and he's an overly-sensitive POS (TM by Murph's a tool).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:53 am 

The only baseball he knows is '69 Cubs baseball, which everyone should have ceased giving a shit about in the 70's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:40 am 

He has the second-best weekday show behind Boers & Bernstein, in my opinion. Mike North is awful, and Mully & Hanley are too rough around the edges as radio guys, and they can be sort of vanilla. I don't think Murph is as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Crumbs Krause wrote:
My hatred for Murph has absolutely nothing to do with him being a Cubs fan and not a Sox fan; my hatred for Murph is due to the fact that he is a notorious ass hat to co-workers, producers, his style of radio is made for the 50's, his bits suck, his drops suck he drills arbitrary subjects into the ground and he's an overly-sensitive POS (TM by Murph's a tool).

Crumbs, this was perfect. I love how everyone that hates Murph is accused of having an agenda. I am a Cubs fan and he still drives me nuts. Arrrrrrr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:50 am 

Sox man, Murph fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Quote:

Because by all accounts, he's a miserable douchebag who hasn't earned the right to be. Murph's show is the equivalent of listening to music on vinyl or watching movies with 8mm film projectors.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:27 pm 

Crumbs Krause wrote:

Ding! We have a winner! I cannot believe so many people think he's so unpopular because he's a Sox fan....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:58 pm 

I like Murph, because as a Cubs fan, I need Cubs talk that isn't coming from the Tribune Tower's department of misinformation. Whoever did Cubs postgame on weekends this summer was the worst with this. Nothing was ever wrong, Dusty should not be fired, so on, so forth. Jim Memolo, I think? It was awful radio. Just some real Baghdad Bob shit. There needs to be a show that addresses the Cubs from a fan's standpoint, not a nothing-is-wrong attitude from WGN, nor Sox fans taking pleasure in Cub suffering like Boers & Bernstein.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:38 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Curious Hair wrote:
I like Murph, because as a Cubs fan, I need Cubs talk that isn't coming from the Tribune Tower's department of misinformation. Whoever did Cubs postgame on weekends this summer was the worst with this. Nothing was ever wrong, Dusty should not be fired, so on, so forth. Jim Memolo, I think? It was awful radio. Just some real Baghdad Bob shit. There needs to be a show that addresses the Cubs from a fan's standpoint, not a nothing-is-wrong attitude from WGN, nor Sox fans taking pleasure in Cub suffering like Boers & Bernstein.

Personally, I like the bits. They reinforce the notion that none of this really matters -- it's just sportstalk. The one thing that is wrong is the high-horsedness (?) taken by other hosts, the sturm und drang morality plays that guys like B&b are pushing rather heavily of late.

The Baum/Okun Saturday morning show goes down the same path, to the point of calling it the sports babble show. And that's all it is; none of us are going to die if Grossman has another bad game...

And as for whether any of these guys are POS off-mic, unless you work in the biz or otherwise deal with them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

That has always been my take to, Beebo. I you didn't like all of the entertainers that were asswipes to underlings, then you would like very few. Actors, musicians and radio hosts can be asswipes. I don't care as long as I am entertained. I may change my mind of I ever had any dealings with them, but I would not walk across the street to meet most of them. Just entertain me on the radio or the screen, that's all.
Most of the vitriolic Murph hate, on this board, comes from current or former radio guys. I disregard those with personal agendas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:45 pm 

Murph is horrible, end of discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:52 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, me too. Oh, and I like Jesse a lot as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:03 pm 

[/quote]Be nice to Murph supporters. He only has a few dozen of them.[/quote]

I think the ratings say otherwise, my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
Remember there a lot of people out there sipping the Cubbie Kool-Aid.