It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 1530  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tad Queasy wrote:
jason88cubs wrote:
Julie writes about her rape (again)

Titled Dear Lou Bettino: (The guy who said "who would rape you?"

https://medium.com/@JulieDiCaro/dear-lo ... 4a94177040

She said she hadn't thought of her rape for a week (year right) but the night he(Lou) messaged her about her rape, she had night mares of it )LOL)

Which version of her rape did she have a nightmare about? She has two very different accounts out there.

yeah, I refuse to give clicks to a piece she links to. Anyone want to copy and paste?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 am 

jason88cubs wrote:

She said she hadn't thought of her rape for a week (year right) but the night he(Lou) messaged her about her rape, she had night mares of it )LOL)

Looks like Lou got in her head!
Wow. Can't believe someone would have nightmares about being raped. What a dummy she is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Somebody wants attention because there is a solid, well spoken and thoughtful female voice on the score today.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yeah Im not looking for sympathy . I just keep referencing the piece I wrote constantly.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
jason88cubs wrote:

Looks like Lou got in her head!
Wow. Can't believe someone would have nightmares about being raped. What a dummy she is.

George Costanza wrote:
Its not a lie if you believe it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah Im not looking for sympathy . I just keep referencing the piece I wrote constantly.

No, the point was to use his name over and over and post it online so it would be at the top of search results if anyone googled him. I don't care if that's how you want to get back at him, but don't act like it was some private catharsis.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:

She can certainly write things down and move on. She doesn't have to post it on social media unless she wants attention.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: pizza hut
I bet that wasn't even the guys actual name

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Not sure why it's so important to some of you to believe she wasn't actually raped.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Quote:
You see, Lou Bettino, until I received your message, I hadn’t thought about my rape for almost a week. I’d been thinking about lots of other things, my kids, my dogs, where my career was headed, whether picking up Boston Market for dinner made me a bad (or worse, a lazy) mother.

Does dipping out on your kid's birthday for a D-rate fantasy football endorsement deal win you an award?

Quote:
I’d been busy working on my a story for a media outlet I’d long wanted to write for. I’d been thinking about writing a book. My carpets need to be cleaned.

It reads like Hillary's book.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:13 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Not sure why it's so important to some of you to believe she wasn't actually raped.

Because she can't keep her story straight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:20 am 

jason88cubs wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Why give a shit?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If you follow her every move on Twitter, you're likely to be annoyed. It's like spending too much time hearing/reading the incoherent thoughts of someone that you genuinely disagree with and find to be unlikeable. The only way to keep your sanity is to ignore said person. Now if I could only take my own advice and stop reading Rozner....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:30 am 

KDdidit wrote:
jason88cubs wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Why give a shit?

I think if you were raped and was conscious during ut like she studs she was I think you'd remember the details and not get it confused

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:30 am 

KDdidit wrote:

Not sure about the importance of it, but I think that her rape has become such a big part of her brand (it's why she was on Deadspin, it was the linchpin of the video that bought a Peabody, etc.) that it would be a pretty big deal if it wasn't entirely factual.

Thing is, I can't tell what is driving some of the inconsistencies in her recounting of the event, it would likely be fading memories of a horrific, traumatic experience—that would explain the peripheral inconsistencies regarding where she went/what she did afterwards (she has said she went back to the foam party, other times she said she went to her hotel room). But that doesn't explain the time she tried to make her rape about US gun laws, wherein a now-deleted tweet she said something like "a good guy with a gun didn't stop my rape".

There, I see two options: either in her haste to make a news item about herself and further her brand, she forgot her trauma was caused in a different country and would be unaffected by US concealed carry laws, or that the entire event is fabricated, and it has gotten to the point where she believes she can retcon the narrative to fit the topic de jour. Both options belie certain negative personality traits.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Not sure about the importance of it, but I think that her rape has become such a big part of her brand (it's why she was on Deadspin, it was the linchpin of the video that bought a Peabody, etc.) that it would be a pretty big deal if it wasn't entirely factual.

Thing is, I can't tell what is driving some of the inconsistencies in her recounting of the event, it would likely be fading memories of a horrific, traumatic experience—that would explain the peripheral inconsistencies regarding where she went/what she did afterwards (she has said she went back to the foam party, other times she said she went to her hotel room). But that doesn't explain the time she tried to make her rape about US gun laws, wherein a now-deleted tweet she said something like "a good guy with a gun didn't stop my rape".

There, I see two options: either in her haste to make a news item about herself and further her brand, she forgot her trauma was caused in a different country and would be unaffected by US concealed carry laws, or that the entire event is fabricated, and it has gotten to the point where she believes she can retcon the narrative to fit the topic de jour. Both options belie certain negative personality traits.

http://time.com/3625414/rape-trauma-brain-memory/

Opinions are better when they are informed. There is a TON of info on the effects of trauma on a persons memory of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 am 

Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Opinions are better when they are informed. There is a TON of info on the effects of trauma on a persons memory of it.

...yeah, did I not say that the inconsistencies are likely explained as fading memories of a traumatic event? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said.

Quote:
it would likely be fading memories of a horrific, traumatic experience—that would explain the peripheral inconsistencies regarding where she went/what she did afterwards (she has said she went back to the foam party, other times she said she went to her hotel room).

Yep, it is.

It's also worth noting that the impetus for that TIME piece is the fabricated Rolling Stone rape story.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:43 am 

KDdidit wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Let's be real, jln obsession with jdc stems from the fact she is a no talent hack with a job in Chicago radio market while jln is grinding it out still waiting for a call.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:50 am 

billypootons wrote:
Let's be real, jln obsession with jdc stems from the fact she is a no talent hack with a job in Chicago radio market while jln is grinding it out still waiting for a call.

I believe I've said before that Julie has done exactly what needs to be done to have the job she does. She grinded it out, worked for free, then for a startup, then had enough of a resume to get the call at CBS (Bernstein's Boobgate didn't exactly hurt). She's as deserving, resume-wise, as anyone else, and certainly more deserving than me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Seacrest wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

it's one thing to say "I can't remember where the traumatic event occured". It's another thing to say the event took place somewhere, then on a day when it fits an argument you're making on gun control, suddenly the event location changes to the States. It doesn't look good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
it's one thing to say "I can't remember where the traumatic event occured". It's another thing to say the event took place somewhere, then on a day when it fits an argument you're making on gun control, suddenly the event location changes to the States. It doesn't look good.

I think that may be misstating exactly what she said. She said a good guy with a gun didn't stop her rape. A good guy with a gun could have been in Mexico. It seems like people made the leap that she was talking about it happening in the United States when it was at best unclear.

To assume she forgot the location of it, whether made up or not, is pretty unbelievable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I think that may be misstating exactly what she said. She said a good guy with a gun didn't stop her rape. A good guy with a gun could have been in Mexico. It seems like people made the leap that she was talking about it happening in the United States when it was at best unclear.

To assume she forgot the location of it, whether made up or not, is pretty unbelievable.

It was in direct reference to a discussion of US gun laws. Perhaps even quoting a story on gun laws, but I cannot recall for certain. BRogue may have a screengrab of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

It was in direct reference to a discussion of US gun laws. Perhaps even quoting a story on gun laws, but I cannot recall for certain. BRogue may have a screengrab of it.
I understand it was but guns exist in Mexico too. I think it was more just her injecting that part of her life into another story.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hopefully she gets again

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

she was clearly referencing the States specifically. There is no question. And she used her traumatic experience to make a point about gun control. There's a reason she deleted the tweet.

I don't post in this thread that often. I'm not a Julie hater. I don't have any doubt she was raped. I do think she tried to use that traumatic experience to make another point, and fact checkers caught her error.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
This thread continues to be productive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:22 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

she was clearly referencing the States specifically. There is no question. And she used her traumatic experience to make a point about gun control. There's a reason she deleted the tweet.

I don't post in this thread that often. I'm not a Julie hater. I don't have any doubt she was raped. I do think she tried to use that traumatic experience to make another point, and fact checkers caught her error.
I think she deleted it because it was a dumb tweet and she even realized it didn't fit.

I just don't think she suddenly forgot that it happened in Mexico even if she was lying about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
denisdman wrote:
This thread continues to be productive.

Yup.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:26 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I think she deleted it because it was a dumb tweet and she even realized it didn't fit.

I just don't think she suddenly forgot that it happened in Mexico even if she was lying about it.

I don't think she forgot...I think she thought people forgot and tried to use it to illustrate a point. Again, I think she was raped.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 1530  Next