It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I guess nevermind.

But she's not even right HERE! As written, the Second is definitely absolute: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I'm not a lawyer like most of you guys but there is a fundamental philosophical argument here. There's little doubt that the founding fathers believed the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights come from "God" although they may not have all agreed on exactly what "God" was. People like Julie believe those rights come from the government.

It's a shame that science hadn't yet won out when the founding fathers were doing their thing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I guess nevermind.

But she's not even right HERE! As written, the Second is definitely absolute: "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I'm not a lawyer like most of you guys but there is a fundamental philosophical argument here. There's little doubt that the founding fathers believed the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights come from "God" although they may not have all agreed on exactly what "God" was. People like Julie believe those rights come from the government.

It's a shame that science hadn't yet won out when the founding fathers were doing their thing.

:lol: I'm a hardcore atheist but there's a real discussion to be had about the influence of a belief in God if not the influence of God himself. If you don't believe man is created in God's image what makes him special and immune from being killed on a whim the way one would kill a pig when he wants a BLT for dinner?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm not a lawyer like most of you guys

If I've proven anything here, it's that you don't have to be.

And that's the thing: You REALLY don't have to be in order to discuss things like this, they're your rights too! Julie (and by extension, attorneys) don't get to corner the market on what rights are or should be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:07 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I guess nevermind.

:lol: I'm a hardcore atheist but there's a real discussion to be had about the influence of a belief in God if not the influence of God himself. If you don't believe man is created in God's image what makes him special and immune from being killed on a whim the way one would kill a pig when he wants a BLT for dinner?

Ignorance has benefits.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm 
Baby McNown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
How wrong is she? The pro-gun lobby is overwhelmingly white, male, and petulant.

I would call labeling fighting for constitutional rights as "throwing a temper tantrum" as "generally wrong".

Tell us about the Emoulments Clause please.

You know, appealing to any authority I have as a legal mind takes out whatever wind is left in the sails of your "pretend lawyer" remarks.

No. In going to make fun of you for only caring about certain things in the Constitution. Not that hard, but fun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 pm 
I guess nevermind.

Well regulated of course you are leaving out as does every 2A gasbag. When are you being deployed?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Stop desecrating this glorious thread about JDC. I don't care if she started it. Take this shit somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:32 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
I guess nevermind.

Well regulated of course you are leaving out as does every 2A gasbag. When are you being deployed?

Which of the three is expressly granted the right to keep and bear arms by the Constituton?

A. The Well Regulated Militia

B. Militia members

C. The People

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:

Julie DiCaro
@JulieDiCaro
·
36m
Keep in mind that this keeps happening because giant man-babies have thrown temper tantrums about it being too hard to get their favorite toys. And for some reason we keep accommodating them.

Good tactic. I often find that fundamentally misrepresenting my opponent’s argument and then shaming them based on that misrepresentation is the most effective way to show them the flaws in their stance.

Seems a common tactic around here.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:41 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
How wrong is she? The pro-gun lobby is overwhelmingly white, male, and petulant.

That’s just to balance the pro baby killing females.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Stop desecrating this glorious thread about JDC. I don't care if she started it. Take this shit somewhere else.

This times a million.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Can we go back to posting pictures of Julie in humongous pantsuits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
If you don't believe man is created in God's image what makes him special and immune from being killed on a whim the way one would kill a pig when he wants a BLT for dinner?

Opposable thumbs?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
Can we go back to posting pictures of Julie in humongous pantsuits

Did you have to reformat your hard drive?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Once again... and I can't believe I have to keep repeating this... but again for anyone who hasnt understood so far...
The supreme court has affirmed the right of the individual to possess a firearm independent of membership in a militia or military or law enforcement profession.
So let's please stop with the militia talk.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:13 am 
Darkside wrote:
Once again... and I can't believe I have to keep repeating this... but again for anyone who hasnt understood so far...
The supreme court has affirmed the right of the individual to possess a firearm independent of membership in a militia or military or law enforcement profession.

Ok but as soon as we get a lefty SCOTUS who will rip Heller to shreds then we can talk about it again right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ok but as soon as we get a lefty SCOTUS who will rip Heller to shreds then we can talk about it again right?

This is precisely why so called bad republicans get elected and will continue to be.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:28 am 
pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Darkside wrote:

This is precisely why so called bad republicans get elected and will continue to be.

Thanks for your input. You are also no longer allowed to talk about gay marriage, baking a cake for gays, repealing Obamacare, gerrymandered districts in PA (I'm sure the rest are coming shortly).... those have all been ruled upon by the Supremes so we can not interpret them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:31 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
I guess nevermind.

Which of the three is expressly granted the right to keep and bear arms by the Constituton?

B. Militia members

C. The People

I am a gun owner, and believe every American should be able to own one. I believe the answer to your question at the time it was written, A but made up of C. I don't believe 1 person is a militia nor do I believe all gun owners are the militia.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 am 

Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Thanks for your input. You are also no longer allowed to talk about gay marriage, baking a cake for gays, repealing Obamacare, gerrymandered districts in PA (I'm sure the rest are coming shortly).... those have all been ruled upon by the Supremes so we can not interpret them.

I am not following you. You mention that a liberal court may rule differently on a certain matter. Saying that republicans would rather keep a conservative court has nothing to do with my opinions on a varied set of issues.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am 
pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I am not following you. You mention that a liberal court may rule differently on a certain matter. Saying that republicans would rather keep a conservative court has nothing to do with my opinions on a varied set of issues.

I'm just saying that you can't have a contrary oppinion on those issues. SCOTUS has ruled. Abortion too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:56 am 

I don't know? People can have all the contrary opinions they like. The law of the land is what it is at any given time would be the way I would put it. Fortunately, there aren't many I am passionately against.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:41 am 

Cashman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
I guess nevermind.

B. Militia members

C. The People

I am a gun owner, and believe every American should be able to own one. I believe the answer to your question at the time it was written, A but made up of C. I don't believe 1 person is a militia nor do I believe all gun owners are the militia.

How does the prefatory clause at all limit, much less influence in any way, the operative "right of the people to keep and bear arms..." clause?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 am 

Cashman wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
I guess nevermind.

B. Militia members

C. The People

How does the prefatory clause at all limit, much less influence in any way, the operative "right of the people to keep and bear arms..." clause?

I think in simplest terms, I don't know if the Constitution was written as black and white, and it is not interpreted that way. I believe it says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Yet, States or a city can? Didn't Daley ban guns in Chicago? I think the bigger problem is, this was written in a way different time period.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Baby mac... I think you're missing the point I was getting at.
Have an opinion all you want. Talk about it all you want.
Want to get it changed then please petition the courts and get the ball rolling.
When I'm saying stop talking about the militia stuff, I'm referencing the fact that it is now settled law that we have an individual right to own firearms th at does not require membership in a state sponsored or regulated militia. So when Julie says silly things about which militia do you belong to it comes off as uneducated at worst or misleading at best.
It amazes me how poorly understood our rights are. You'd think people would want to or would need to understand what their rights are.
Even more amazing is how willing people are to toss aside their rights especially as they don't seem to understand them.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Darkside wrote:
Want to get it changed then please petition the courts and get the ball rolling.
When I'm saying stop talking about the militia stuff, I'm referencing the fact that it is now settled law that we have an individual right to own firearms th at does not require membership in a state sponsored or regulated militia. So when Julie says silly things about which militia do you belong to it comes off as uneducated at worst or misleading at best.
It amazes me how poorly understood our rights are. You'd think people would want to or would need to understand what their rights are.
Even more amazing is how willing people are to toss aside their rights especially as they don't seem to understand them.

These people make all decisions based on emotion. Reason and facts don't inhabit the same orbit as people like JCD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Darkside wrote:

:lol: The best part of these mass shootings is how nervous and weak in the knees these gun nuts get. There's obviously already a base level of weakness and fear that prompts suburbanites to own guns for anything other than sporting purposes, but the shootings expose the raw nerve. They can't handle anyone discussing -- even thinking about-- the very concept of any regulation of guns even at a time when the federal government is more likely to implement mandatory gun ownership than regulate them in any way. Even the dead kids' parents! You know Obama can still come for your guns... he's coming... the boogie man gonna get em....

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:29 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:

:lol: The best part of these mass shootings is how nervous and weak in the knees these gun nuts get. There's obviously already a base level of weakness and fear that prompts suburbanites to own guns for anything other than sporting purposes, but the shootings expose the raw nerve. They can't handle anyone discussing -- even thinking about-- the very concept of any regulation of guns even at a time when the federal government is more likely to implement mandatory gun ownership than regulate them in any way. Even the dead kids' parents! You know Obama can still come for your guns... he's coming... the boogie man gonna get em....

Do we live in a time of no, or even relatively little, regulation of firearms?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605, 606 ... 1523  Next