It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:07 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
You're right, but that's the whole point. The reason some shit is more popular is because it appeals to a larger group. You don't get rich targeting Generation X.
Yet...

Those guys will one day yearn for the music of their prime years just like I will one day and I'll be like "Oh cool, this station plays Basket Case, Jesus Of Suburbia and When I Come Around!".

Though, Pandora may end that whole thing.

I used to think that Rick but 70's Rock has been claiming classic status since I was a kid (bout 30 years)

That's because there is no popular music anymore. My generation was probably the last one to have common musical experiences because we had to because there was nothing else to do/listen to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac FM wrote:
1. The sun rising in the East.

2. Winter in Chicago sucking.

3. Meaningless Bears yak yak in the offseason.....

... is this board rushing to judgment on a radio program. It's amusing.

The show is off to a terrific start. Bosses are pleased. Showmates and I are happy.

Just a couple thoughts before you go back to trashing it or getting on to the next interview with Pernell McPhee's college roomate....

1. The show will sound much different in six months than it does today. It will sound even more different a year from now. #softlaunch

2. I took this job for me... nobody else. I beg your pardon, but I don't care how many sports radio or talk radio listeners come aboard. The auditorium was full when Pete and I got here. #bestmusicevermade

3. Beardown has a truth-telling style. #gettingoutofbed

Carry on. Now here's Aerosmith.
Congrats to the laziest POS in Chicago radio. You're lazy ass finally got a job that you put in NO work but get a check.

Too bad you have to get up early, but other than that you have your dream job, no work, but hope for people to kiss your lazy ass. Too bad, but this board shows by the comments that you are a lay sellout with nothing to offer. Some of us have known that for years. Go back to drugs you stupid lazy drug addicted asshole.
BTW FUCK OFF and go get your lazy ass SHINEBOX.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
:shock:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
It's always interesting to me to observe how guys like SID mellow through the years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It's always interesting to me to observe how guys like SID mellow through the years.

Yep. the years have mellowed me. Mac is still the most useless piece of LAZY shit out there.

won't be long before we read about the rehab again.

Hopefully, for the last fucking time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown: I don't care what they say about you, Mac. All of the bad stuff. Be it SID, Goff, Bernstein, Terry, Larry, Chet, that Lady who made a snide comment to you when you wet your pants...

Mac: Alright!!!! I get it!!! Lots of people say bad things about me. Finish your point.

Beardown: :lol: Just saying, I don't care what they say, I think you're one of the good ones.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:05 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
1. The sun rising in the East.

2. Winter in Chicago sucking.

3. Meaningless Bears yak yak in the offseason.....

... is this board rushing to judgment on a radio program. It's amusing.

The show is off to a terrific start. Bosses are pleased. Showmates and I are happy.

Just a couple thoughts before you go back to trashing it or getting on to the next interview with Pernell McPhee's college roomate....

1. The show will sound much different in six months than it does today. It will sound even more different a year from now. #softlaunch

2. I took this job for me... nobody else. I beg your pardon, but I don't care how many sports radio or talk radio listeners come aboard. The auditorium was full when Pete and I got here. #bestmusicevermade

3. Beardown has a truth-telling style. #gettingoutofbed

Carry on. Now here's Aerosmith.
Congrats to the laziest POS in Chicago radio. You're lazy ass finally got a job that you put in NO work but get a check.

Too bad you have to get up early, but other than that you have your dream job, no work, but hope for people to kiss your lazy ass. Too bad, but this board shows by the comments that you are a lay sellout with nothing to offer. Some of us have known that for years. Go back to drugs you stupid lazy drug addicted asshole.
BTW FUCK OFF and go get your lazy ass SHINEBOX.

Perfectly normal for a person to act this way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:20 am 

Darkside wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
no and I really don't completely believe it but I don't want to take this into another direction on how I would derive meaning

Think about it even at the highest level: a doctor saves a life...big deal, it's one in 4 billion and that person is going to die some day anyway

This might be the most cynical and obnoxious thing I've read in years.

you need to read more. That isn't an original thought.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:24 am 

Darkside wrote:
For the record, Mac, I am happy for you to be doing what you love.
I'm doing what I love too, and as I was unhappy as fuck as a VoIP System Designer I've found a love for the machines that keep us warm in a way I couldn't really explain to anyone, especially my stupid aunts and uncles who constantly tell me how any idiot can do this work (they can't) and I am wasting my potential (I probably am) and that I should have been a lawyer or a doctor (yeah, you want me cutting you open).

But... I'm guessing these guys aren't your audience any longer.

I understand that there is a feeling here that maybe, after listening to you arguably made you the man you are today (in reference to your point about having made millions in sports talk), they may feel some abandonment.

However, to thine owns self be true.

I don't feel abandoned. Like I said, follow your passion. I sure would have loved a people's champion to battle against the current leader in Chicago sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:19 am 

On my commute to train today, turned on the drive, only to hear Segar's "Old Time Rock n Roll" at 6:55.....
My god, why this song gets played as much as it does is something I'll never know, just think if
HeadEast - Never Been any Reason, or Frampton's Do You Feel Like I do, or Santana Winning or
Open Invitation had been played at that time, my morning would have been so much better...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Sarge wrote:
On my commute to train today, turned on the drive, only to hear Segar's "Old Time Rock n Roll" at 6:55.....
My god, why this song gets played as much as it does is something I'll never know, just think if
HeadEast - Never Been any Reason, or Frampton's Do You Feel Like I do, or Santana Winning or
Open Invitation had been played at that time, my morning would have been so much better...

Agreed,I hate that friggin' song,too. It's comparable to "i want to be a rockstar" by the dreaded Nickelback!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
jimmypasta wrote:
Sarge wrote:

Agreed,I hate that friggin' song,too. It's comparable to "i want to be a rockstar" by the dreaded Nickelback!

I'll subscribe to that newsletter ... OTRnR should be taken off the airwaves for at least a year ... delete the entire Boston catalog while we're at it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
While I was in my Brandmeier drought, I went through the back catalog of podcasts -- he had Seger as an interviewee and Seger mentioned that he didn't take a song writing credit for OTRnR and sees basically no money from it. Calls it the biggest mistake of his life -- apparently the writers sold it to Hardee's for a commercial and it didn't sit well with Seger and his principles. </SHARK>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:42 am 

newper wrote:
apparently the writers sold it to Hardee's for a commercial and it didn't sit well with Seger and his principles. </SHARK>

Bob Seger, Who ya crappin?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
listening to some Neil Young at the moment - seems like he's been kind of erased off the classic rock playlists. Southern Man, Ohio, Heart of Gold, holy crap did they used to hammer those songs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Karaoke?? What's next? Guitar Hero?

LMFAO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:48 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hatchetman wrote:
listening to some Neil Young at the moment - seems like he's been kind of erased off the classic rock playlists. Southern Man, Ohio, Heart of Gold, holy crap did they used to hammer those songs.

Found it strange that Loop/Drive/XRT never played "Powderfinger" or "Lookin' for a Love." I love those songs, and they're very radio-friendly!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Rehab is for quitters.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:02 am 

Was driving through Naperville this morning and thought I'd give Mac another shot. They were talking about Bill Kurtis reading Van Halen lyrics. Sounded like it might have been funny but I only caught the tail-end.

Thing is - the signal was horrible. Are they running a transmitter on AA batteries? There's no way, in 2015, I'm listening to a static-y signal, especially on a music channel.

I suppose I could stream it though my phone but that's kind of a pain. Surprised at what a lousy signal that was.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 am 

Was driving through Naperville this morning and thought I'd give Mac another shot. They were talking about Bill Kurtis reading Van Halen lyrics. Sounded like it might have been funny but I only caught the tail-end.

Thing is - the signal was horrible. Are they running a transmitter on AA batteries? There's no way, in 2015, I'm listening to a static-y signal, especially on a music channel.

I suppose I could stream it though my phone but that's kind of a pain. Surprised at what a lousy signal that was.

That's surprising. WDRV usually has a stong signal and can be heard even out in Dekalb.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:19 am 

Maybe it was just some weird issue with that area then. But, it was pretty bad for a 2 mile stretch before I turned it off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Douchebag wrote:

That's surprising. WDRV usually has a stong signal and can be heard even out in Dekalb.

Curtis' reading of the lyrics was pretty funny.

WDRV's signal usually comes in strong, but it's occasionally a tad static-y at our office in Mt. Prospect.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
is mac FM really mac or is it an amazing mult?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:41 am 

There was some pretty good chit chat on the show today. I've noticed that Mac is starting to introduce more and more Mac-isms and expressions that people familiar with his work on WSCR and AM1000 would be familiar with into their show.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I just never listen to FM radio. Dan needs to go back to sports talk. Enough of this crap! Maybe this would be a good move in the 1970's when FM was king, but it's all about mp3's and Sirius radio. No one listens to FM radio!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:24 am 

Mac introduced the idea of a "Show Pot" on today's show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac introduced the idea of a "Show Pot" on today's show.

I'm sure it won't be quite the same without Spiegel to piss on it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
blackhawksfan wrote:
Enough of this crap! Maybe this would be a good move in the 1970's when FM was king, but it's all about mp3's and Sirius radio.

while i personally use mp3s, i think you're underestimating the reach of pandora, spotify, one called tidal launched this week (you want me to pay for digital music and NOT keep it? ok then) and apple's got one coming out this year, as tidal was quickly rushed out there and stamped with jay-z and taylor swift and someone else's approval to beat apple to the punhc.

in other news i think i've got a loose bowel and i'm going to go take care of that in the name of paying for streaming internet radio.

don't forget podcasts dude!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

I hope none of you guys are tuning into the DRIVE only because Mac is there. I PREDICT Mac will be doing late nights on WLS in five years. He will then be coming on this SPORTS FAN MESSAGE BOARD talking down to us about how he now has his dream job. He will also be telling us how he hated being on a boring Classic Rock station where people with very little musical tastes go to listen. We will also hear about how he fell off the wagon a couple of more times and how many times he has evolved. Mac is a condescending tool who acts as if sports talk is so beneath him while also pointing out how he "made millions" talking sports waaaaaay back when it was cool because he was doing it.

We've all heard this bullshit for years. He use to brag about his "great" time slot and success in the afternoon on both sports stations. He put down North for his mid day success at the Score saying Mid days were much easier. He then went to mid days saying it was where he wanted to be at this point in his life. He loved it so much he lost his mind. Now he's on in the morning spinning records and its soooo great. He talks less and plays the same fifty songs over and over again. Congrats. You are now Johnny Fever.

Sounds like Mac's bar is set lower and lower as the years pass by. Based on his mental health problems he has battled, the best move may have been to shut it down. Go away Mac. You are now Mike North. No one cares about you anymore. You are embarrassing yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't need to feel important to you, Mr. Belvidere. You keep grindin' it on on your leather ass. It's noble work you're doing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next