It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:43 pm 

I liked Murph in the Morning...and I am a Cubs fan so I tend to listen to Murph when I can...

OK...with that...I have noticed more & more lately that Murph's "interviews" are TERRIBLE !!! Today with Hendry Murph "talked" about 80% of the entire time. He was all over the board...rambled on & on and it took him several minutes to even get to a question. You could hear Hendry trying to jump in just to get a word in edge-wise.

Maybe because he only has 2 hours and is trying to do everything so quickly...but from a listener standpoint he has become nothing more than a stuttering, rambling idoit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
A few weeks ago he was interviewing John McDonough (sp?) and I swear he must have spent at least 5 minutes building up his new nickname for the Cubs season, based on some line from Field of Dreams. It was ridiculous, you could tell McDonough just wanted it to end.

I mean, you get an interview with some top brass and instead of asking questions you spend time telling a boring story about how you made up some nickname?

To that end I'll give Boers and Bernstien (esp Bernstein) credit- during interviews I think they usually ask pretty good questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:00 pm 

I heard that one as well and thought the same as you. What a waste of his (JM) time and ours as listeners. I think he just likes to hear himself talk and can not "filter" out all his inane thoughts to generate a legitimate question. B & B are good...they can also take a bad interview and make it really bad (on purpose). In other words...if they have an idiot they are interviewing...I think they do their best to really make them look bad. It usually works.

Murph needs to slow down and shut up more !!!