It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 1539  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
if that's the case should a couple of guys around here be in the slammer?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:22 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Be patient.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm confused. Did the dude threaten to rape her? If so, it's wrong and should be shouted down by everyone. There is really no context needed. The method of communication is irrelevant.

We're not discussing whether the guy is a jerk-off. That isn't in question. We're discussing whether it's harassment, a traumatic event, a real threat.

If a guy says "I'm going to come to where you live, find you, and rape you," that's pretty cut and dried, I think. There's a lot of ambiguous bullshit in her twitter escapades, but this isn't that.

Is that what he said? Anyway, I doubt he really knows how to find her or has any intention to do so. I'm not saying the guy isn't a scumbag. The world is loaded with scumbags. Twitter gives them a platform to be anonymously scummy to strangers. Like dolphin said, it's modern grafitti and should be dismissed without much more thought.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He said "you have a problem next time I come to Chicago" and said he'd "re-rape" her. I've never heard that terminology before, but I don't blame her for taking it seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hatchetman wrote:

They wish.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The rape threats are too far, but clearly bringing up Kobe Bryant's accusations now is a sign of attention.

The hypocrisy is palpable.

Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro 10h10 hours ago
Thanks to @linzsports for being brave enough to write that piece. Don't @ her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
He said "you have a problem next time I come to Chicago" and said he'd "re-rape" her. I've never heard that terminology before, but I don't blame her for taking it seriously.

I don't think a reasonable person would take that seriously. I mean, really, do you take it seriously? Do you think this asswipe is a threat to her? She wants to take it seriously so she can complain about how she is threatened by big bad men on Twitter. And I'm not defending this douche. It's a horrible thing to say.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:13 pm 

In all likelihood, he's not a threat, but that's easy for me to say. If someone threatened me in a way that went beyond the give-and-take of this board, I'd probably take it at least a little seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
In all likelihood, he's not a threat, but that's easy for me to say. If someone threatened me in a way that went beyond the give-and-take of this board, I'd probably take it at least a little seriously.

I want to slam a car door in your face repeatedly until you die.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:24 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Like I said, we're in bounds here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:34 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's like saying a TV show is "harassing" you.

a TV show isn't interacting with you. twitter, for better or worse (and much worse), it is an interaction. it'd be the same if it were a text from someone. and that would be taken seriously.

true, twitterers don't always know who you are or where you are, but she is a public personality and that info can be found out pretty easily.

the guy is an ass for going too far like that because now he validates her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

W_Z wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's like saying a TV show is "harassing" you.

a TV show isn't interacting with you. twitter, for better or worse (and much worse), it is an interaction. it'd be the same if it were a text from someone. and that would be taken seriously.

true, twitterers don't always know who you are or where you are, but she is a public personality and that info can be found out pretty easily.

the guy is an ass for going too far like that because now he validates her.

The point is, she's out there spouting opinions that she should know are going to agitate people, sometimes a large number of people. If she doesn't want to be in that position she doesn't have to be. You may not have noticed, but I'm an opinionated douchebag myself. Sometimes that means someone will say nasty or even threatening shit to me. I don't take it to heart. She's got an agenda. She trying to portray Twitter as some kind of figurative dark alley for women. You're correct in that a guy like that validates her. But I would bet a lot of money that bernstein gets threatened way more than she does.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:52 pm 

i know, i'm just speaking in general terms of what would be deemed as "harassment". in the public eye. i think she deserves a lot of the bullshit because she's a hypocrite and is so oblivious to how hypocritical she is, she could use a dose of reality. but what that dude did was taking it way too far. and it's so stupid to come at her like that...she isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
If women don't want to get rape threats, they should just stop saying things

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Dave In Champaign wrote:
If women don't want to get rape threats, they should just stop saying things

Now come on, Dave. Who tried to silence her? My wife has a heavy social media presence and she never gets any kind of threat. You get to decide how antagonistic you want to be. If you say shit to fuck with people some will fuck with you back. Some will be real assholes. One or two might be batshit crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm confused. Did the dude threaten to rape her? If so, it's wrong and should be shouted down by everyone. There is really no context needed. The method of communication is irrelevant.

We're not discussing whether the guy is a jerk-off. That isn't in question. We're discussing whether it's harassment, a traumatic event, a real threat.

If a guy says "I'm going to come to where you live, find you, and rape you," that's pretty cut and dried, I think. There's a lot of ambiguous bullshit in her twitter escapades, but this isn't that.

Is that what he said? Anyway, I doubt he really knows how to find her or has any intention to do so. I'm not saying the guy isn't a scumbag. The world is loaded with scumbags. Twitter gives them a platform to be anonymously scummy to strangers. Like dolphin said, it's modern grafitti and should be dismissed without much more thought.

How many folks have tweeted rape threats to you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:59 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

I had a guy on the old Bodog website tell me he was going to trace my ip address, come to my home and slit my throat in my sleep during a PLO game.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:02 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

I had a guy on the old Bodog website tell me he was going to trace my ip address, come to my home and slit my throat in my sleep during a PLO game.

So that's one time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:16 pm 

The PLO? They play games?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
This thread grows again like her giant gaping slut hole and man sized clitoris. Holy fuck. So much time spent on so little(or big) of a woman. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:32 pm 

Scooter wrote:
This thread grows again like her giant gaping slut hole and man sized clitoris. Holy fuck. So much time spent on so little(or big) of a woman. :lol:

Kid having a rough night?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Fine. Let's say someone says that to her in a public park? Is it harassment.

Your problem is your lack of ability to understand that just because it is "the internet" that the rules suddenly change.

Are you asking if I think a person, standing in the presence of another person, saying person A wishes to rape person B, would be different from person A, on twitter, saying they wish to rape person B. Yes, I think they would be different. One is an assault, the other is, barring extreme circumstances, not.

Quote:
So you'd be fine if someone tweeted that the next time they were in the same town that she has a problem?

Are you asking if I think one situation comes closer to a "credible threat" than the other? Yes, I think I do. Does it cross the threshold? I don't know, I'd need to know more facts.

Quote:
To put it another way, do you think Julie is asking for it and shouldn't behave in a way that causes a man to harass her?

Are you asking if I think that Julie is asking for men to say they want to rape her? No, I don't think she is.

Are you asking if I think that Julie is, to some degree, complicit and even wanton in her own victimhood? Yes, I think she is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:55 am 

Curious Hair wrote:

What if he meant that she's just going to get a headache, or just stuck in traffic? How do you know he's just not saying stupid shit because he's a manchild angry about someone dissing his favorite sports star?

"I'll come to Illinois to kill you."

Threat? Am I in Illinois? Are you? Do I know where you are in Illinois? Would a reasonable person be intimidated or feel apprehension at that? I doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:38 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

What if he meant that she's just going to get a headache, or just stuck in traffic? How do you know he's just not saying stupid shit because he's a manchild angry about someone dissing his favorite sports star?

"I'll come to Illinois to kill you."

Threat? Am I in Illinois? Are you? Do I know where you are in Illinois? Would a reasonable person be intimidated or feel apprehension at that? I doubt it.

This doesn't really feel like a good-faith argument.

Look. I've been annoying people on the internet since I was in 7th grade. I have a pretty good sense of what's acceptable sound and fury and what's harassment, and a guy telling a woman he's going to come to where she works and rape her is harassment. If you're a public figure, you have to take stuff like that seriously. People have acted on that kind of talk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:36 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Look. I've been annoying people on the internet since I was in 7th grade. I have a pretty good sense of what's acceptable sound and fury and what's harassment, If you're a public figure, you have to take stuff like that seriously. People have acted on that kind of talk.

So even the reasonable person standard isn't enough when....what, exactly? What's the threshold for this special treatment you're implying? Internet people's get to apply a different standard to consider "threatening" because...why, again? Because what was said is on the internet, that lowers the threshold for credible threats? That makes little sense.

Quote:
and a guy telling a woman he's going to come to where she works and rape her is harassment.

So now Julie gets to claim all of "Chicago" as domain in which any meany-head words are considered credible threats? What if the guy screwed up and said Rockford? Des Plaines? Lincoln Park? What if, *gasp*, he mentioned a town right next to the one Julie lives in?!?! Does Jules warrant police protection whenever anyone decides they are going to proclaim their intention to commit criminal acts within Chicago city limits or even the near suburbs?

The guy didn't said awful things because he's an awful person, but why ignore objective fact regarding what he actually said in favor of being outraged? What's the point?

We all know this wasn't a credible threat, but why are people compelled to pretend it was?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:24 am 
Site Admin

conns7901 wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

That's my point. I don't consider that a "threat" either. It's some fucking asshole anonymously talking shit over an Internet connection. It isn't some rarity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

That's my point. I don't consider that a "threat" either.

the police would.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:31 am 
Site Admin

Look, I follow all kinds of women on Twitter. Many of them tweet about sports. I've never seen one of them generate the type of vitriol Julie does. Or any man that I follow either, for that matter. Could it be the reason she garners these reactions is because of the content she posts rather than her fantasy that Twitter is an "unsafe space for women"?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 1539  Next