It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac Snore
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 am 
1000 CLUB

Done! I give six months til the next "needed time off" JUst retire already.

Post subject: Re: Mac Snore
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Mr. Belvidere wrote:

Damn! That's pretty harsh. Were there streaks on the China this morning or something?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Matches Malone wrote:
Mr. Belvidere wrote:

Damn! That's pretty harsh. Were there streaks on the China this morning or something?

That never mattered before -- who cares?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I disagree. I think the new format is going to keep Mac far more interested. Lets face it, during Baseball season (especially as the Chicago teams struggled the past few years) Mac was pretty disinterested in the sports scene during the summer. With more topics to cover, I think those kinds of issues may no longer exist. I am sorry he will not be back at the Score, ESPN or some other sports talk station, but for him, this may be a great change. I will give it a listen. However, I am not a big rock and roll guy, who wants to listen to a great deal of that kind of talk, so may well flip between Mac and other stations when the music talk gets a bit boring to me. But I wish Mac all the best and hope this move will prove to be a great one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I disagree. I think the new format is going to keep Mac far more interested. Lets face it, during Baseball season (especially as the Chicago teams struggled the past few years) Mac was pretty disinterested in the sports scene during the summer. With more topics to cover, I think those kinds of issues may no longer exist. I am sorry he will not be back at the Score, ESPN or some other sports talk station, but for him, this may be a great change. I will give it a listen. However, I am not a big rock and roll guy, who wants to listen to a great deal of that kind of talk, so may well flip between Mac and other stations when the music talk gets a bit boring to me. But I wish Mac all the best and hope this move will prove to be a great one.

Breathe, Steve before taking so many slurps. My goodness.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Amusing how many chances Mac gets with his fans.

God forbid my guy,North gets another shot!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:17 pm 

spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Amazing coming from Silvy's guy!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hawg Ass wrote:
spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Hey that's different! I've never painted Silvy's house!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:27 pm 

spmack wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Pffttt....that we know of.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
spmack wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
spmack wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

You've spray painted the back of his throat, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:52 pm 

newper wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Mr. Belvidere wrote:

That never mattered before -- who cares?!

Making predictions on the Mac show as you came in the thread...no one cares!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The problem here is that for the 2nd time in a row, Mac has a terrible co-host. Pete McMurray sucks.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Scorehead wrote:
The problem here is that for the 2nd time in a row, Mac has a terrible co-host. Pete McMurray sucks.

I think the choice of co-host is irrelevant here, considering this comment from Mac in his message last week:
Quote:
"For the most devoted Drive fans, rest assured the backbone of the radio station will remain the music."

In between the constant music, news/ weather/traffic updates, and commercials, how much time is going to be left for a meaningful discussion from two co-hosts?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Steve, glad you chimed in.

People like to be reminded how truly stupid you are.
Thanks again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Scorehead wrote:

You have it reversed. Pete is stuck with the loser addict, Mac, as the partner. Mac isn't a star,
just a washed up has been.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:52 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

You have it reversed. Pete is stuck with the loser addict, Mac, as the partner. Mac isn't a star,
just a washed up has been.

I see there has been progress made, you at least admit he was something now, congrats.