It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
"I guess I would. I'm only fourteen!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
:lol: Heard that

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
power went out today and downed the show. When they came back hilarity ensued. Really funny show today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
City of Fools wrote:
power went out today and downed the show. When they came back hilarity ensued. Really funny show today.

Gino did some very good investigative reporting on the flood that knocked out the station. I was worried a bit that they shut the show down intentionally when I flipped it on this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:05 am 

City of Fools wrote:

The Manson stuff was great. "Remember our wedding night when I gave you a handy?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:49 pm 

very funny show today with Gilbert Gottfried. He drops a bullsh*t and doesn't get dropped. Pretty sure there was an f-bomb in there too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:06 pm 

I almost drove off the road when he was asking Buzz about Spanish Fly yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:18 pm 

his show is the only thing listenable on the entire station. Hoping he goes somewhere else soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm 

inneresting:

LOOKEE HERE NOW! We’ll discuss this all tomorrow – live 6-9 AM CT on The Game Chicago 87.7 FM, The Jonathon Brandmeier Channel 24/7 on TuneIn, or download the podcast later at http://brandmeiershow.com/.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
Good show. I also hope they end up elsewhere in this market.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:53 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Loop would be wise to bring him back. They seem to want to do personality-based radio, it's just that Maxwell was a puddle of wet shit. Between Steve Downes and Lin Brehmer, music-first classic rock in morning drive is spoken for. Brandmeier at the Loop would be the best fit.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:54 am 

i listen to the show when ESPN is on breaks, or if the inneresting meter is high...but it really sucks that he'll have to start over again somewhere else.

where else can they put him?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:00 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Well, I just started a thread about CHIRP coming to 107.1 at some point in the next year. Haha.

I can't think of many other stations where he could go. But think about Dahl on WLS and the whole business model of Cumulus assisting with/investing in some new-media entrepreneurship in exchange for cheap over-the-air programming. Cumulus owns 97.9 now, so if the bean-counters are happy with how Dahl is working out at 890, they can do the same for Brandmeier at the Loop, which kind of needs a jolt lately.

Or maybe Brandmeier is almost 60 years old and hasn't been a major presence in Chicago radio since 1997 and this is the end of the line. Maybe that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 am 

Good interview with William H Macy this morning

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I'm quite certain they just let Mr. MovieMan's cellphone number out over the stream in its entirety .... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:43 am 

if the FCC doesn't visit soon, I'll be surprised. They let ANYTHING out over the air on that show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
I'm quite certain they just let Mr. MovieMan's cellphone number out over the stream in its entirety .... :lol:

I heard that as well :lol: Apparently he's done that to one of his brothers (Jeffy?) on multiple occasions as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I heard that as well :lol: Apparently he's done that to one of his brothers (Jeffy?) on multiple occasions as well.

that is true.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 am 

at the start of the show, Johnny said he'd be on today. vacation next week. didn't know what would happen after that. hinted he may go podcast route.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:34 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
at the start of the show, Johnny said he'd be on today. vacation next week. didn't know what would happen after that. hinted he may go podcast route.

At the end of the show, he said they will be back on the air December 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:36 am 

verrrry inneresting. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am 

City of Fools wrote:
if the FCC doesn't visit soon, I'll be surprised. They let ANYTHING out over the air on that show.

They played a clip of William H Macy from the show Shameless when he was on this morning, and a "Mother Fucker" made it in. They bleeped another F word in the clip, so not sure how they missed that one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Call I just got ...

"Hi, <cough>, this is <cough> <cough> oh <cough> Hi this <cough> I'll have to call you back <cough>"

I just got to play the "are you choking" game irl. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

They played a clip of William H Macy from the show Shameless when he was on this morning, and a "Mother Fucker" made it in. They bleeped another F word in the clip, so not sure how they missed that one.

:lol: i heard that. i just said to myself...man they just really don't give a fuck anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:51 am 

I hope Brandmeier survives in some format one way or another. I would actually consider paying money for a podcast of some sort. I don't get why people don't listen to him anymore other than the frequency he is stuck on. All of this WGN experimentation is stupid. They know what they have and where they are going to go.

I hope Brandmeier survives in some format one way or another. I would actually consider paying money for a podcast of some sort. I don't get why people don't listen to him anymore other than the frequency he is stuck on. All of this WGN experimentation is stupid. They know what they have and where they are going to go.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 am 
1000 CLUB

newper wrote:
newper wrote:
newper wrote:
newper wrote:

Drinky, really a Brandmeier fan, or did you have a stroke?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:47 pm 

Looks like some bad Tampermonkey scripting going on -- I wrote something that would auto log me in because this thing sets it to log out so fast. But I am a big Brandmeier fan too! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next