It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Thank God that twitter came to its senses and reinstated @zerosafety

Negative words online are certainly a "safety issue". Remember when she stayed home because of a "credible threat"? Would love to see how harmless that actual was. Having people fawn over her for her bravery for that was one of the top five non-food related moments in her life.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:34 pm 

there's this annoying commercial that comes on at the gym. it's for some supplement i think. in it, there's a guy and a woman and it mentions "handling this smoothly" in which the guy suavely says "hello" to the woman; and then, "or not smoothly" and the woman blurts out "you're attractive!" and then she sputters and stutters until she says "I actually have a boyfriend."

JDC would look at this as the woman being itemized as "not being smooth" because only men are smooth talkers, which leads to rape.

but my problem with the commercial is...what if this poor guy was hoping he could get a date with her? she blurts out that he's attractive, setting him up, and then drops the "i have a boyfriend" to shoot him down? what a travesty of justice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Julie DiCaro wrote:
the gym should be closed down immediately and burned down. The owner should be exposed on Twitter for being the filthy swine that he is. And if he is on Twitter he should be banned immediately .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
My favorite Score phrase on breaking news was always "The Score has confirmed...." i.e. - "The Score is reporting someone else's breaking news and making it sound like we did more than read it on Twitter..."

I don't know if they've used that one lately but I don't listen too much anymore. Probably get back into the old sportsaroo radio now that baseball is starting back up.

I liked "the Score's Terry Boers is reporting"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Quote:
Julie DiCaroVerified account
‏@JulieDiCaro
Watching TFA.

Me on Poe: "Now that Han is dead, Leia should hit that."

Kids: "Mom, we're in the room."

Wasn't she really upset that The Rock made a nuanced sex joke on a TV-PG cable show?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:23 pm 

Quote:
Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 37s37 seconds ago Chicago, IL
I love politics, but the constant snipping on Twitter is turning even me off.

:roll: Yes, let's take political and ideological discussion, already the nitroglycerin of discourse, distill it down to 140 characters at a time, and not only see what happens, but be surprised by the results.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:24 pm 

Bernie Bros allow zero safety.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:26 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Bernie Bros allow zero safety.

Funny thing is, she tweeted about having the inkling to not vote, and about a minute later sent out an exasperated tweet clearing the air for all the people coming at her about not wanting to vote. I checked...there were two whole tweets sent her way that could even be remotely described as concerned about Julie not voting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:27 pm 

Not voting at all is more objectionable than voting for someone who sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Quote:
Julie DiCaroVerified account
‏@JulieDiCaro
Watching TFA.

Me on Poe: "Now that Han is dead, Leia should hit that."

Kids: "Mom, we're in the room."

Wasn't she really upset that The Rock made a nuanced sex joke on a TV-PG cable show?

The Rock wrote:
Dwayne Johnson @TheRock
That's some real top-notch parenting there, Garfield.

WWE wrote:
WWE @WWE
Don't ever, and we mean EVER, tweet at us again, @JulieDiCaro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:55 pm 

Just to be clear, Julie has said multiple times that she has blocked this guy for months:

Quote:
Dan Donovan ‏@Dan_Donovan_17 Apr 8
I would love everyone to ask @JulieDiCaro and @ByTimGraham as sports reporters "Who is your choice for NHL MVP and why?" I double dare ya

Her response...two days later:

Quote:
Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 2h2 hours ago
Julie DiCaro Retweeted Dan Donovan
Why do you CARE what I think? You've spent 9 months obsessing over my opinion. Give it a rest. Seek help.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Just to be clear, Julie has said multiple times that she has blocked this guy for months:

Quote:
Dan Donovan ‏@Dan_Donovan_17 Apr 8
I would love everyone to ask @JulieDiCaro and @ByTimGraham as sports reporters "Who is your choice for NHL MVP and why?" I double dare ya

Her response...two days later:

Quote:
Julie DiCaro Retweeted Dan Donovan
Why do you CARE what I think? You've spent 9 months obsessing over my opinion. Give it a rest. Seek help.

Of course , she doesn't answer the question. Her "Ive blocked him for months yet still respond to him" is one her biggest WYC.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:22 am 

Now she's taking on Richie Incognito.

Quote:
Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro · 13h13 hours ago

Julie DiCaro Retweeted Richie Incognito

It's awesome that Rickie learned his lesson during all that time off.

Julie DiCaro added,

Richie Incognito @68INCOGNITO Thank you to everyone that posted a picture with your hot sister. I will be Dm'ng them real soon. #NationalSiblingsDay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:14 pm 

Julie rags on lesbian mothers:

Quote:
Two women on this train with I one baby, and they're so stressed you'd think they're responsible for transporting a GD baby panda.

Kid not even crying, and they can't stop fussing over him.

Baby: sucking thumb, looking around

Two women: 'Don't be fussy, don't be fussy!'

They keep passing the baby back and forth and shushing it, even though its made no noise whatsoever.

NOW the baby is fussing. His caretakers are distraught.

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 1h1 hour ago
Seriously about to call DCFS and report that these two are not emotionally equipped to raise a child.

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 1h1 hour ago
Oh God, we have to get the baby ready to get off the train. Prayers appreciated.

Also, by her twitter history, I can surmise she took a ~10am express train into the city, and at 2pm is posting about bad lesbian parents on the train going home. Is that a normal shift, or is she being phased out? I recall sometime back she was a fixture of S&G updates from open to close, then well into the afternoon with B&B.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:31 pm 

More proof that men are better at raising children than women are. We just rather be doing fun stuff so we dump it on them by pretending to suck at it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Quote:
CSFMB ‏@CSFMB 2h2 hours ago
Two "reporters" on this train with Patrick Kane, and they're so stressed you'd think they're in the same car as the Night Stalker.

Kane not even sexually assaulting anyone, and they can't stop fussing over him.

Kane: Drinking a beer, looking around

Two "reporters": 'Don't be rapey, don't be rapey!'

They keep passing Kane back and forth and telling him to stop raping people, even though Kane made no advances whatsoever.

NOW Kane is scoring champion. The "reporters" are distraught.

CSFMB ‏@CSFMB 1h1 hour ago
Seriously about to call the Score and report that these two are not emotionally equipped to report on anything.

Oh God, we have to get Kane ready to accept his MVP award. Prayers appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:03 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Quote:
Two "reporters" on this train with Patrick Kane, and they're so stressed you'd think they're in the same car as the Night Stalker.

Kane not even sexually assaulting anyone, and they can't stop fussing over him.

Kane: Drinking a beer, looking around

Two "reporters": 'Don't be rapey, don't be rapey!'

They keep passing Kane back and forth and telling him to stop raping people, even though Kane made no advances whatsoever.

NOW Kane is scoring champion. The "reporters" are distraught.

Seriously about to call the Score and report that these two are not emotionally equipped to report on anything.

Oh God, we have to get Kane ready to accept his MVP award. Prayers appreciated.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:25 am 

Julie has been tweeting and RT'ing this new Guardian article about online "abuse" of women all damn day. Basically, The Guardian decided that women are more abused online than men, they then searched through their comments to prove that premise and, surprise surprise, they found evidence that aligns with their claims. Julie is acting like this is V-Day or something. But I have some thoughts...

Quote:
New research into our own comment threads provides the first quantitative evidence for what female journalists have long suspected: that articles written by women attract more abuse and dismissive trolling than those written by men, regardless of what the article is about.

Although the majority of our regular opinion writers are white men, we found that those who experienced the highest levels of abuse and dismissive trolling were not. The 10 regular writers who got the most abuse were eight women (four white and four non-white) and two black men. Two of the women and one of the men were gay. And of the eight women in the “top 10”, one was Muslim and one Jewish.

See that, people? We found what we were looking for! With a little racism and antisemitism to boot. But...what is "abuse", how does "abuse" break down quantitatively?

Quote:
To date, 1.4 million comments (2% of the total) have been blocked by Guardian moderators because they violated the Guardian’s community standards. Most of these are abusive to some degree (they may use insulting language, or be ad hominem attacks) or are so off-topic that they derail the conversation.

That's right. Blocked comments...by Guardian moderators. Derailing conversations, insulting language (not just insults, mind you), and ad hominem attacks are now classified as "abusive". This is up there with the study that labels any inebriated sex as "sexual assault". From their "full methodology" section, for those of you wondering just how in the hell someone can quantize abuse via the mere existence of blocked comments:

Quote:
In our analysis we took blocked comments as an indicator of abuse and/or disruption. Although mistakes sometimes happen in decisions to block or not block, we felt the data set was large enough to give us confidence in the findings.

Funny that they use "data set" to come off as officious in their statistical analysis, but any high school AP Stats student can tell you that just because a sampling population is large, doesn't mean it isn't biased. Instead of just sampling 2 families from Englewood, you could take 2,000, and your study extrapolating family income for the City of Chicago would still be horribly biased.

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of a good narrative confirmed by asinine interpretation of biased data!

Back to the "study" that JDC is so excited about:

Quote:
This gender gap is bigger in some sections than others. Sport had the smallest proportion of articles written by women writers, but World News and Technology were not far behind. The only section that had significantly more articles written by women was Fashion.

So, Sports, Tech and World News feature predominately male writers, and the Fashion section is predominately female scribes, OK? That will be important in a bit.

Quote:
Articles written by women got more blocked (ie abusive or disruptive) comments across almost all sections. But the more male-dominated the section, the more blocked comments the women who wrote there got (look at Sport and Technology). Fashion, where most articles were written by women, was one of the few sections where male authors consistently received more blocked comments.

Gee, imagine that. In a section dominated by one gender or the other, with fewer articles off which to study, the opposite gender sees some wild variance in the number of blocked comments. It's almost like there might be a giant gaping issue of sample size here, on top of the myriad of other biasing issues.

Quote:
Another way of looking at this, is that since around 2010 articles written by women consistently attracted a higher proportion of blocked comments than articles written by men.

Any attempt to unpack that? Any proposition and testing of a null hypothesis--say, moderators on the freaking Guardian might just be a weee bit more protective of female staff vis a vis "abusive" comments? Nope. Just suck on that, MRA's, they've got contextual-less data. And why only since 2010? This is being heralded as "definitive" in part because it purports its data to go all the way back to 1999. But why cut off the data at 2010 here?

The kicker:

Quote:
Less extreme “author abuse” – demeaning and insulting speech targeted at the writer of the article or another comment – is much more common on all online news sites, and it formed a significant proportion of the comments that were blocked on the Guardian site, too.

Here are some examples: a female journalist reports on a demonstration outside an abortion clinic, and a reader responds, “You are so ugly that if you got pregnant I would drive you to the abortion clinic myself”; a British Muslim writes about her experiences of Islamophobia and is told to “marry an ISIS fighter and then see how you like that!”; a black correspondent is called “a racist who hates white people” when he reports the news that another black American has been shot by the police. We wouldn’t tolerate such insults offline, and at the Guardian we don’t tolerate it online either.

The Guardian also blocked ad hominem attacks (on both readers and journalists): comments such as “You are so unintelligent”, “Call yourself a journalist?” or “Do you get paid for writing this?” are facile and add nothing of value to the debate.

“Dismissive trolling” was blocked too – comments such as “Calm down, dear”, which mocked or otherwise dismissed the author or other readers rather than engaged with the piece itself.

So now, being dismissive is abuse. This is the depths to which SJW's will go to highlight their own plight. :roll: x Infinity

Oh, and if you go to look at their charts, especially on the "average comments blocked by gender" one...you'll notice on the right that the actual difference between men and women in blocked comments is sub-1%, if their graphs are to-scale. This is the hill they choose to die on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:33 am 

2% blocked. Yes, there is a huge problem. And with the goal posts constantly moving there will always be problem. It's not going to go away so the next best thing is to ignore it, or quit because the Internet world is not always friendly warm and fuzzy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Ramblin Grimace just retweeted this article.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:10 pm 

I saw that load of shit Guardian piece and was trying to figure out a way to shoot it down but
JLN knocked it out of the park with that parsing of it. CH/ DiC level of brilliance in deconstructing it. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:51 pm 

Julie's friend says something that Julie has done in the past, completely forgets what she literally JUST SAID:

Quote:
Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 54m54 minutes ago
Julie DiCaro Retweeted Parker Molloy
I agree, but I did this with Schilling and Cardale Jones. So.Julie DiCaro added,
Parker Molloy @ParkerMolloy
Few things are as sad as men who screen cap pages of people who've blocked them to hold up like trophies. Congrats! You're insufferable!

Parker Molloy ‏@ParkerMolloy 40m40 minutes ago Chicago, IL
@JulieDiCaro Fair enough!

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 42m42 minutes ago
@ParkerMolloy In my defense, both times I got blocked for calling them out for shitty statements about women.

Remember kids, it's OK to hold men and women to different standards, so long as men are at the standard that results in more ridicule and shame.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:57 pm 

And, just in case we wanted to keep a running tally on the average appeal of Twitter activists that are just so "Ugh, men!", this is Parker Molloy:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Julie DiCanada is having a nice back and forth with some guy.

https://twitter.com/ladyhabs/status/719924443926147072

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:12 pm 

Quote:
Paul ‏@Sylenathus 2h2 hours ago
@6ame @JessicaValenti funny the mental gymnastics someone can do to change criticism into "abuse"

Robyn Flynn ‏@ladyhabs 2h2 hours ago
@Sylenathus @6ame @JessicaValenti Calling someone a Caller Bob is not criticism. It's abuse. There's absolutely nothing constructive about it.

So....is all criticism supposed to be constructive now?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Quote:
Paul ‏@Sylenathus 2h2 hours ago
@6ame @JessicaValenti funny the mental gymnastics someone can do to change criticism into "abuse"

Robyn Flynn ‏@ladyhabs 2h2 hours ago
@Sylenathus @6ame @JessicaValenti Calling someone a Caller Bob is not criticism. It's abuse. There's absolutely nothing constructive about it.

So....is all criticism supposed to be constructive now?

Only on Twitter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:36 pm 

So if someone calls you an asshole, you are being abused? Is it sexual abuse the way Jules was accusing Richie Incognito? Richie just picked on a guy in the locker room. If he called him burrito, would that be sexual abuse?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
So if someone calls you an asshole, you are being abused? Is it sexual abuse the way Jules was accusing Richie Incognito? Richie just picked on a guy in the locker room. If he called him burrito, would that be sexual abuse?

Hate crime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:40 pm 

spmack wrote:
Julie DiCanada is having a nice back and forth with some guy.

https://twitter.com/ladyhabs/status/719924443926147072

DiCanada getting routed in that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1523  Next