It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 1528  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Cashman wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
He looks like a cuck.

Who the hell is fucking his wife?!?

EVERYONE ON TWITTER

And all the people at 670 showing her their dicks apparently

Julie DiCaro (@JulieDiCaro)
12/14/17, 4:09 PM
The most infuriating part about #MeToo across the board is that we can't even talk about real issues like not enough women being hired or promoted because we have to get past all the unsolicited penises first.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Cashman wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
He looks like a cuck.

EVERYONE ON TWITTER

Tim Baffoe probably wants to

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Cashman wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
He looks like a cuck.

EVERYONE ON TWITTER

And all the people at 670 showing her their dicks apparently

The most infuriating part about #MeToo across the board is that we can't even talk about real issues like not enough women being hired or promoted because we have to get past all the unsolicited penises first.

Wouldn't the opposite be true? I mean since all work places across the country are run by men that want to show women their dicks, that's why women got hired.

Now less women are gonna be hired because this is no longer acceptable in the work place. So now these sexist men aren't gonna hire women at all since the fun got taken away. Might as well just hire dudes if you can't harass the women anymore.

Careful what you wish for, women. You thought this was a win. So did I. But it's gonna end up being a loss.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
badrogue17 wrote:
The most infuriating part about #MeToo across the board is that we can't even talk about real issues like not enough women being hired or promoted because [i]we
have to get past all the unsolicited penises first.[/i]

Who is this 'we' she's referring to? Does she have a hamster in her pocket?
If anyone is sexually harassing Hey Red Kool-Aid, I'm sure it's been on a dare or bet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
For my money, thanking African-American people for defending themselves on Twitter is her defining tweet. She honestly sees herself as a member and a leader of the community, yet the condescension is seeping from her every orifice.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
DannyB wrote:
For my money, thanking African-American people for defending themselves on Twitter is her defining tweet. She honestly sees herself as a member and a leader of the community, yet the condescension is seeping from her every orifice.

/thread.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
She is so brave.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
Can somebody PLEASE get that woman nominated for a Peabody STAT!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
DannyB wrote:

What is she talking about?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
pittmike wrote:
DannyB wrote:

What is she talking about?

Not even she knows...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
DannyB wrote:

To people who do not live their lives through Twitter, this sounds ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:32 am 

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2017/ ... %3Atwitter

Spain last year appeared in a video “More than Mean” that went viral and featured men reading harassing and threatening tweets that Spain and another female journalist had received. The day after the video aired, ESPN’s president John Skipper reached out to Spain and they worked together to try and address concerns about the trolls on Twitter.

OUCH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's not a question of whether Julie is passive-aggressive enough to change her Twitter display name to "another female journalist," just whether she'll remember to see it through in between thanking black women, naps, and snacks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:59 am 

I wouldn't be surprised if Spain asked the author to refer to DiCaro as "another female journalist" instead of by name.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Spain asked the author to refer to DiCaro as "another female journalist" instead of by name.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Yep. Alpha bitch mean girl move.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am 

Ikesouth@realikesouth

Thanks to my black ass homies who spent all day on the twit defending their urbanomics. Shouldn't be this way buttfuck it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Up to 4 patron posts, now! In today's column, Julie asks the tough question of whether #MeToo has finally come to the sports media realm.

43 Patrons, as well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:29 pm 

Anyone interested in a JDC Patreon gift subscription? Women and POC preferred.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
She should ask Lisa Olson, the reporter who had some unpleasant locker room experiences covering the New England Patriots and was famously referenced by Victor Kiam (owner of the Patriots at the time).

Kiam, to a group of reporters: "What do Lisa Olson and Saddam Hussein have in common?"

"They've both seen the Patriot missile up close."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:52 pm 

Not creepy at all . I’m sure Mark Hamill isn’t real busy anyway.

12/15/17, 1:16 AM
@HamillHimself Can I shoot you a DM in the name of 'no spoilers?'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2017/12/14/women-who-worked-espn-say-its-problems-far-beyond-barstool-sports/L1v9HJIvtnHuBPiMru6yGM/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

Spain last year appeared in a video “More than Mean” that went viral and featured men reading harassing and threatening tweets that Spain and another female journalist had received. The day after the video aired, ESPN’s president John Skipper reached out to Spain and they worked together to try and address concerns about the trolls on Twitter.

OUCH

That’s awesome.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
She should ask Lisa Olson, the reporter who had some unpleasant locker room experiences covering the New England Patriots and was famously referenced by Victor Kiam (owner of the Patriots at the time).

Kiam, to a group of reporters: "What do Lisa Olson and Saddam Hussein have in common?"

The world would be a better place if the Patriots had remained the NFL's eternal shitshow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Tony Kornheiser wrote an article about that in 1990 (hard to believe this was nearly 30 years ago!)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... eb9263b78/

Washington Post wrote:
TRAVESTY IN THE LOCKER ROOM
By TONY KORNHEISER December 2, 1990

For 10 weeks Lisa Olson waited for justice. For 10 weeks Lisa Olson endured the taunts of Boston sports fans who brayed at her for doing nothing more criminal than her job: to give them their daily fix on their pro football team. For 10 weeks Lisa Olson listened as the rumormongers ground out malicious gossip that she was secretly sleeping with the players, that the real reason she was in the New England Patriots locker room wasn't to cover the beat for the Boston Herald, but to look at naked football players.

Then, finally, the independent counsel's 60-page report to the NFL commissioner was released, and far from discrediting Olson's story -- as the rumormongers promised -- the report validated it. It concludes Olson most assuredly was sexually harassed by a group of Patriots players. While she was conducting an interview in the locker room, two or three players "modeled" themselves before her, "modeling" being a genteel way of saying they deliberately exposed their genitals to her. One "adjusted" his genitals and shook his hips in an exaggerated fashion. One, standing at arm's length from her side, naked, said, "Here's what you want. Do you want to take a bite out of this?"

Strangely, the report did not name these "two or three players," but said that no one who was there -- including the Patriots public relations director and some players -- made any attempt to stop it.

When presented with these conclusions, the NFL commissioner, a Washington lawyer, stated this was "a serious incident ... behavior that is not acceptable and cannot be tolerated."

And he fined three players and the team.

Chump change all around.

Zeke Mowatt, who earns $650,000 a year, was fined $12,500. Michael Timpson, who earns $140,000, and Robert Perryman, who earns $125,000, were fined $5,000 apiece. The Patriots, who realize $33 million in television revenue alone, were fined $50,000, half of which is to go toward "preparing instructional material for all NFL personnel on responsible dealings with the media." Like what? Like buying bathrobes?

Nobody was suspended.

None of the players missed one minute of football.

Indeed, the only person who suffered any kind of loss in football terms was Lisa Olson, who was taken off the beat; obviously the notoriety of the incident made it untenable for her to continue satisfactorily doing her job.

Zeke Mowatt, Michael Timpson and Robert Perryman are still in the National Football League, and Lisa Olson, who was simply trying to do her work, is not.

This is justice?

In reality, the fines do nothing more than establish the benchmark price at which players can wiggle their waggles at a woman. It's a Guy Thing, You Wouldn't Understand. The week after the Olson incident, Sam Wyche, coach of the Cincinnati Bengals, was fined one week's salary -- about $29,000 -- for refusing to let a female reporter in his locker room. He could have exposed himself and saved $18,000.

The commissioner took about 15 minutes to determine Wyche violated the NFL rule on equal access to the locker room. The commissioner had the Olson report on his desk for 20 days before issuing his decision. You'd expect a violation of the moral code to be more complicated than a violation of the NFL rulebook. But not cheaper.

Ten weeks for this?

Ten weeks to issue a strong report, and then undercut it with a weak ruling that leaves the impression -- contrary to the 60 pages -- that nothing much happened, that the locker-room high jinks just need a little reigning in?

You'll note that for all 10 weeks of this deliberative process nothing got in the way of the Patriots games going on.

And now they can go on better than ever. The NFL has ruled. The guilty have been punished. Case dismissed. Kickoff at 1 p.m.

Everybody but Lisa Olson can concentrate on football again.

The punishment is so laughably tiny it's as if Patriots piggly owner Victor Kiam -- attention Christmas shoppers, this is the same Victor Kiam who makes a healthy income off the underarms and legs of women -- was right when he called the original incident "a flyspeck in the ocean" and suggested Olson was an intruder in the locker room, so, "Why not stand in front of her {naked} if she's an intruder?" In other words: She got what she deserved.

Except she didn't deserve it because 1) she has a legal right to be there, and 2) nobody deserves this. Even if you don't think a woman should be in the locker room, ask yourself how your boss would have handled this if where you work, some men loitered near a female co-worker and grabbed their crotches and made lewd suggestions like, "Do you want to take a bite out of this?" How long would it take for those men to be fired, or at least suspended?

Let's make sure of something: This is not about women in the locker room. That issue can be settled in three words: "Wear a towel." This is about sexual harassment in the workplace. This was solely about Lisa Olson being a woman in a man's world; these men were preening, using their size and strength to humiliate and terrorize a woman. This is about the crude assumption that a woman couldn't possibly be in the locker room for any reason other than to satisfy her sexual urges. This is about aggression by men against a woman in an exercise of power they would never try against other men -- an attempt to punish a woman in crude sexual terms, and with impunity. And this is about the NFL, a man's league, letting them off too easy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:01 pm 

No. Fucking. Way.

I'd also like to note that "Someone reporting the night's baseball action should probably understand there are 4 games instead of 3" is now a perfect response to BRick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 pm 

Guess she thought you needed the last four years of your ten-year career to earn no-trade rights instead of five.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 pm 

Got 'em.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 pm 

Julie's top response here is especially priceless because she has a Patreon spitting out less than 1 column per week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Julie's top response here is especially priceless because she has a Patreon spitting out less than 1 column per week.

It's so spot on. It's like Julie DiCaro runs a vegan restaurant but she puts hamburgers on special everyday and then, when no one comes to her place, she whines on Twitter and starts Patreons.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
And a HUGE :lol: at DiCaro telling Bethany Shondark to "be smarter". :lol: :lol: :lol: bernstein can get away with that when he's talking to some mouthbreather from Alsip. Maybe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45835 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 573, 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579 ... 1528  Next