It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac FM wrote:
I don't need to feel important to you, Mr. Belvidere. You keep grindin' it on on your leather ass. It's noble work you're doing.

I don't want you to get depressed Mac, but no one seems to care enough to respond to you in almost 12 hours.

:-P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
And like a moth to a flame, you reply to a Mac post.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Score is doomed wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
I don't need to feel important to you, Mr. Belvidere. You keep grindin' it on on your leather ass. It's noble work you're doing.

I don't want you to get depressed Mac, but no one seems to care enough to respond to you in almost 12 hours.

:-P

We're all anticipating the great two fers tomorrow too much to respond. Maybe they'll play a John Mellencamp one!!!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
If it's Play Guitar and Jackie Brown, I'm in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:56 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
We're all anticipating the great two fers tomorrow too much to respond. Maybe they'll play a John Mellencamp one!!!!

Wrong classic rock station.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac FM wrote:

:lol: Enjoy your millions Mac Daddy. And dont forget to take your meds.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Oh. So they'll only play one Mellencamp song then? Hope its Jack and Diane!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:54 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Oh. So they'll only play one Mellencamp song then? Hope its Jack and Diane!!

Tough call, that or "Rain on the Scarecrow."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Tuned in this morning to see if the talk to music ratio has changed. Sadly it hasn't. I think I set a land speed record for PTFB after hearing Eddie Money's "2 Tickets to Paradise."

Try again in another month or so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:43 am 

I passively hear the show before swimming. It's better than Eric and Kathy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
little more talking as time goes on. I got a chuckle hearing Mac talk about grilling cheeseburgers over live coals. couldn't decide swiss or blue. McMurray says, "rich people problems."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:05 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
It's better than Eric and Kathy.

So is a root canal.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
little more talking as time goes on. I got a chuckle hearing Mac talk about grilling cheeseburgers over live coals. couldn't decide swiss or blue. McMurray says, "rich people problems."

:lol: Sorry I missed it. I was too busy listening to irrelevant Bears talk to tune into Mac enlightening me about grilling cheeseburgers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I got 2 tickets to paradise, won't you setup the charcoal and we can grill tonight!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 am 

Juiced wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

:lol: Sorry I missed it. I was too busy listening to irrelevant Bears talk to tune into Mac enlightening me about grilling cheeseburgers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I got 2 tickets to paradise, won't you setup the charcoal and we can grill tonight!"

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:55 am 

Dan was in the Sunday Sun Times with the decades younger than he looks Dale Bowman. I thought outdoorsmen are supposed to look young.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mac has been critical of Eddie Vedder in the past (I don't think he understood Pearl Jam's issues with Ticketmaster and he thought Vedder wasn't as friendly as he could have been when he was on with the HFC at one point -- funny coming from the guy who criticized Frank Thomas for not being friendly enough), and Vedder was a guest on the show this morning with Mac and Pete. Pete did the whole interview by himself, you wouldn't have even know Mac was there as you didn't hear a peep out of him. I would have liked Mac to have been a professional and participated in the interview, but that didn't happen.

Vedder told a nice story about spending time with Ernie Banks backstage at Wrigley during the 2 hour rain delay at their concert two years ago and how Banks called him a couple of days later and they talked about baseball for a couple of hours. Kudos to Pete for doing a good interview.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac has been critical of Eddie Vedder in the past (I don't think he understood Pearl Jam's issues with Ticketmaster and he thought Vedder wasn't as friendly as he could have been when he was on with the HFC at one point -- funny coming from the guy who criticized Frank Thomas for not being friendly enough), and Vedder was a guest on the show this morning with Mac and Pete. Pete did the whole interview by himself, you wouldn't have even know Mac was there as you didn't hear a peep out of him. I would have liked Mac to have been a professional and participated in the interview, but that didn't happen.

Vedder told a nice story about spending time with Ernie Banks backstage at Wrigley during the 2 hour rain delay at their concert two years ago and how Banks called him a couple of days later and they talked about baseball for a couple of hours. Kudos to Pete for doing a good interview.

In fairness to Mac he spent that segment preparing to hit the post on Kashmir coming out of the next break.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac has been critical of Eddie Vedder in the past, and Vedder was a guest on the show this morning with Mac and Pete. Pete did the whole interview by himself, you wouldn't have even know Mac was there as you didn't hear a peep out of him. I would have liked Mac to have been a professional and participated in the interview, but that didn't happen.

Vedder told a nice story about spending time with Ernie Banks backstage at Wrigley during the 2 hour rain delay at their concert two years ago and how Banks called him a couple of days later and they talked about baseball for a couple of hours.

That goes back to the Heavy Fuel Crew days. If either Terry or Mac didn't care for the guest they would sit out the interview. I distinctly remember Mac remaining silent for a Jim Durham gab fest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:47 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
In fairness to Mac he spent that segment preparing to hit the post on Kashmir coming out of the next break.

I know you're joking, but it's also funny that for a station that sucks its own dick about Respecting The Music, their jocks sure do like to hit the post. If you're gonna play "Kashmir," get the hell out of the way!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I know you're joking, but it's also funny that for a station that sucks its own dick about Respecting The Music, their jocks sure do like to hit the post. If you're gonna play "Kashmir," get the hell out of the way!

I still find it a little incongruous that Robert Murphy is a time and temp weekend afternoon/ night jock on WLS ( I think) these days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:13 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
I still find it a little incongruous that Robert Murphy is a time and temp weekend afternoon/ night jock on WLS ( I think) these days.

Cumulus is really flailing with that station. They had Biondi and Landecker chugging along, but then made them play safe boring "classic hits" instead of actual oldies. The whole point of the WLS brand is to rekindle memories of old Chicago top 40 radio and its jocks, then they brought in some guy from Washington named Jack Diamond (WHOOOOOOOO, JACK DIAMOND! DA-DA, DA-DA-DA, DA-DA-DA-DA!) whom no one has ever heard of and wouldn't care about. And then they stuck Robert Murphy on there because I dunno, he was around, even though he was an old Q101 guy and fits the format even less than Dick Biondi does.

Still, as much of a hash as they've made of the place, we should thank our lucky stars that Clear Channel flipped 95.5 to country and preempted a flip to this NASH-FM thing that's infecting radio markets around the country. It's not just a radio station, it's a lifestyle!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Aerosmith blows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mac FM when is the air guitar contest?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't listen to Dan's new show, just see an occasional tweet about some song he's going to play from some band from the 1980's.

I don't even mean to be insulting, but that classic song isn't going to change in spite of Dan's great memories of that artist/song, and it's been played on various stations thousands of times since Dan has given the green light to play it again.

I love classic rock, but it's old. There's nothing new.

If you wanted to hear Dan talk about something, from what others say, it's in between a song or commercial. It may be a great job, but it doesn't sound like a great listen unless you want to be romanced by songs you've heard over over for decades now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I work with a guy who couldn't understand why I was sick of "Chinagrove".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:21 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:

Eddie Vedder is the John Wall of classic Rock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Brandy...You're a Fine Girl.

So bad it's good. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mac is going to be on with Kap and Haugh tomorrow. Not sure what time, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Hatchetman wrote:

Actually Looking Glass was a hard rock act that just happened to release that song as a single by chance and it caught on with DJs on the east coast. People went to their shows expecting Brandy-like material and were dissapointed. I had one of their albums as a youth not very good. Got lucky with that song.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Scooter wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Actually Looking Glass was a hard rock act that just happened to release that song as a single by chance and it caught on with DJs on the east coast. People went to their shows expecting Brandy-like material and were dissapointed. I had one of their albums as a youth not very good. Got lucky with that song.

I named my first dog after that song. She lived 19.5 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next