It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439 ... 1530  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Women need to support each other Julie harps on over and over. Except white women, they remain the devil.

Quote:
Julie DiCaro Retweeted
Footybedsheets‏Verified account @_shireenahmed_ 18h18 hours ago
If you are a white woman, please read this. Don't centre yourself. Just read it.

Quote:
We are taught to walk home with our keys between our fingers for protection from men in the night, but no one tells us how to defend ourselves from the white women who will try to ravage us from the inside out, with a smile, a comment, a betrayal, a vital inaction, a look.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aishamirza/unt ... -ruined-it?

How is this bullshit helpful?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Women need to support each other Julie harps on over and over. Except white women, they remain the devil.

Quote:
Julie DiCaro Retweeted
If you are a white woman, please read this. Don't centre yourself. Just read it.

Quote:
We are taught to walk home with our keys between our fingers for protection from men in the night, but no one tells us how to defend ourselves from the white women who will try to ravage us from the inside out, with a smile, a comment, a betrayal, a vital inaction, a look.

Wow . This stopped just short of the " if a person of color asks you for money , don't question it just give it "crap from before .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Vital Inaction would be a great name for a radio show.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:55 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Quote:
Yesterday I stepped on a white woman’s yoga mat by accident and she looked at me like she had woken up to me standing at the foot of her bed, like I had just suggested we murder her husband and run away together. She looked at me like I had escaped from a zoo, like a hippo had found its way into this Brooklyn yoga studio

MOTHERFUCKER. DOES EVERYONE LIVE IN BROOKLYN???

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
Yesterday I stepped on a white woman’s yoga mat by accident and she looked at me like she had woken up to me standing at the foot of her bed, like I had just suggested we murder her husband and run away together. She looked at me like I had escaped from a zoo, like a hippo had found its way into this Brooklyn yoga studio

MOTHERFUCKER. DOES EVERYONE LIVE IN BROOKLYN???

Just every full time barista/part-time freelance writer who is trying to figure out life after finding out that the $120,000 gender studies degree didn't lead to a paying gig.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:49 pm 

Yeah, it would be great to hear a multitude of voices and experiences. Start for once with "doesn't go to a yoga studio in Brooklyn."

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just curious, how much money did she get for her NY trip on "Go fund me"?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Beardown wrote:

Just shy of 2300 last I checked.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Unreal. You've got parents of kids asking for money for their kids with cancer and she gets $2,300 for a trip to NY and spends $200 on brunch while she's there. Oh, and what about the rape victims that need money for an attorney, Julie? How about pay for yourself and give the $2,300 to those girls.

Put it on the card if you don't have it, Julie. Then don't spend so much at fancy restaurants for a couple months to pay it off.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I'd become a pariah for far less.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:

Quote:
Julie DiCaro Retweeted

Quote:

The author of that article sounds like she has serious issues and I would not be surprised if the majority of the incidents she described did not happen as she described them.

If someone wrote similar articles about an ethnicity other than Caucasian they would get absolutely roasted. No comments enabled, I noticed. Wouldn't want the verbal rape or violence of another opinion to be expressed.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:58 pm 

yeah, this garbage is what fills up the internet these days. personal blogs from psychotic, warped human beings that belong in mental institutions.

look at this woman's picture. there is no way "white women" are scared of her. she's practically as white as the women she's pointing fingers at.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Yesterday I stepped on a white woman’s yoga mat by accident and she looked at me like she had woken up to me standing at the foot of her bed, like I had just suggested we murder her husband and run away together. She looked at me like I had escaped from a zoo, like a hippo had found its way into this Brooklyn yoga studio and was casually waiting for the 8 a.m. class to begin. She looked scared, like she had just found out that the world really did end in 2012, and she had been going to yoga three times a week since then for no reason, because she is actually a ghost.

Or it was just early in the morning and she barely even noticed you.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:12 pm 

that paragraph right there is reason enough to commit this lunatic.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
leashyourkids wrote:
Yesterday I stepped on a white woman’s yoga mat by accident and she looked at me like she had woken up to me standing at the foot of her bed, like I had just suggested we murder her husband and run away together. She looked at me like I had escaped from a zoo, like a hippo had found its way into this Brooklyn yoga studio and was casually waiting for the 8 a.m. class to begin. She looked scared, like she had just found out that the world really did end in 2012, and she had been going to yoga three times a week since then for no reason, because she is actually a ghost.

So it's just acceptable to project any goddamned thing onto the amorphous White People now? "This White Person looked at me as though they thought I was inferior because of the color of my skin, ARE WE GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS RACISM, AMERICA?!?!"

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There was something towards the end of the article about how she doesn't sleep with white women anymore . Guess admitting that youre excluding sexual partners based on race is only problematic if you're a 18 yr old hockey player from a podunk town in Russia , otherwise its worthy of a retweet .h

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

So it's just acceptable to project any goddamned thing onto the amorphous White People now? "This White Person looked at me as though they thought I was inferior because of the color of my skin, ARE WE GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS RACISM, AMERICA?!?!"

I think you just have to laugh at them. Otherwise you'll go nuts.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
leashyourkids wrote:

No, no, that's a completely sane interpretation of a two second glance she exchanged with another person.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tad Queasy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

No, no, that's a completely sane interpretation of a two second glance she exchanged with another person.

I'm honestly curious as to how you can completely get any amount of feeling from seeing how someone looks at you for a second. I mean really, WTF

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:33 pm 

Well, glad we all enjoyed that fourth-generation VHS dub of Zadie Smith.

Quote:
On an East London playground in 1999, the kids are playing kiss-chase. It was a playground game and potential site of trauma for many of us, where boys chased girls and girls chased boys, and if you were caught you were kissed. I didn’t play because I didn’t want to chase the boys and also I wasn’t invited to play because the boys certainly did not want to chase me, but I watched, and I wished I was a boy and I wished my boobs would come quickly.

yeah I read Swing Time too

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, glad we all enjoyed that fourth-generation VHS dub of Zadie Smith.

Quote:
On an East London playground in 1999, the kids are playing kiss-chase. It was a playground game and potential site of trauma for many of us, where boys chased girls and girls chased boys, and if you were caught you were kissed. I didn’t play because I didn’t want to chase the boys and also I wasn’t invited to play because the boys certainly did not want to chase me, but I watched, and I wished I was a boy and I wished my boobs would come quickly.

yeah I read Swing Time too

That story is taken from a book?

What is scary about this is that there is praise for this article, and it's utter bullshit. If you say white people are evil, and you are discovering yourself as a queer/trans minority woman you can write any type of incoherent shit. There is a reason that classic books are considered that way. They transcend and can be identified with by people regardless of background. Now? If you say you are a brown-queer woman, and "Princess Jasmine or some shit." People think you are brave.

The best part? She says" I used to date white people, and now - don't." What a brave stance. (But can now put in a tampon). The emperor really has no clothes.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:23 pm 

There's a passage in Swing Time (her latest novel, and a very good one) that bears a close resemblance to that, yeah. In the book I think it's that the boys on the playground are snapping the other girls' bra straps but not hers, or something like that, and she gets envious and depressed. More than that, the author is really going for the whole Zadie Smith vibe in general: bougie Brookhattan via working-class non-white section of London, distrust for well-meaning white liberals mixed with envy and yearning (hellooo, allegedly sleeping with white women in hopes of some sort of purging of one's Otherness). Fine, whatever, I'm glad she read White Teeth.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
There's a passage in Swing Time (her latest novel, and a very good one) that bears a close resemblance to that, yeah. In the book I think it's that the boys on the playground are snapping the other girls' bra straps but not hers, or something like that, and she gets envious and depressed. More than that, the author is really going for the whole Zadie Smith vibe in general: bougie Brookhattan via working-class non-white section of London, distrust for well-meaning white liberals mixed with envy and yearning (hellooo, allegedly sleeping with white women in hopes of some sort of purging of one's Otherness). Fine, whatever, I'm glad she read White Teeth.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:41 pm 

You're missin' out.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's

it sorta has been this way in college for a while

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:13 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
formerlyknownas wrote:

it sorta has been this way in college for a while

Really need some Pinochet death squads to hit American colleges.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:40 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:
There was something towards the end of the article about how she doesn't sleep with white women anymore . Guess admitting that youre excluding sexual partners based on race is only problematic if you're a 18 yr old hockey player from a podunk town in Russia , otherwise its worthy of a retweet .h

Yep.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:32 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Everyone wants to play the victim card nowadays and Julie is leading that charge. The yoga mat story is more bullshit to fill an article. Im 99.9% certain no looks were even exchanged. Much like Julie and all her interactions with people commenting on her choice in radio stations,in the next car over, this shit is so phony that you'd have to be really dense to believe it.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:46 am 

pizza_Place: Tortorice's
leashyourkids wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 433, 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439 ... 1530  Next