It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
jason88cubs wrote:
https://twitter.com/PeabodyAwards/status/920365043996352513

even peabody awards wont show julie

Interesting how Sarah Spain's voice doesn't sound like she smokes three cartons of Marlboro's a day in that clip.

Probably toned down the drinking as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:45 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Only when there's a full moon does Sarah turn into Scott Ferrall.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: pizza hut
What Julie and these idiots dont realize is they are giving Barstool free advertisement everytime they talk about it

Last edited by jason88cubs on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am 

jason88cubs wrote:
What Julie and these idiots dont realize is they are giving Barstool free advertisement
Um.....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 am 

Or when Big Cat was rumored to do the 7th inning stretch and people started crying saying "theo didn't care about women" and then when Big Cat was just in the booth and didn't sing, those same people thought " our voices were heard"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
Only when there's a full moon does Sarah turn into Scott Ferrall.

:lol: :lol:

*canned drink pouring drop*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:14 pm 

Julie DiCaro‏Verified account @JulieDiCaro 4h4 hours ago

I would like a study of the effect of Trump's tweets on the collective mental health of Americans.

--of course the lazy fat Caller Bob wants someone else to do it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm 

Holy shit you all

gonna post a lot of shit but you all need to read this for a good laugh

Feminist Porg Queen‏ @missykaybm 4h4 hours ago

I had an early appt this morning & the Lyft driver who arrived did not match the info in the app. I declined to get in. He yelled at me
It was a little before 7, still dark outside. I’m standing on my street alone. He waves at me, I approach the car & show him my screen.
I tell him his car isn’t the one shown in the app & the plates don’t match. He says he forgot to switch his account.
He shows me his screen & it does say my name. I tell him I’m sorry, I’m just not comfortable.
A car has pulled up behind him so he pulls forward & to the side, saying he’ll switch accounts so he can take me “if that will satisfy me.”
I wait for a second, uncertain, then approach his car again & say I’m sorry, I’m cancelling the ride, I’m just not comfortable.
He waves his phone in my face, telling me he only has to tap a button & then I can get in. I apologize again & decline.
He yells at me for wasting his time & calls me a dumbass.
I go back inside my house & cry, feeling ashamed & afraid. I feel bad for wasting his time.
My initial response, feeling guilty for canceling a ride that clearly did not meet appropriate standards: fucked up.
Feeling ashamed for “wasting his time” after he yelled at me: super fucked up.
And I think I can confidently say that I am not a shrinking violet. I’m assertive. I will not be pushed around. And yet.
This dude, this total stranger I interacted with for maybe 3mins, completely took me apart. I felt scared. And I felt embarrassed of that.
And the reason I felt that way is b/c as a woman, I’ve been conditioned to be accommodating.
After I went back inside I got nervous that he might have seen me & return to my house.
And I know I’ll be keeping my blinds drawn & all the locks turned on my doors. I’m extra grateful for my dogs.
I’m so angry about this. That this small interaction has tainted my entire day.
My point here is that this is one of the many millions of interactions women experience through their lives that teach us we are not safe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
jason88cubs wrote:
Julie DiCaro‏Verified account @JulieDiCaro 4h4 hours ago

I would like a study of the effect of Trump's tweets on the collective mental health of Americans.

--of course the lazy fat Caller Bob wants someone else to do it

I don't like Trump either, but if you are letting Trump's tweets affect your mental health, that says more about you than it does Trump. And couldn't the same be said for Julie's tweets?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
jason88cubs wrote:
Holy shit you all

I had an early appt this morning & the Lyft driver who arrived did not match the info in the app. I declined to get in. He yelled at me
It was a little before 7, still dark outside. I’m standing on my street alone. He waves at me, I approach the car & show him my screen.
I tell him his car isn’t the one shown in the app & the plates don’t match. He says he forgot to switch his account.
He shows me his screen & it does say my name. I tell him I’m sorry, I’m just not comfortable.
A car has pulled up behind him so he pulls forward & to the side, saying he’ll switch accounts so he can take me “if that will satisfy me.”
I wait for a second, uncertain, then approach his car again & say I’m sorry, I’m cancelling the ride, I’m just not comfortable.
He waves his phone in my face, telling me he only has to tap a button & then I can get in. I apologize again & decline.
I go back inside my house & cry, feeling ashamed & afraid. I feel bad for wasting his time.
My initial response, feeling guilty for canceling a ride that clearly did not meet appropriate standards: fucked up.
And I think I can confidently say that I am not a shrinking violet. I’m assertive. I will not be pushed around. And yet.
This dude, this total stranger I interacted with for maybe 3mins, completely took me apart. I felt scared. And I felt embarrassed of that.
And the reason I felt that way is b/c as a woman, I’ve been conditioned to be accommodating.
After I went back inside I got nervous that he might have seen me & return to my house.
And I know I’ll be keeping my blinds drawn & all the locks turned on my doors. I’m extra grateful for my dogs.
My point here is that this is one of the many millions of interactions women experience through their lives that teach us we are not safe.

She doesn't sound like much of a feminist to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
jason88cubs wrote:
Holy shit you all

She doesn't sound like much of a feminist to me.

I am woman. Men, come save me.

SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Reading the responses, I guess the exchange qualifies as a #metoo event. Doesn’t that belittle actual harassment/assault? How many of us haven’t gotten into an argument with a cabby?

I occasionally bounce some of these off my lady. She just rolls her eyes.

Last edited by redskingreg on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Twitter changing its policy to get rid of trolls, but it doesn't affect Julie cause they are only going after people who share nude photos without permission and people who sexually harass other users. Still no protection for people who call you fat or tell you how much you suck at your job and life so JDC is SOL.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Reading the responses, I guess the exchange qualifies as a #metoo event. Doesn’t that belittle actual harassment/assault? How many of us haven’t gotten into an argument with a cabby?

I occasionally bounce some of these off my lady. She just rolls her eyes.
Patrick Kane wrote:
#metoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
jason88cubs wrote:
Holy shit you all

I don't think that going home, crying, drawing the blinds, and locking all your doors is a sane reaction to this situation, let alone the reaction of an assertive person who will not be pushed around.

redskingreg wrote:
Reading the responses, I guess the exchange qualifies as a #metoo event. Doesn’t that belittle actual harassment/assault?

It certainly does and will not help when it comes to changing the minds of people who think women are often overreacting about legitimate instances of harassment or assault.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
The entire #MeToo hashtag is honestly awful. Conflating sexual assault (very serious crime) with sexual harrassment (which has varying degrees and some women consider harmless flirting to be this) is a stupid idea.

There are some real horror stories under the hashtag which deserve to be amplified (McKayla Maroney's recently posted story) and then there is crap like this woman complaining about an Lyft driver who was just pissed about losing a fare because he was careless with the app.

Also in regards to flirting, I wonder how many of the "men should never flirt" women watched The Office and just wished a guy would flirt with them as Jim did with Pam.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
She will not be pushed around?
Dude she missed her appointment. Because of a weirdo lyft driver. Of course he's a weirdo. HE'S A LYFT DRIVER

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:09 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Do you want to make women have nervous breakdowns and post about them online? DRIVE WITH LYFT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The entire #MeToo hashtag is honestly awful. Conflating sexual assault (very serious crime) with sexual harrassment (which has varying degrees and some women consider harmless flirting to be this) is a stupid idea.

There are some real horror stories under the hashtag which deserve to be amplified (McKayla Maroney's recently posted story) and then there is crap like this woman complaining about an Lyft driver who was just pissed about losing a fare because he was careless with the app.

Also in regards to flirting, I wonder how many of the "men should never flirt" women watched The Office and just wished a guy would flirt with them as Jim did with Pam.

That's exactly right. Someone said it earlier, but if good looking guys were to flirt with women at the office, I am guessing they wouldn't have as much of an issue. When fat slobs like Weinstein do it, then it's all #metoo. Using The Office again as an example. Jim, good looking tall, thin guy - ok. Kevin Malone - fat, balding weirdo - not ok.

I'm not downplaying sexual harassment. But as this trend continues on and on, real sexual harassment will be diluted as people will be saying anything and everything is sexual harassment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/sexual-harassment/2751966?snl=1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
jason88cubs wrote:
What Julie and these idiots dont realize is they are giving Barstool free advertisement
Um.....

:lol:

Self awareness is key.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
SuperMario wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

That's exactly right. Someone said it earlier, but if good looking guys were to flirt with women at the office, I am guessing they wouldn't have as much of an issue. When fat slobs like Weinstein do it, then it's all #metoo. Using The Office again as an example. Jim, good looking tall, thin guy - ok. Kevin Malone - fat, balding weirdo - not ok.

I'm not downplaying sexual harassment. But as this trend continues on and on, real sexual harassment will be diluted as people will be saying anything and everything is sexual harassment.

What Weinstein was doing would be considered flirting to you? That's sexual harassment to most everyone who isn't a creep.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jbi11s wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

What Weinstein was doing would be considered flirting to you? That's sexual harassment to most everyone who isn't a creep.

I mean who hasn't forced a woman to watch them shower and called it "office flirting." Super Mario here seems like one of the reasons #metoo can be useful.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:33 pm 

THIS is sexual harassment!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I never said that at all. And I even mentioned real sexual harassment, which is clearly what Weinstein was committing among potentially other more serious crimes i.e. rape. I'm just saying that I feel some women are using this #metoo campaign to explain every day annoyances as sexual harassment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:43 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I mean who hasn't forced a woman to watch them shower and called it "office flirting." Super Mario here seems like one of the reasons #metoo can be useful.

I'm actually Bob Weinstein. No showers and massages here. Just aggressive moves during dinner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:31 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SuperMario wrote:
I'm just saying that I feel some women are using this #metoo campaign to explain every day annoyances as sexual harassment.

Obviously that's true. A bum winking at you on the bus isn't the same as your boss forcing you to give him a blowjob. But I think it's getting a #metoo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
I'm just saying that I feel some women are using this #metoo campaign to explain every day annoyances as sexual harassment.

Obviously that's true. A bum winking at you on the bus isn't the same as your boss forcing you to give him a blowjob. But I think it's getting a #metoo.

Yeah, I probably should have rephrased my post from yesterday, but that was what I was implying. Not discrediting any legitimate sexual harassment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
SuperMario wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

Yeah, I probably should have rephrased my post from yesterday, but that was what I was implying. Not discrediting any legitimate sexual harassment.

I think what most of us are referring to would be women who consider a cat call or unsolicited compliment to be harassment. Yes, the #metoo campaign is equating them with that. It really cheapens the real harassment that comes from the Harvey Weinsteins of the world.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 am 

Cat calls are harassment though. There are worse levels of harassment though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518 ... 1523  Next