It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1523  Next
 Post subject: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Quote:
Julie DiCaro ‏@JulieDiCaro · 9h9 hours ago

I'd love to go one day without some idiot bro jacking up my mentions.

Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:35 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Don't be a dudeBro.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
a guy at work who listens to b&b every day but we don't talk much. 2 days ago, he was like "hey have you noticed that julie lady is really bad at doing updates? like they'd have a bunch of drops by now if it was anyone else doing it and they'd play them repeatedly....with her she's probably the worst makes the worst mistakes and nothing"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:53 am 

hnd wrote:
a guy at work who listens to b&b every day but we don't talk much. 2 days ago, he was like "hey have you noticed that julie lady is really bad at doing updates? like they'd have a bunch of drops by now if it was anyone else doing it and they'd play them repeatedly....with her she's probably the worst makes the worst mistakes and nothing"

Julie's attorneys, please note that this is innuendo and hearsay from someone who doe not participate on this board.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
hnd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: so true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Is WayneStilie on twitter now?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Allow me to be the one to get this on the first page....

Julie sounds like she has mouthful of testicles when she does her updates.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
wdelaney72 wrote:
Allow me to be the one to get this on the first page....

Julie sounds like she has mouthful of testicles when she does her updates.

You know what they say about big girls and head...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Zero Safety decided to use the example below. Can someone show me where this guy was "harassing" Julie DiCanada? Was the comment a little mean and out of line? Yes. But was she threatened or anything? So this account is here to screen cap mean comments? Get the fuck off social media then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
She's defining harassment as people saying mean things to her. Maybe that's why Twitter support hasn't done jack shit when she whines to them .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
spmack wrote:
Zero Safety decided to use the example below. Can someone show me where this guy was "harassing" Julie DiCanada? Was the comment a little mean and out of line? Yes. But was she threatened or anything? So this account is here to screen cap mean comments? Get the fuck off social media then.

ZeroSafety =

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:44 am 

Quote:
kendalljaye ⚾️collard ‏@KJCollard 38m38 minutes ago
When people spout shit at @JulieDiCaro that they would never dream of saying if her name was James....

No, I'm pretty sure James DiCaro would get just as torched as Julie were he to tweet incendiary things about incendiary social topics almost constantly. Hell, Ramblin' Baffoe is a perfect comp for a male Julie DiCaro, and people aren't shy about antagonizing and lighting his ass up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 am 

While the board was down I received a tweet from a female journalist who's work I have respected over many years. Thanks to her, I learned a whole lot about a true issue that social media facilitates. Suffice to say, our girl Julie's game is weak and has an odor.

From this tweeted link came a whole lot of information and insight.

http://alldigitocracy.org/women-journal ... uch-worse/

A woman reporter was told she “gained too much weight” and that sent the message that she “is not able to discipline herself in a visual medium.” Another woman journalist was called a “stupid blonde sorority chick” and a woman anchor was told to “keep shoving food down that pie hole of yours… it shuts up that annoying donkey braying noise you make when you talk.”

Last week some of those women and their men colleagues at WGN Chicago addressed negative emails and tweets they received from viewers. The video shows how women news anchors bear the brunt of nasty viewer commentary, and that criticism normally centers on the woman news anchor’s appearance.

Women with years of reporting experience and journalism expertise often find their skills eclipsed by criticism about their appearance and negative perceptions about their intellect. But journalists who are women of color face criticism that is a unique blend of sexualized insults and racial slurs combined with violence, according to leading experts.

No research looks specifically at women journalists of color, but there is a double burden that women of color face in terms of harassment, according to Jennifer L. Pozner, founder and executive director of Women in Media and News, which provides media analysis, education and advocacy group on behalf of women journalists.

Watching this video and the number one commonality is their experience as professionals and the reactions they get.

https://youtu.be/oDYo6jQBHU4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:41 am 

But after that I then read more and learned more about who some professional women journalists suffer from Twitter and other forms of communication. I learned of some resources and strategies to deal with the problem..

http://ijnet.org/en/blog/tips-and-tools ... harassment

http://www.troll-busters.com/index.html

https://www.iwmf.org

What I learned is two-fold: There are more women journalists that I respect and follow than I realized. There are also those who's talents I find lacking. Sometimes I question those who make the decisions to put the latter in a communication medium. Take out the word "women" and it now becomes all inclusive.

Secondly, with no formal training or developed skill set our Julie has found herself a job in a very unlikely situation. Considering the station takes ad dollars from people selling a school program to get into broadcasting, her path is quite curious. We could look at the impetus for her getting her foot in the door, but I'm going to hold the final decision makers accountable for the Frankenstein they've created.

Just one more step in the path of the station's journey towards mediocrity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
hnd wrote:

Oh it's absolutely true. She messes up a lot. A week ago she said "The NFL announced the draft positions. The Bears draft 11" What? They announced it? She must have gotten some release for the draft being in Chicago. But the NFL didn't announce the draft positions. It's been known since the last day of the regular season based on record obviously.

But they're so scared of her that nobody even wants to correct her mistakes for fear that she'll think they are a sexist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:
hnd wrote:

Oh it's absolutely true. She messes up a lot. A week ago she said "The NFL announced the draft positions. The Bears draft 11" What? They announced it? She must have gotten some release for the draft being in Chicago. But the NFL didn't announce the draft positions. It's been known since the last day of the regular season based on record obviously.

But they're so scared of her that nobody even wants to correct her mistakes for fear that she'll think they are a sexist.

the NFL actually DID announce the final draft order not that long ago.... some of the comp picks to account FA signings etc were just announced.... so in this case Julie's statements are correct... it's just misleading to the listener because the way it was said makes you assume that the two things are related...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:59 am 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
But after that I then read more and learned more about who some professional women journalists suffer from Twitter and other forms of communication. I learned of some resources and strategies to deal with the problem..

http://ijnet.org/en/blog/tips-and-tools ... harassment

http://www.troll-busters.com/index.html

https://www.iwmf.org

What I learned is two-fold: There are more women journalists that I respect and follow than I realized. There are also those who's talents I find lacking. Sometimes I question those who make the decisions to put the latter in a communication medium. Take out the word "women" and it now becomes all inclusive.

Secondly, with no formal training or developed skill set our Julie has found herself a job in a very unlikely situation. Considering the station takes ad dollars from people selling a school program to get into broadcasting, her path is quite curious. We could look at the impetus for her getting her foot in the door, but I'm going to hold the final decision makers accountable for the Frankenstein they've created.

Just one more step in the path of the station's journey towards mediocrity

They are well past mediocrity. They are in the cesspool.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
@ZeroSafety

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

billypootons wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:
hnd wrote:

the NFL actually DID announce the final draft order not that long ago.... some of the comp picks to account FA signings etc were just announced.... so in this case Julie's statements are correct... it's just misleading to the listener because the way it was said makes you assume that the two things are related...

Ok. Fine. But I did hear Julie say "The Bears will draft 11" like it was news. She could have said they announced the "comp picks". The comp picks was news like you said. Not the way she said it though. Anyway, this was just one example of her screw ups cuz it was top of mind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:42 pm 

No Clever Moniker wrote:
While the board was down I received a tweet from a female journalist who's work I have respected over many years. Thanks to her, I learned a whole lot about a true issue that social media facilitates. Suffice to say, our girl Julie's game is weak and has an odor.

From this tweeted link came a whole lot of information and insight.

http://alldigitocracy.org/women-journal ... uch-worse/

A woman reporter was told she “gained too much weight” and that sent the message that she “is not able to discipline herself in a visual medium.” Another woman journalist was called a “stupid blonde sorority chick” and a woman anchor was told to “keep shoving food down that pie hole of yours… it shuts up that annoying donkey braying noise you make when you talk.”

Last week some of those women and their men colleagues at WGN Chicago addressed negative emails and tweets they received from viewers. The video shows how women news anchors bear the brunt of nasty viewer commentary, and that criticism normally centers on the woman news anchor’s appearance.

Women with years of reporting experience and journalism expertise often find their skills eclipsed by criticism about their appearance and negative perceptions about their intellect. But journalists who are women of color face criticism that is a unique blend of sexualized insults and racial slurs combined with violence, according to leading experts.

No research looks specifically at women journalists of color, but there is a double burden that women of color face in terms of harassment, according to Jennifer L. Pozner, founder and executive director of Women in Media and News, which provides media analysis, education and advocacy group on behalf of women journalists.

Watching this video and the number one commonality is their experience as professionals and the reactions they get.

https://youtu.be/oDYo6jQBHU4

That's interesting, but one thing I've never seen accounted for is the arbitrary element of the viciousness of some of the things hurled at females. What I mean by that is that there has to be a component of these attacks that is simply someone saying the thing they think will most hurt the recipient, regardless of whether that thing is factual or a legitimate representation of what they think or expect.

In all of the hateful things I've seen hurled at JDC, for instance, not once have I seen an "attacker"'s larger point being "you're a woman and thus your opinions, particularly on sports, are invalid or at least less-than." That's never been the impetus for hate on her. Rather, it's largely been disagreement driving the hate bus, with people on Twitter being angry at something JDC says or does, and immediately going for the jugular (we won't count the times legitimate disagreement has been labeled as an "attack" by her). In that sense, these "attacks" seem more like childishness cloaked in anonymity than overt sexism and misogyny.

Men receive vitriol from the more childish and brutish of the internet's rank-and-file anonymous idiots as well, the attacks only being dissimilar in that they appear more generalized than specific. Is "go die burrito" really any better or worse than "stop tweeting and eat more cake you cow"? Now, is that difference in attacking MO sexism? The idea that women are more likely to be hurt by personal attacks on their looks/body, while men are susceptible to other ad hominems? Eh...maybe, I guess, but it's a far cry from every single negative thing said to a female in media being indicative of a sexist worldview and society that condones it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:47 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
@ZeroSafety

A woman reported a story. Another reporter who seems close to the story asked what seems to be a legitimate question about how the information she reported was gained.

OH MY GOD THE INTERNET IS NOT SAFE FOR WOMEN!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
So in all those posts I am to glean that there was an underhanded reason why years ago Linda MacCellan or whatever got the job next to Bill Kurtis over Pam Zekman? No way! I am sure Erin Andrews, Linda Cohn and Megyn Kelly feel terrible for what they have done to the womyn's movement.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
@ZeroSafety

A woman reported a story. Another reporter who seems close to the story asked what seems to be a legitimate question about how the information she reported was gained.

Yeah....especially because it really looks like the female reporter (local to NY) just used the guy's tweeted picture of an affidavit as cause to say "according to documents obtained by The Daily Beast".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:04 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Yeah....especially because it really looks like the female reporter (local to NY) just used the guy's tweeted picture of an affidavit as cause to say "according to documents obtained by The Daily Beast".

So in other words she stole someone's material, became indignant when she was called on it, an someone who may not understand what happened said "Sexism!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:08 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

So in other words she stole someone's material, became indignant when she was called on it, an someone who may not understand what happened said "Sexism!"

It's at least plausible that she did, and yeah. Her editor at the Daily Beast even jumped into the fray, wasn't so shy about throwing shade vis a vis sexism.

Of course, everyone's marginalization of Dunlap as a "child" throwing a "tantrum" is A-OK because he's a white, ostensibly cisgendered, male. Regressive liberalism at its finest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
@ZeroSafety

The "according to the daily beast" is how Bernsie does journalism except says the score.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:16 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
My favorite Score phrase on breaking news was always "The Score has confirmed...." i.e. - "The Score is reporting someone else's breaking news and making it sound like we did more than read it on Twitter..."

I don't know if they've used that one lately but I don't listen too much anymore. Probably get back into the old sportsaroo radio now that baseball is starting back up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:18 pm 

Thank God that twitter came to its senses and reinstated @zerosafety

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Negative words online are certainly a "safety issue". Remember when she stayed home because of a "credible threat"? Would love to see how harmless that actual was. Having people fawn over her for her bravery for that was one of the top five non-food related moments in her life.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:35 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Negative words online are certainly a "safety issue". Remember when she stayed home because of a "credible threat"? Would love to see how harmless that actual was. Having people fawn over her for her bravery for that was one of the top five non-food related moments in her life.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45678 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 1523  Next