It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DiCaro
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
She gives good radio! simple, she does a good job, flows well with Finfer. Yes, I would put them into a show and let it be.

And Peoria Matt now texting into THE GAME!

Post subject: Re: DiCaro
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
BF, it sounds like maybe you should start a new message board!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:29 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
BF, it sounds like maybe you should start a new message board!

The DiCaro fans.com?

I do assume in time I will be expanding THE GAME section.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:
She gives good radio! simple, she does a good job, flows well with Finfer. Yes, I would put them into a show and let it be.

I've been listening all week. Kaplan and Haugh would be OK if Kaplan wasn't on the show. Finfer and Quigley are a good listen. Nobody telling you how to correctly be a sports fan. Or how you should think on a certain subject.

Agreed on DiCaro. I still think that Goff might be the third guy on the Finfer/Quigley show.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:23 pm 

Finfer, Dicaro, Goff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
bigfan wrote:

Finfer was so happy to hear from Matt. Hmmm we were listening, who else is migrating? See ya 670 have fun with the angry troll and the long snapper.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:16 pm 

I'll be listening to Spiegs and Mannelly.

I just can't stomach Kaplan. Today it was him telling Glen Kozlowski "We'll be playing golf this week. See you on the course, Buddy". That kind of shit makes me sick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I'll be listening to Spiegs and Mannelly.

I just can't stomach Kaplan. Today it was him telling Glen Kozlowski "We'll be playing golf this week. See you on the course, Buddy". That kind of shit makes me sick.

Kaplan running out of Buddy, smokies, whats going on big guy, how ya doing Guy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Does anyone know the music that they use for the updates? I keep thinking it's a Kool G Rap song, but I cannot find it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:38 pm 

This chick, a member of the Bernstein ALS who famously tweeted out something like "I hope Dan Bernstein renews my faith in sports talk" a few hours before Bernsie tweeted out about Aiyana's boobs, is now on The Score Roster.

Quote:
670 The Score @670TheScore · 33m 33 minutes ago
We welcome @JulieDiCaro on as a writer, and she has 5 #Cubs storylines to follow that don't involve Kris Bryant: http://cbsloc.al/1CbaNrI

I guess because she didn't go in on Bernstein like the other women did, Zimmerman rewarded her with a job. Bernstein win again. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Julie DiCaro wrote:

My Astoundingly Typical Rape

My rape was astoundingly typical.

I wasn't forced into an alley or attacked by a stranger in my home. I wasn't beaten up, I wasn't threatened, I didn't get pregnant as a result.

My rape was like most rapes: I was in college. I was drunk. I left a spring break "foam party" with an army officer who was also in Cancun on spring break. We went to the beach. Things started getting out of hand. I said "stop." Repeatedly. He didn't. I remember quietly saying "help" as two guys ran by, laughing, and took a picture.

That was it. When it was over, I called him a "drunken ass" and went back to my hotel. He went back to his. I didn't tell anyone. I didn't tell my best friend, or the girls I was traveling with. I certainly didn't tell my brother, who was staying in the same hotel. The next day, I went on with spring break as if nothing happened.

At the time, keeping my rape a secret seemed like such a no-brainer. What was I doing to tell the police? That I got drunk and left a party with a guy I didn't know? What would they think of me? Would they even prosecute a case that like? What would I tell my parents? I certainly hadn't behaved in the manner befitting a good girl, a college honors student, from a small Midwestern town. No, I would undoubtedly be told that I was responsible for what had happened to me. The police would laugh at me, or worse, not believe me. Better just to keep quiet. In fact, most of my friends are probably surprised that they're hearing of this for the first time.

I moved on with my life. I went back to school. I applied to law school. I went on to become a public defender and spent time defending people who were accused of crimes -- often men who were accused of rape. So you see, it's not that my judgment was so skewed by my own experience that I couldn't be objective. Or that I wasn't willing to ensure rapists got a fair trial, even if I believed them guilty.

My rape didn't ruin my life. It didn't hollow me out like it does so many women. In that regard, I was lucky. I was full of rage, but I got over it. Eventually.

Given that I'm no shrinking violet, those who now know about my rape are surprised that I didn't stand up for myself, that I didn't scream bloody murder from the rooftops until the guy was behind bars. The only explanation I have is that I was one girl. One very young girl -- and my immediate assumption was that I would be "up against" several adult men. It never occurred to me that I might tell them my story and they would believe me. From the beginning, my assumption was that they would side with my rapist, and it would be my job to convince them otherwise. I suppose I believed this based on everything I'd heard men say about women and "date rape" during my formative years.

Many of us, male and female alike, were appalled, though not shocked, by the news that Florida State Quarterback Jameis Winston would not be charged with sexual assault, despite the fact that the prosecutor seemed to believe that a crime occurred. Throughout the press conference, he referred to the accuser as "the victim," and was clear that he felt he couldn't get a conviction, not that he was convinced a crime had not taken place.

Which brings me to my point. Having spent many years in criminal court, I'm familiar with prosecutors' love and adoration for their conviction rate. Many prosecutors won't take a case to trial unless it's a slam dunk winner. Sadly, real life is not CSI, and slam dunk cases with rock solid evidence don't exist much of the time. In those cases, if the prosecution believes a crime took place, they are supposed to do advocate for the victim, let the victim tell her story, and let the jury decide who is telling the truth. It is NOT their job to only take cases to trial where they look like superstar prosecutors so they can get re-elected.

It seems every time we have a case where a woman accuses a high profile athlete of rape, we get the inevitable we "we just couldn't prove it" press conference. Where are the prosecutors who say "I believe my witness, we're moving forward, and we'll let the jury decide Let the chips fall where they may"? THAT's what prosecutors are supposed to do. Seek justice. Not just win cases. Newsflash: Many woman get raped when they're drinking. Many rape victims are not virgins walking home from church. Some of us foolishly put ourselves in situations that we should not have. But the penalty for stupidity is not rape.

I don't know what happened between Jameis Winston and his accuser. I do know that, after a woman is raped, the prospect of a police interrogation and cross-examination second-guessing your behavior is paralyzing frightening. So frightening in fact, that many of us choose to keep quiet. And I know that every time we see one of these "we can't prove it" press conferences, it confirms what many of us believe: That unless there are severe injuries and/or witnesses to your rape, you might as well not even bother reporting it.

Julie DiCaro is a recovering attorney who writes about sports and helps bloggers reach a wider audience. She founded the Aerys Sports Network, a sports blog network entirely written by women, in 2011.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Remo Williams ‏@SunSource66 4m4 minutes ago
@670TheScore @JulieDiCaro How big is your rack Julie? Will Bernstein have a rooting interest in your work if they aren't huge? #sellout

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:52 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
@670TheScore @JulieDiCaro How big is your rack Julie? Will Bernstein have a rooting interest in your work if they aren't huge? #sellout

:shock: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:58 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Oh my.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:02 pm 

Quote:
Remo Williams @SunSource66 · 5m 5 minutes ago
@furso27 @GeekGirlChicago @670TheScore @JulieDiCaro Ok cool.I take it they'll just leave her pay in cash on the nightstand before she leaves

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
¡Señorita Columnist!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Pretty good column!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm 

She's a lawyer. No wonder the Dan Bernstein jobs program (befitting his neoliberalism, they're shitty jobs, but you should be thankful you even have one) that is 670thescore.com picked her up from the wreckage of The Game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
She's a lawyer. No wonder the Dan Bernstein jobs program (befitting his neoliberalism, they're shitty jobs, but you should be thankful you even have one) that is 670thescore.com picked her up from the wreckage of The Game.

Guess Tilted Kilt wasn't hiring.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:38 pm 

For whatever it's worth, her column is better than Baffoe apologizing for something he didn't do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:45 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Guess Tilted Kilt wasn't hiring.

:lol: :lol: you're literally on fire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is kind of interesting. This is Mitch's and Zim's response to the Bernstein crisis.

Mitch: Let's not say anything about it. LET'S JUST QUICKLY HIRE A WOMEN. Then they'll be off are asses and we will be forgiven.

Zim: Fine. Get a fuckin' women to write for our dumb website to go with the other dumb ass writers that nobody reads. Get her on the cheap. So it has to be somebody desperate. $50 per column. Try to get a hottie so we have some more eye candy around here. Kerry isn't enough.

Mitch: Got it. Done. Baffoe gets $50 per column. Shouldn't we give this new girl $55 to prove that we love women more?

Zim: Good idea. Leak that to the media so they know.

Mitch: While we're at it, should we hire a black writer? We don't have one.

Zim: Let's not go crazy. Goff just got middays. We're safe there for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Used to follow her on Twitter, but couldn't stand her.

@Beardown, for once, your crazy theory might not be all that crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

She actually posted that Bernstein tweet in her timeline and publically responded to it.

https://twitter.com/juliedicaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Who is Remo Williams? One of you guys?

https://twitter.com/sunsource66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:16 pm 

It's obviously badrogue17. Do you have him on ignore, or do you just not read any posts that aren't directly addressed to you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
It's obviously badrogue17. Do you have him on ignore, or do you just not read any posts that aren't directly addressed to you?

Me? No. Nobody is on ignore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:00 pm 

Beardown wrote:
She actually posted that Bernstein tweet in her timeline and publically responded to it.

https://twitter.com/juliedicaro

She is now part of the SCORE family so she can talk to him directly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:05 pm 

:lol: She and her friends are ripping on badrogue.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:12 pm 

Brogue has made it.