It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 591, 592, 593, 594, 595, 596, 597 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
newper wrote:

Wait, isn't the podcast supposed to be for patrons only?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
newper wrote:

Wait, isn't the podcast supposed to be for patrons only?

I think she figured out it made no sense for just her family and friends to have access to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
newper wrote:

At what point do you realize not everyone is a troll and take a hard look at yourself?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Do the reviews really matter? Isn't it just about the listenership. So if people hate listen and leave bad comments, why should that matter?

Don't you get paid in podcasts by the amount of listeners?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Before we get started, I want to say I know how hard it is to counteract the trolls. But what's even harder is counteracting swamp ass, or at least that's what I thought until I learned about Mack Weldon underwear. Mack Weldon underwear is comfortable, stylish, and antimicrobial, so if there's bacteria in your ass sweat, your underwear says "hey, ass sweat bacteria, get outta here, you're trolling my ass crack." Report the trolls to Twitter but report your ass bacteria to Mack Weldon. And if you want a great deal on socks and underwear, go to mackweldon.com and enter promo code ILOVEFEET and they'll know Julie DiCaro sent you. So yeah, Mack Weldon underwear. Anyway, back to the show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
newper wrote:

At what point do you realize not everyone is a troll and take a hard look at yourself?

So she’s basically asking ( at least implying they should ) people to leave positive reviews based solely on the fact she thinks she’ll be getting shit reviews from “ trolls” , not based on their honest opinion of it ? Aren’t people allowed to think your stuff sucks without them being trolls ? Or does she literally think that isn’t possible .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yes, Julie sucks, but trolls who will never listen to her podcast or whatever it is will absolutely give it shitty reviews. Duh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id ... letes-espn

Quote:
Over the course of the next several years, Nassar grew bolder. She says that he would sit next to her on a basement couch while she and her brother watched television and rubbed her feet against his crotch. He progressed to putting a blanket over himself and her feet, and she says he pulled out his genitals and rubbed them against her feet. Eventually, and on multiple occasions, he put his finger inside her. The woman says she didn't understand the nature of what was happening to her until a friend described an abusive encounter of her own while they rode the bus together in sixth grade. She realized similar things had happened to her, and that she needed to tell her parents.

"Mom," she says she told her mother one night in her bedroom during the summer after she completed sixth grade, "when Larry rubs my feet, he uses his penis."

Larry's a listener, no question.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/22046031/michigan-state-university-doctor-larry-nassar-surrounded-enablers-abused-athletes-espn

Quote:
Over the course of the next several years, Nassar grew bolder. She says that he would sit next to her on a basement couch while she and her brother watched television and rubbed her feet against his crotch. He progressed to putting a blanket over himself and her feet, and she says he pulled out his genitals and rubbed them against her feet. Eventually, and on multiple occasions, he put his finger inside her. The woman says she didn't understand the nature of what was happening to her until a friend described an abusive encounter of her own while they rode the bus together in sixth grade. She realized similar things had happened to her, and that she needed to tell her parents.

"Mom," she says she told her mother one night in her bedroom during the summer after she completed sixth grade, "when Larry rubs my feet, he uses his penis."

Larry's a listener, no question.

disgusting; hope he likes prison rape!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:49 pm 

No, I didn’t specify the race of the coaches in this because racism, it’s just a cautionary tale !! Not that this happened at all anyway . Nebulous accusations , no names that can be verified , yep sounds totally real. Or maybe the nuance is just lost on me .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Don't ruin her podcast drop you meanies!!! GCOC matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
"In my gym....."

Bitch, puh-lease.
The closest she's ever come to a gym was the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
In Julie's world, the plural of anecdote is statistic.

EDIT: and I am also happy she was able to tie this story back to her life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
If I remember correctly, the show was supposed to be a spinoff for Dwight but then they were afraid of what The Office would do without the screaming autistic manbaby turning ever more into a cartoon character with every passing scene, so they pretty much started from scratch as an Amy Poehler star vehicle.

Suffice to say, I always had a vibe like parks & rec was for people who "get it" way more than me. I'd watch community cuz I'm a Joel McHale guy from.the soup, but even then I never got to watch the great indoors cuz like, there was still something deficient about me where it was like I SHOULD watch the office and parks & rec but I didn't cuz fuck you "I DO WHAT I WHAAAAAANT" - Eric cartman on maury

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 am 

We Patreons got the podcast at 8pm last night and the rest of the world got it at 1am this morning. Money well spent to get it in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Beardown wrote:
Do the reviews really matter? Isn't it just about the listenership. So if people hate listen and leave bad comments, why should that matter?

Don't you get paid in podcasts by the amount of listeners?

The PMT guys always ask their listeners to subscribe, unsubscribe, then subscribe again... as well as download and re-download

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We Patreons got the podcast at 8pm last night and the rest of the world got it at 1am this morning. Money well spent to get it in advance.

so if you left a negative review before 1am Julie would know a patereon was hate paying her every month

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That’s pretty shitty of her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:13 am 

The reviews are coming in !!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
reviewers who leave negative reviews without listening are just something podcasters have dealt with forever. its just that good podcasts have enough listens and positive reviews to thwart it.

when your podcast is terrible, you don't get enough positive reviews to combat it.

but the one thing that SCREAMS that your podcast is bad is when you can obviously tell that there are fake positive reviews to basically only combat the negative ones.

notice she didn't ask them to actually listen to the podcast. just subscribe and review it positively.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
What's the point of just giving negative reviews without listening? That's what she wants. It's the attention she craves. I think the better way of handling this is to just ignore her, fix the glitch, and the problem will just go away....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i think the ceiling on enflaming your detractors is a peabody award....there isn't much further you can go. Spain moved past it, hasn't focused on detractors for the most part but was already at espn on the radio from time to time. She's not where she is because of morethanmean.

Julie wallows in dectractors and bad reviews and makes it a part of her identity. but thats all she'll ever be at this point.

so while it seems stupid to leave bad reviews, its not like doing so is going to create better opportunity for her. i think most level headed people see her for what she is.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am 

hnd wrote:
so while it seems stupid to leave bad reviews, its not like doing so is going to create better opportunity for her. i think most level headed people see her for what she is.

Yeah, she's a lazy underachiever who never actually sees through what she starts.

I still give this little venture of hers 3 podcasts, or maybe it's 4 before she gives up again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:28 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
hnd wrote:

Yeah, she's a lazy underachiever who never actually sees through what she starts.

I still give this little venture of hers 3 podcasts, or maybe it's 4 before she gives up again.
Do you remember...

Oh wait, that isn't how it works.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:41 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
hnd wrote:

Do you remember...

Oh wait, that isn't how it works.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
All Julie can hope is that the yutes think the pod cast is in fact about eating soap.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 pm 

:lol: :lol: seems like the black dude Julie just had to have on her virtue-signaling tour de force podcast months in the making to talk about the hot button issue of the Rooney Rule has a somewhat <sigh> problematic past . Do better Jules !!

GREENFIELD - The case of ESPN reporter Howard Bryant ended quietly Friday as he agreed to serve six months of pretrial probation on charges that he assaulted his wife in front of a Shelburne Falls pizzeria.
Greenfield District Court Judge William Mazanec advised Bryant that he could be brought back up on charges of domestic assault and battery, resisting arrest and assault and battery on a police officer if he violates any laws during that period. If Bryant successfully completes the probation he will have no criminal record of the charges.

Police arrested Bryant, 42, after customers at Buckland Pizza reported seeing a man choking a woman during an argument on the sidewalk outside. When they arrived, Bryant, his wife Veronique and their six-year-old son were all inside their car. Police ordered Bryant to get out, began questioning him and arrested him after he allegedly resisted arrest.

At Bryant's arraignment in February, his lawyer, Buz Eisenberg, maintained that his arrest was racially motivated. Bryant is black, his wife is white. Veronique Bryant also told reporters that she did not feel endangered by her husband and that police acted inappropriately. She did not press charges against Bryant, but police took him into custody, nonetheless.

A state police spokesman later said that Bryant was combative and denied that race was a factor in his arrest.

An agreement signed by Eisenberg and prosecutor Jeremy C. Bucci states that a review of the evidence does not support the witness allegations that Bryant struck and choked his wife or inflicted violence on her, although Bryant admits police had probable cause to arrest him. The agreement also expressed Bryant's regrets that a private matter became public and offered his support for measures to combat domestic violence.

"Furthermore, Mr. Bryant recognizes and respects the importance of encouraging citizens to call the police when they witness conduct they feel is violent and continues to encourage such community participation as a vital part of a free and just society," the agreement states.

Bryant also apologized for giving the impression that race played a part in the actions of police, although the agreement states that he "believes that racism in any form diminishes all members of a community."

Neither Bryant nor his wife, who was present in court Friday, would comment on the resolution of his case. A Boston native, Bryant is the author of three books, including, Shut Out: A Story of Race and Baseball in Boston. He worked at The Washington Post and other newspapers before joining ESPN. A senior writer at the network, Bryant has covered the Olympics and other high profile sporting events

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I would *think* that Julie would have known that beforehand, but all she probably cares about was that it was a black man on her podcast so she can continue to pander and patronize her whole "See - I can't be a racist!" spiel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:37 pm 

spmack wrote:
I would *think* that Julie would have known that beforehand, but all she probably cares about was that it was a black man on her podcast so she can continue to pander and patronize her whole "See - I can't be a racist!" spiel.

Oh there’s no way it was anything but that .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
You expected her to spend 5 minutes checking the story of her guest? :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 591, 592, 593, 594, 595, 596, 597 ... 1523  Next