It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:27 pm 

G.O.P. wrote:
Sleuth wrote:
Why the FUCK would anyone be clamoring for a Mac/spiegal unification

You always combine opposites when you get the chance.

Good call. Spiegs and Goff arent opposing in fact both of them want to be a black man.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Mac is NOT going back to the Score or ESPN. If anything, he will be going the way of Mike North. Just less racist.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Telegram Sam wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
from Feder

Dan McNeil erupts at The Drive, follows up with "You Really Got Me"

That is pretty good there.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Be ironic if Solk got fired for protecting Mac, then Mac gets fired for praising Solk.

Be happy you are getting a paycheck of any kind and STFU

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:01 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Be ironic if Solk got fired for protecting Mac, then Mac gets fired for praising Solk.

Solk was running Hubbard's entire cluster: the Mix, the Drive, and the always inscrutable 100.3. There had to be bigger corporate problems than one guy on one morning show.

As an aside, I'll never forget the time Hubbard brought Robert Murphy in to do mornings on 100.3, then fired him for doing too well in the ratings, thereby cannibalizing Eric and Kathy's market share. Corporate radio!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mac is out again today. McMurray and producer Scott Miller are doing the show.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Mac will need to find a new city.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hmm, bet we get a Mac appearance around these parts shortly.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:53 am 

bigfan wrote:
I assume mac would have given Solk his due on the air and acknolwedged that the guy put together the best radio station ever.

Johnny B, Kev, Steve and Garry...........and Ed till?tyll?, who gives a shit, Tyll was perfect as the guy you would have had anywhere else, instead here he was the shit end of the stick.

wasn't stern on at that time as well?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac is out again today. McMurray and producer Scott Miller are doing the show.

Love Mac's fire and passion but I don't think 97.1 FM is going to deal with his crap for long.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 am 

good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:
I assume mac would have given Solk his due on the air and acknolwedged that the guy put together the best radio station ever.

Johnny B, Kev, Steve and Garry...........and Ed till?tyll?, who gives a shit, Tyll was perfect as the guy you would have had anywhere else, instead here he was the shit end of the stick.

I don't think so. I know Stern was on CKG with Brandmeier, Kev, Dahl, and McMurray in the late '90s. Prior to that, I believe he was on the old pre-Score 1160 that was kind of a mishmosh of local and syndicated talkers who weren't at WLS, WGN, or 1000. If Stern was on the Loop at any point, it would have been during the simulcast and running against Brandmeier.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
IMU wrote:

Afternoon drive in Fargo.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:17 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:

That little Warren Freiberg station in Lansing, or the Gary one with T Dub

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
NorthtoNorth.com. It makes sense.

Green Bay radio.

WEBIO DEUX!!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I don't think so. I know Stern was on CKG with Brandmeier, Kev, Dahl, and McMurray in the late '90s. Prior to that, I believe he was on the old pre-Score 1160 that was kind of a mishmosh of local and syndicated talkers who weren't at WLS, WGN, or 1000. If Stern was on the Loop at any point, it would have been during the simulcast and running against Brandmeier.

Stern was on AM1000 against Steve and Garry when they flipped 97.9 from rock to FM talk. Both were working for Evergreen (?) at the time, Stern sued Evergreen for something, like they didn't promote his show or set him up to fail in the market to protect their other interests. When Steve and Garry broke up, AM100 became WMVP and Dahl moved to mornings there. I think Howard was taken off or his contract was up. The next place he showed up was 1160, as you said.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:29 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
bigfan wrote:

I think Stern was briefly on WCKG in the mid 90's after his stint on the Loop, was canned again & got stuck on WJJD in the mid to late 90's. I remember being pissed when I "agreed" to move out to the south suburbs in '95 & couldn't get their crappy signal.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:32 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Green Bay radio.

That is his dream job.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Green Bay radio.

Glad you're back!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:51 am 

Telegram Sam wrote:
Stern was on AM1000 against Steve and Garry when they flipped 97.9 from rock to FM talk. Both were working for Evergreen (?) at the time, Stern sued Evergreen for something, like they didn't promote his show or set him up to fail in the market to protect their other interests. When Steve and Garry broke up, AM100 became WMVP and Dahl moved to mornings there. I think Howard was taken off or his contract was up. The next place he showed up was 1160, as you said.

Thanks. I forgot about Steve and Garry doing mornings again. AM1000 was a little before my time; I've had to enjoy it through my dad's old airchecks. That's how I found the Dead Milkmen.

It's so weird to think that WLUP was probably the best radio station of all time, but only lasted maybe six or seven years. Better to burn out than to fade away.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
The Loop took the city by storm when they started out. How hot was Lorelei?! Pretty damn hot to a junior high kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENQhHdkEN0

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Mac FM wrote:
I've got a year and a half left ton my deal and I love it here.

not anymore, I guess.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hopefully Mac comes back to the Score. For whatever faults he has, he's still far better than in any other sports radio guy in this town the past 15-20 years.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Curious Hair wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

Thanks. I forgot about Steve and Garry doing mornings again. AM1000 was a little before my time; I've had to enjoy it through my dad's old airchecks. That's how I found the Dead Milkmen.

It's so weird to think that WLUP was probably the best radio station of all time, but only lasted maybe six or seven years. Better to burn out than to fade away.

FMT The Mighty Met was better

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Hopefully Mac comes back to the Score. For whatever faults he has, he's still far better than in any other sports radio guy in this town the past 15-20 years.

No doubt. He isn't trying to be a SJW, or the smartest guy in the room. Just a guy who loves football, gambling, and Peter North. He is the only guy who is real.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Perhaps this was strategy on Mac's part? Maybe he's trying to get fired. That way he gets paid for the duration of the contract and then makes the move back to the SCORE.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
chaspoppcap wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:

FMT The Mighty Met was better

WFMT was, and is, a classical station. The Mighty Met was, um, WMET.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Little Shark fact for you. WMET created two for Tuesday in Chicago not the loop.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
IMU wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next