It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 1532  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, I'd disagree with that. It's like saying a TV show is "harassing" you. You're free to turn it off any time.
Not it isn't. I mean, literally, it isn't anything like that. Not even a tiny bit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Funny thing about that is DiCaro went after that guy unprovoked. Isn't that the type of stuff she blocks people for? That wasn't her battle to begin with yet she had something to say about it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:04 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Are you honestly saying those tweets are not considered harassment?

They're certainly vile, but for me to call something harassment, it would have to be something I couldn't escape. I'm sure if Julie were a CSFMB member she would consider your argument style "harassment".
I know that there are multiple definitions of harassment but "not being able to escape" is not part of any of them.

The tweet about "next time I'm in Chicago" is clearly harassment.

Here's Webster on "harassment"

Quote:
b (1) : to annoy persistently (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct

Certainly not #1, as the tweets numbered 4 and were sent within moments of each other. Maybe #2, maybe? What was the "unpleasant or hostile situation" created by Julie seeing vile things on her phone? Unpleasant, sure, but is it a "situation" if you can just put your phone down and the "harassment" is abated, or block the guy and never see him tweet something at you again? Uninvited? Hardly, she created a public account, and has numerous times refused to protect her tweets, twitter's most viable way of dealing with trolls.

There's absolutely zero credibility to anything even remotely threatening said by that asshole, so any feeling of hostility or fear is unreasonable and irrational.
It is pretty simple. If he had called her cell phone and said those things we'd all think it is harassment. If your wife or girlfriend got a call that was saying that you'd be thinking she was being harassed.

But, for some reason, with twitter, she should stop being so dramatic.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mitch, Julie will have to stay home until she knows this guy is incarcerated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It was a very specific threat . He knows she works in Chicago.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:19 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jesus, that shit makes our ribbing look tame.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

they'll just give her an ISDN line so she can misspeak from home. I find julie annoying, bad at her job, and her SJW/"look at me taking twitter abuse shtick" to be obnoxious.... but nobody deserves to be talked to in that manner and i would call that harassment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
billypootons wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

they'll just give her an ISDN line so she can misspeak from home. I find julie annoying, bad at her job, and her SJW/"look at me taking twitter abuse shtick" to be obnoxious.... but nobody deserves to be talked to in that manner and i would call that harassment.

:cheers:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
billypootons wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:27 pm 

Well, @1badnight got suspended, so that's good.

I'd like to think we have some loose rules of engagement regarding dear old Julie. Making fun of her scoreboard mistakes or photoshopping her tweets into Garfield cartoons is one thing, but shit's not supposed to get real, this is a message board.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:28 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

:lol: :lol: Stealing that

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:29 pm 

On the other hand, I do think Tim Baffoe should get raped.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
SpiralStairs wrote:
billypootons wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

:lol: that should be used when her SJW team tries to come to her rescue when people attack her dumb thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:34 pm 

Oh, it will be .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:42 pm 

This is a pretty good string of tweets from a guy who used to follow her but ran afoul and was blocked for disagreeing that someone was harassing her.

actually one more thing before I never seen another tweet from you. This whole thing about how you HAVE to be on Twitter is absurd. You could easily have a Twitter handle where you follow everyone that you need to follow from a random account. You don't HAVE to tweet or have a known Twitter handle
but you like this. You think it will advance your career by "handling the trolls". You don't have to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

Some guy saying he's going to re-rape Julie is abhorrent and a childish way to deal with a weird fascination with defending Kobe Bryant, but it's not a "threat" in any reasonable interpretation of the term.

Its also not a threat because technically you can't re-rape someone who's never been raped.

And we already proved in the last thread that her rape story had more holes in it than a upstate NY evidence bag.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Well, I'd disagree with that. It's like saying a TV show is "harassing" you. You're free to turn it off any time.
Not it isn't. I mean, literally, it isn't anything like that. Not even a tiny bit.

In that case, you're harassing me right now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
JORR vs BRick heating up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

spmack wrote:
JORR vs BRick heating up!

If he calls me a fat twat I'm calling the cops.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
shakes wrote:

Some guy saying he's going to re-rape Julie is abhorrent and a childish way to deal with a weird fascination with defending Kobe Bryant, but it's not a "threat" in any reasonable interpretation of the term.

Its also not a threat because technically you can't re-rape someone who's never been raped.

And we already proved in the last thread that her rape story had more holes in it than a upstate NY evidence bag.

This is just a series of great thoughts right here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It is pretty simple. If he had called her cell phone and said those things we'd all think it is harassment. If your wife or girlfriend got a call that was saying that you'd be thinking she was being harassed.

Apples and bowling balls, BRick, come on. A telephone number is a quasi-private (and in some cases literally private) means of direct communication, given out at the discretion of the owner at the time. A public twitter account is indexed and searchable, its tweets able to be seen, and intended to be seen, by anyone with an internet connection.

If my wife or girlfriend was publishing her phone number on the internet regularly for the express purpose of having people interact with her via the telephone, I would say they have quite the weaker position of outrage at having people say things they don't like on the phone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Quote:
Julie DiCaroVerified account
‏@JulieDiCaro Julie DiCaro Retweeted Lukas Mikelionis
Thankfully, the Guardian piece at issue proved it's a gender issue, genius.Julie DiCaro added,
Lukas Mikelionis @LukasMikelionis
Thankfully, there's always a feminist who will make this a gender issue

She's like the anti-vaxxers that will cling to literally anything that bolsters their position, Jesus. Thankfully Julie lives in a bubble where Ramblin Grimace will call her brave for exhaustively blocking people skeptical of her claims.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Apples and bowling balls, BRick, come on. A telephone number is a quasi-private (and in some cases literally private) means of direct communication, given out at the discretion of the owner at the time. A public twitter account is indexed and searchable, its tweets able to be seen, and intended to be seen, by anyone with an internet connection.

If my wife or girlfriend was publishing her phone number on the internet regularly for the express purpose of having people interact with her via the telephone, I would say they have quite the weaker position of outrage at having people say things they don't like on the phone.

Exactly. We shouldn't compare different forms of communication. On Twitter it seems fine for anyone to post any crazy 140 character thought and then when questioned about it, respond with, "I don't owe you an answer." If you did that in person, you'd just be a rude asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:33 pm 

Fine. Let's say someone says that to her in a public park? Is it harassment.

Your problem is your lack of ability to understand that just because it is "the internet" that the rules suddenly change.

So you'd be fine if someone tweeted that the next time they were in the same town that she has a problem?

To put it another way, do you think Julie is asking for it and shouldn't behave in a way that causes a man to harass her?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Fine. Let's say someone says that to her in a public park? Is it harassment?

Of course. I'm sure you don't come at people in person the way you do on this board. That isn't a criticism of you either. You know it would anti-social, but in this forum it's fine and you're a respected guy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'm confused. Did the dude threaten to rape her? If so, it's wrong and should be shouted down by everyone. There is really no context needed. The method of communication is irrelevant.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
denisdman wrote:
That guy needs to be banned. We can all criticize Julie for plenty of stuff related to on air performance or the some of the silly stuff she tweets. But that guy went way over the line. To make it worse, he continued it with several tweets and even referenced Chicago.

Let's not allow our dislike of her opinions blind us from people being way out of line.

And to equate what goes around here (where we sorta know one another and get the jokes) to that type of stuff on Twitter is pretty off base.

or you can just ignore her and let her deal with issues she creates?

Lets talk IDITAROD!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
I'm confused. Did the dude threaten to rape her? If so, it's wrong and should be shouted down by everyone. There is really no context needed. The method of communication is irrelevant.

We're not discussing whether the guy is a jerk-off. That isn't in question. We're discussing whether it's harassment, a traumatic event, a real threat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:13 pm 

Twitter is more analogous to writing a threat on a wall in graffiti style

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

We're not discussing whether the guy is a jerk-off. That isn't in question. We're discussing whether it's harassment, a traumatic event, a real threat.

If a guy says "I'm going to come to where you live, find you, and rape you," that's pretty cut and dried, I think. There's a lot of ambiguous bullshit in her twitter escapades, but this isn't that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 1532  Next