It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1536, 1537, 1538, 1539, 1540  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
brucester001 wrote:
What did you guys do to Julie, as she deleted at least over a years worth of her most current worthless tweets for no reason

I thought she shut down her twitter? Are you on the other side of the singularity in the XFormerlyKnownAsTwitterverse? She hasn't been picking fights with Barstool for a good bit so this might have to do with the defamation suit from the kid Chiefs fan, if it's still ongoing. I guess the lawsuit would still survive after the outlet being sold for scrap. Julie doesn't appear to have been named in the complaint, but maybe she's trying to help a guy out. On the other hand it could be for her ongoing discrimination lawsuit where she claimed to be EIC at Deadspin and then made a bunch of factual errors and typos.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:19 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Media libs love deleting old tweets. It might not be deeper than that. Makes it harder to play "show me exactly where I said that." However, some publishing platforms maintain deleted tweets in unformatted text.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Library of Congress supposedly has the complete first 12 years of twitter archived. Post 2017 they only maintain a curated selection of tweets.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
What did you guys do to Julie, as she deleted at least over a years worth of her most current worthless tweets for no reason

I thought she shut down her twitter? Are you on the other side of the singularity in the XFormerlyKnownAsTwitterverse? She hasn't been picking fights with Barstool for a good bit so this might have to do with the defamation suit from the kid Chiefs fan, if it's still ongoing. I guess the lawsuit would still survive after the outlet being sold for scrap. Julie doesn't appear to have been named in the complaint, but maybe she's trying to help a guy out. On the other hand it could be for her ongoing discrimination lawsuit where she claimed to be EIC at Deadspin and then made a bunch of factual errors and typos.

so you don't know

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Bagels wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

so you don't know

Nope!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
I have good news and bad news, Deadspin is back but July is not involved.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 2:54 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
brucester001 wrote:

What's the good news?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm 

Quote:
At 40 years old, he has some gas left in the tank, but the gas light is turning on soon like it did for Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowtiski.

Looks like their editing is as good as ever.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
brucester001 wrote:

Stan Lee never left.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Quote:
Julie DiCaro @juliedicaro.bsky.social
·
11h
Gotta love ESPN's strategy of giving us every Indiana Fever game instead of games between objectively good teams.

Hate to break it to you, but few care about anything in the WNBA other than Caitlin Clark. And there are no “objectively good” WNBA teams.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
:lol: and no one has played more than 4 games. Have any of the so-called top teams played each other yet?

https://www.google.com/search?q=wnba+st ... st;fp;1;;;

What I objected to last night was ESPN staying with WNBA which forced me to download, install and verify the ESPN app so I could watch the start of game 7 of Oiler / Canuck

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:
·
11h
Gotta love ESPN's strategy of giving us every Indiana Fever game instead of games between objectively good teams.

Hate to break it to you, but few care about anything in the WNBA other than Caitlin Clark. And there are no “objectively good” WNBA teams.

She's never watched, just like everybody else. Now a little juice has been injected and what does she do? The predictable. I GUARANTEE she had to look up WHO the "objectively good teams" are. Also just like everybody else.

Usually her lying loathesomeness just entertains me, but this one frosts my ass. You could give this entitled bitch a million dollars and she'd whine that it was all in 20s.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 7:06 am 

It seemed to me like there was an incredible amount of turnover in teams from year to year. They just threw names into a hat and told them to play for the franchise. The Sky won the championship that one year and suddenly the are terrible again.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
a genius wrote:
:lol: and no one has played more than 4 games. Have any of the so-called top teams played each other yet?

What I objected to last night was ESPN staying with WNBA which forced me to download, install and verify the ESPN app so I could watch the start of game 7 of Oiler / Canuck

to be fair, way more people watch caitlin clark than hockey

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 8:34 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It seemed to me like there was an incredible amount of turnovers .

i agree, she's averaging 6.5 per game thru 4 games. during the ncaa champ game half time diani turasi had a spicy" take that caitlin would struggle early in her WBNA career... she was right

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

i agree, she's averaging 6.5 per game thru 4 games. during the ncaa champ game half time diani turasi had a spicy" take that caitlin would struggle early in her WBNA career... she was right

She’s averaging 17ppg, which is approximately a third of the total points scored in WNBA games not featuring Caitlin Clark.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 8:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
:lol:

Pootons, why are you under the impression that Clark is averaging 6.5 ppg?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
billypootons wrote:
a genius wrote:

to be fair, way more people watch caitlin clark than hockey

Yeah, I figured as such.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:23 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

i agree, she's averaging 6.5 turnovers per game thru 4 games. during the ncaa champ game half time diani turasi had a spicy" take that caitlin would struggle early in her WBNA career... she was right

She’s averaging 17ppg, which is approximately a third of the total points scored in WNBA games not featuring Caitlin Clark.

added a word to help

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
billypootons wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

i agree, she's averaging 6.5 turnovers per game thru 4 games. during the ncaa champ game half time diani turasi had a spicy" take that caitlin would struggle early in her WBNA career... she was right

added a word to help

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 9:27 am 

billypootons wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

added a word to help

You shouldn't have. It was properly written but not properly read.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:04 am 

good dolphin wrote:
It seemed to me like there was an incredible amount of turnover in teams from year to year. They just threw names into a hat and told them to play for the franchise. The Sky won the championship that one year and suddenly the are terrible again.

Great point, and very true, look up history of Elena Della Don (Sp?), she was was on the Sky a couple years ago. Supposedly the top player in league,
and the Sky traded her to another team because she wanted to be closer to home and closer to her "partner". :lol: And this league wants to be taken seriously?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:10 am 

in the WNBA they're not turnovers, they're reverse-relays.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
billypootons wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

added a word to help

It was both.

I don’t need to highlight how many interceptions a guy has thrown if I want to talk about his td passes as a counter to the idea that the QB is struggling. It’s a “wuddabout” point that doesn’t force the reader to contextualize an appropriate amount of turnovers from a ball dominant guard in ladies’ basketball.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
W_Z wrote:
in the WNBA they're not turnovers, they're reverse-relays.

Harrison Butker wrote:
They ought to just shut up and bake more turnovers.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:48 am 

Nardi wrote:
billypootons wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

added a word to help

It was both.

I don’t need to highlight how many interceptions a guy has thrown if I want to talk about his td passes as a counter to the idea that the QB is struggling. It’s a “wuddabout” point that doesn’t force the reader to contextualize an appropriate amount of turnovers from a ball dominant guard in ladies’ basketball.

I quoted the wrong post so I'm as bad as the guy who I took to task for misreading it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
I watched a handful of Iowa basketball games the last couple years and she always looked like a turnover machine to me. Lots of errant long passes and passes off the hands of unsuspecting teammates. She was always going to struggle in the WNBA at first. At Iowa she could do what ever she wanted whenever she wanted no questions asked. She never had to worry about being called out for horrible 35' 3-point attempts or errant full-court passes to cherry-picking teammates, or being booed for chucking up and missing so many shots. She could walk back to the sideline and know she was never going to be taken to task, they entire team and all the fans were along for the ride and was on-board with it and she was gonna get her 30 or 40 points. Now she actually has teammates that are going to expect some teamwork and coaches that are going to expect her to be part of an offense (I assume, because I am probably not going to ever watch a Indiana Fever game). On top of that every player in the league is hell-bent on making her look bad, probably including her teammates.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 11:36 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
I watched a handful of Iowa basketball games the last couple years and she always looked like a turnover machine to me. Lots of errant long passes and passes off the hands of unsuspecting teammates.

Well, that's her problem. Her teammates just aren't paying as much attention as she is. Much like LeBron James, she could be a fighter pilot.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 3:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
I watched a handful of Iowa basketball games the last couple years and she always looked like a turnover machine to me. Lots of errant long passes and passes off the hands of unsuspecting teammates. She was always going to struggle in the WNBA at first. At Iowa she could do what ever she wanted whenever she wanted no questions asked. She never had to worry about being called out for horrible 35' 3-point attempts or errant full-court passes to cherry-picking teammates, or being booed for chucking up and missing so many shots. She could walk back to the sideline and know she was never going to be taken to task, they entire team and all the fans were along for the ride and was on-board with it and she was gonna get her 30 or 40 points. Now she actually has teammates that are going to expect some teamwork and coaches that are going to expect her to be part of an offense (I assume, because I am probably not going to ever watch a Indiana Fever game). On top of that every player in the league is hell-bent on making her look bad, probably including her teammates.

This is far more analysis than I've heard of her on the Score, where they now have regular segments covering the WNBA.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 3:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:
·
11h

How have the numbers been? I think they were up for her first game. How is the Sky doing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1536, 1537, 1538, 1539, 1540  Next