It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Don Tiny wrote:
"She needs gut control" :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, I can't help that ... literal lol moment.

Same here, Don.

My wife asked "what's so funny." I said "something from the sports board." She just shook her head.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Also, I don't know what it means to hold people "accountable" for their votes.

You go to their house, and assault them until they vote the "right" way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:25 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
What's wrong with trying to get NRA retards to stop being NRA retards? What else are we supposed to do? Heaven knows we can't gun them all down.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
What's wrong with trying to get NRA retards to stop being NRA retards? What else are we supposed to do? Heaven knows we can't gun them all down.

I think “not turn into Julie Dicaro” is always a good answer to that question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
To be fair, most of us private gun owners would never associate with a cow like Julie in real life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 pm 

Julie DiCaro
@JulieDiCaro
·
36m
Keep in mind that this keeps happening because giant man-babies have thrown temper tantrums about it being too hard to get their favorite toys. And for some reason we keep accommodating them.

Good tactic. I often find that fundamentally misrepresenting my opponent’s argument and then shaming them based on that misrepresentation is the most effective way to show them the flaws in their stance.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Julie DiCaro
@JulieDiCaro
·
36m
Keep in mind that this keeps happening because giant man-babies have thrown temper tantrums about it being too hard to get their favorite toys. And for some reason we keep accommodating them.

Good tactic. I often find that fundamentally misrepresenting my opponent’s argument and then shaming them based on that misrepresentation is the most effective way to show them the flaws in their stance.

Have you ever conversed with LTG?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Julie DiCaro
@JulieDiCaro
·
36m

Have you ever conversed with LTG?

I have indeed. Quite the sisyphean endeavor. Good guy though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Julie DiCaro
@JulieDiCaro
·
36m

Someone should buy one of these for her.

https://ghostgunner.net/products/ghost-gunner

It's so simple that even she could make her own firearm. It now finishes M1911s and the next software update should allow for some 9 mm's too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:51 pm 

How wrong is she? The pro-gun lobby is overwhelmingly white, male, and petulant.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 pm 
Curious Hair wrote:
How wrong is she? The pro-gun lobby is overwhelmingly white, male, and petulant.

Don't tell that to Juice and PittMike. You will get 4 pages.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

The pro gun lobby's reach is very overstated. If you look at the top 50 lobbying groups by spending, the NRA is not even ranked.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ ... ending-big

Some of us just believe in maintaining our Constitutionally granted rights and oppose gun control for the same reason we oppose the NSA and laws regarding speech.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:04 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

I would call labeling fighting for constitutional rights as "throwing a temper tantrum" as "generally wrong".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:08 pm 
Curious Hair wrote:

I would call labeling fighting for constitutional rights as "throwing a temper tantrum" as "generally wrong".

Tell us about the Emoulments Clause please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:15 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Tell us about the Emoulments Clause please.

You know, appealing to any authority I have as a legal mind takes out whatever wind is left in the sails of your "pretend lawyer" remarks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:19 pm 

The NRA falling outside a top 50 of lobbyist spending just means they're getting a spectacular return on their investment. You're kidding yourselves if you think the NRA lacks power.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
The NRA falling outside a top 50 of lobbyist spending just means they're getting a spectacular return on their investment. You're kidding yourselves if you think the NRA lacks power.

The NRA doesn't hold much power. Gun owners as a large voting bloc however do hold power.

Bloomberg alone outspends them by a fortune and he's running just one of many groups. Money doesn't buy you shit in this issue.

The Dems will actually lose Senate seats in a year where they will gain House seats because of this issue. ND, MT, WV, MO, and IN are all likely turns because of gun rights. I may despise the Republican Party, but I do appreciate their pro-gun stances.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I match a dollar donation to the NRA for the # of people killed in a mass shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:29 pm 

I will add that I have some issues with the NRA and some of the things they have done. For example supporting Trump when Gary Johnson was the most pro-gun candidate on the ballot. Plus they can fuck off with their pro-police stances in cases like the murder of Philando Castile. However, I appreciate them mobilizing people to ensure SCOTUS remains as constructed to keep Heller the law of the land.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza
Yes, let's demand a bill that Congress won't even read so we can feel warm and fuzzy inside and tell our friends on social media we made a difference. Yeah, that's gonna stop gun crime.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:35 pm 

I must’ve missed her equally impassioned call for reform over the 5 cops dead this week from being shot.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wow, she is a Constitutional expert, what a useless dumb Caller Bob. Little wonder she is a failed former lawyer
---
Julie DiCaro‏Verified account
@JulieDiCaro

Did you know the only amendment that is absolute is the 1A? 2A protects the right of the people to raise a militia, not to buy a semi-automatic weapon without a background check at a gun show. FOH with that garbage.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
Wow, she is a Constitutional expert, what a useless dumb Caller Bob. Little wonder she is a failed former lawyer
---
@JulieDiCaro

Did you know the only amendment that is absolute is the 1A? 2A protects the right of the people to raise a militia, not to buy a semi-automatic weapon without a background check at a gun show. FOH with that garbage.

Again, she's right, personal arsenals are not militias.

I just hope the 3rd amendment is absolute. Couchsurfing troops fuck off!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
---
@JulieDiCaro

Sigh....she's arguing a hyper-technical point: Courts have never actually abridged "free speech". What they've done is found ways to classify "speech" as either "unprotected" and thus proscribable, or "protected" and thus, free. This is the same little logical quirk people use when trying make "hate speech" laws sound like a good idea: "I'm not proposing we limit free speech, just that hate speech isn't protected speech [because blah blah blah]."

So she is, in an uber, completely hyper-technical way, not incorrect. But it should say all you need to know about her that she feels compelled to make the point in that way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
---
@JulieDiCaro

I just hope the 3rd amendment is absolute. Couchsurfing troops fuck off!

Personal arsenals with people who know how to use them are the militia...

This is covered well in the Federalist Papers, particularly ones authored by Madison, who also authored the Bill of Rights in the 1st place.

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
---
@JulieDiCaro

:roll: Come on CH, she's not right. The prefatory clause does not limit the operative clause. Also, the citizens are the militia, and the right is an individual one like 8 of the remaining 9. This is not an unreasonable interpretation of the words, nor the intent of the framers both at the time, and generally speaking.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:44 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
---
@JulieDiCaro

Sigh....she's arguing a hyper-technical point: Courts have never actually abridged "free speech". What they've done is found ways to classify "speech" as either "unprotected" and thus proscribable, or "protected" and thus, free. This is the same little logical quirk people use when trying make "hate speech" laws sound like a good idea: "I'm not proposing we limit free speech, just that hate speech isn't protected speech [because blah blah blah]."

So she is, in an uber, completely hyper-technical way, not incorrect. But it should say all you need to know about her that she feels compelled to make the point in that way.
SHE SPENT 3 YEARS STUDYING THE CONSTITUTION PAL!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 pm 

I guess nevermind.

But she's not even right HERE! As written, the Second is definitely absolute: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
---
@JulieDiCaro

SHE SPENT 3 YEARS STUDYING THE CONSTITUTION PAL!!

She obviously didn't learn much.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I guess nevermind.

But she's not even right HERE! As written, the Second is definitely absolute: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I'm not a lawyer like most of you guys but there is a fundamental philosophical argument here. There's little doubt that the founding fathers believed the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights come from "God" although they may not have all agreed on exactly what "God" was. People like Julie believe those rights come from the government.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 1523  Next