It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488 ... 1529  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Franky T wrote:
During her 5:30 update she told us that Rollie Massimino "died today at the age of 85". Dan, sounding confused, asked "wasn't he 82?". Julie mumbled a bit and admitted, "he was 82, I was wrong. I was trying to give him a few more years".

How hard is it to copy information from the internet on to a piece of paper and accurately read said information? It's not like she misspoke, she simply gave herself the wrong information. She has 28 minutes in between reads to get her next "update" ready and she can't even do that with accuracy.

How did she immediately know the correct answer?

She just misread her own copy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Kind of a dick move from Bernstein to call her out.

Who the fuck cares?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

every once in a while, Dan forgets it's her in the booth and lets go. I'm telling you, one call complaining about lack of WNBA coverage and Dan and Julie will have a very interesting conversation at the next update.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

every once in a while, Dan forgets it's her in the booth and lets go. I'm telling you, one call complaining about lack of WNBA coverage and Dan and Julie will have a very interesting conversation at the next update.

No they won't. Julie as always , never seems to find her tongue when he's around .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:31 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

Doesn't matter who makes that mistake. Who cares?

Are they going to take calls from Rollie Massimino fans that said she was slightly wrong?

That's just Bernsie not helping himself to correct someone. I do it too. But you need to learn to check yourself to not look like an asshole.

Just wallow in your own knowledge that you are an asshole and blend into society.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Since when is sports radio woke about correcting mistakes, faux pas, & towering line drives?

badrogue17 wrote:
No they won't. Julie as always , never seems to find her tongue when he's around .

Totally agree. Mr. Goff threw her a bone a week or so ago re: Zeke Elliot. Perfect opportunity for her to go all in...

her response was vanilla.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Does Julie ever talk about the WNBA? Like, the actual games? AFAIK she only complains about the lack of coverage of the WNBA and other women's sports but seems to be part of the problem as I don't recall her devoting regular attention to them herself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
Does Julie ever talk about the WNBA? Like, the actual games? AFAIK she only complains about the lack of coverage of the WNBA and other women's sports but seems to be part of the problem as I don't recall her devoting regular attention to them herself.

No, I think they want her to stick to sports when she does updates .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:39 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

Are they going to take calls from Rollie Massimino fans that said she was slightly wrong?

That's just Bernsie not helping himself to correct someone. I do it too. But you need to learn to check yourself to not look like an asshole.

Just wallow in your own knowledge that you are an asshole and blend into society.

I was just having a similar conversation about this with my wife. Sometimes it's okay to just let the other guy go through life being wrong. There are a lot of wrong people out there. You don't have to correct them all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:42 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

I was just having a similar conversation about this with my wife. Sometimes it's okay to just let the other guy go through life being wrong. There are a lot of wrong people out there. You don't have to correct them all.

No.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Dan hates fat people, he hates dumb people, it's probably difficult to bite his tongue when fat and dumb combine to do updates on his show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
312player wrote:
Dan hates fat people, he hates dumb people, it's probably difficult to bite his tongue when fat and dumb combine to do updates on his show.

This is really true I am thinking.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

That's what message boards are for.

Just by reading this and not hearing it, isn't this exactly what they used to do to George and more recently Rongey? Take an error and mercilessly mock them? Sounds like Julie is getting off easy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:23 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

Just by reading this and not hearing it, isn't this exactly what they used to do to George and more recently Rongey? Take an error and mercilessly mock them? Sounds like Julie is getting off easy.

Special treatment for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

It was usually some misspeak that made the guy sound like a dope rather than something mundane like getting an age wrong by a couple years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

No.

:lol: that's BRick with an internal hemorrhage.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 am 

You know though Jorr that it is Bernsie's wheelhouse to hammer on a mundane mistake from a caller or update person.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
If you are reporting on a death and wish to indicate how old they were...you get the age correct.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:54 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
If you are reporting on a death and wish to indicate how old they were...you get the age correct.

That really is it isn't it? She is so consumed with everything else around her (we know she tweets on the job) that she forgets to do the one thing well that gave her the platform in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
doug - evergreen park wrote:

Or if you do get it wrong, at least be funny.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I wouldn't normally defend Bernstein, but he brought it up in the context of the dumb "83" joke--he questioned her because he had hoped he died at 83, and lamented Rollie didn't make it that far. So, when she said "85," his radar went off because he had already had "82" in his mind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am 

There is no need to defend Bernsie as I want him to jump on her mistakes. Just as he would on a male updater.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Heisenberg wrote:
I wouldn't normally defend Bernstein, but he brought it up in the context of the dumb "83" joke--he questioned her because he had hoped he died at 83, and lamented Rollie didn't make it that far. So, when she said "85," his radar went off because he had already had "82" in his mind.

That makes more sense...I thought it would be odd for DB to question that in an update.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:03 am 

pittmike wrote:
There is no need to defend Bernsie as I want him to jump on her mistakes. Just as he would on a male updater.

What Heisenberg said makes more sense. I wouldn't think he'd jump on anybody for such a minor misstatement of fact which is why, in reading it, it sounded very asshole-y. Still kind of a dick move but makes more sense.

Should she have gotten it correct? Sure. But you should only bother to jump on somebody if they call the Bulls the Bison or something incredibly stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 am 

pittmike wrote:

What Heisenberg said makes more sense. I wouldn't think he'd jump on anybody for such a minor misstatement of fact which is why, in reading it, it sounded very asshole-y. Still kind of a dick move but makes more sense.

Should she have gotten it correct? Sure. But you should only bother to jump on somebody if they call the Bulls the Bison or something incredibly stupid.

First time listening to Bernstein?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

First time listening to Bernstein?

I thought it was a bit much even for Bernstein. Now, if she'd said 69, go to town.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 am 

He kinda takes it easy on co workers but he's no mercy on the callers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:
He kinda takes it easy on co workers but he's no mercy on the callers.

Tell that to Murph, Danny Mac and George.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

That's why I've stopped responding to you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Who the fuck cares?

That's why I've stopped responding to you.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45869 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 482, 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488 ... 1529  Next