It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: As predictable as ????
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:15 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
1. The sun rising in the East.

2. Winter in Chicago sucking.

3. Meaningless Bears yak yak in the offseason.....

... is this board rushing to judgment on a radio program. It's amusing.

The show is off to a terrific start. Bosses are pleased. Showmates and I are happy.

Just a couple thoughts before you go back to trashing it or getting on to the next interview with Pernell McPhee's college roomate....

1. The show will sound much different in six months than it does today. It will sound even more different a year from now. #softlaunch

2. I took this job for me... nobody else. I beg your pardon, but I don't care how many sports radio or talk radio listeners come aboard. The auditorium was full when Pete and I got here. #bestmusicevermade

3. Beardown has a truth-telling style. #gettingoutofbed

Carry on. Now here's Aerosmith.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
"Freebird" to cellphone or lighters talk to what's your favorite karaoke song.....
^
Deserved trashing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mac FM wrote:
The show will sound much different in six months than it does today. It will sound even more different a year from now. #softlaunch

How so? Seems like the only way that could happen would be less music and it doesn't seem like that's a direction that station would want to go.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 am 

There's a karoake tournament coming up, Kirkwood. Some like to go sing songs in bars. I am not among them, but I try to reflect interest.

Maybe you don't go bars. Maybe you don't have any friends. I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently on the social habits of one Private William Kirkwood. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 am 

Mac FM wrote:

Just a couple thoughts before you go back to trashing it or getting on to the next interview with Pernell McPhee's college roomate....

Sports talk is not why you have a massive following. I'm a fan of your mixture of sports, guy talk, personal stories.

You just happened to be on a sports station. But 10 minutes of formulaic bantering with McMurray and Voltmer between 40 minutes of oldies is...not so good. Your best stuff was when you wouldn't talk sports. For example, when you interviewed Michael Irvin and you guys talked your struggles. Or when you had listeners crash the Ashley Fires website.

Last edited by Kirkwood on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:26 am 

Mac FM wrote:
There's a karoake tournament coming up, Kirkwood. Some like to go sing songs in bars. I am not among them, but I try to reflect interest.

Maybe you don't go bars. Maybe you don't have any friends. I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently on the social habits of one Private William Kirkwood. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 am 

Dr. Ken: yes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Mac is betting that his 'real guy talk' personality will sway the listeners to want to listen to him give opinions and not terrible AC/DC songs?

Maybe. I'd listen to almost anything over AC/DC.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:29 am 

Sports talk has no genres so your pool of listeners is all sports fans who listen to radio

Now the pool is music fans who like classic rock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 am 

Will there be a podcast available where I can avoid hearing the music?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:31 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Sports talk has no genres

I wouldn't say that. I usually PTFB as soon as I hear the word "Bears" or the letters "NBA".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:33 am 

[quote="Mac FM"]There's a karoake tournament coming up, Kirkwood. Some like to go sing songs in bars. I am not among them, but I try to reflect interest.

Sort of like you used to do whenever the NBA playoffs and finals were occurring yet you refused to even sniff it because in your opinion they were boring. I guess you were reflecting interest whenever you would simply state "wake me once its over".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I wouldn't say that. I usually PTFB as soon as I hear the word "Bears" or the letters "NBA".

But you still go back because the station isnt a set genre.

There are music fans who wont ever stop on the Drive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 am 

Mac FM wrote:

Aerosmith sucks.

Have a segment about that and maybe I'll tune in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
How do you expect to keep the auditorium full in 6 months after you strip away the #bestmusicevermade based on the banter currently being employed? You risk alienating the auditorium, and you've already alienated existing fans. Just curious.

The conversations you and Pete have during the music must be must different than what's on the air. I hope that's the case because I can only go based on what I've heard, and it's really forced and not organic. I know it's a new show, but you're a proven commodity, and as I've written, I don't want to hear Peter Gabriel or REO again while you're forced in a minute or two at a time.

Guess I'll tune in again in about 6 months.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 am 

Drew Brees is my favorite football player. I doubt I'd last long watching him if he decided to play cricket instead.

That is kind of how I feel about this. It's just a different arena. Good luck and I hope Mac is successful and happy but this is just a case where the format of the station doesn't work for me. I'm sure there are plenty of classic rock fans that weren't interested in hearing about Jay Cutler though so you'll find new fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac FM wrote:

1. The show will sound much different in six months than it does today. It will sound even more different a year from now. #softlaunch

Translation. The Ligue's of the world who make up our listening audience will be too stupid to notice when Pete and I bust out 5 more minutes of talk an hour while at the same time depriving them of "Whole Lotta Love" 5 less times a week to make up for it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

He let me have it Hawg, eh?

You try to give the cat some advice and he throws a hissyfit.

Unless the format changes to 10-15 minutes oldies and 30 minutes talk I don't think I'll be a listener.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 am 

Mac FM wrote:
1. The sun rising in the East.
While your fanbase is sinking in the west.

2. Winter in Chicago sucking.
A little less now that you and Tresman are gone.

Followed by meaningless Mac yak yak every 15minutes.

... is this board rushing to judgment on a radio program. It's amusing.
You know what is not amusing... Your show.

The show is off to a terrific start. Bosses are pleased. Showmates and I are happy.
(Insert your own .wav file)We're happy for ya! Not like you need it anymore.

Wait, wait Mac. I don't want to miss More Than A Feeling by Boston that is about to come on #BRB

1. The show will sound much different in six months than it does today. It will sound even more different a year from now. Will you be gone in 6months? #newformat

2. I took this job for me... nobody else.
This is the first step in recovery.

I beg your pardon, but I don't care how many sports radio or talk radio listeners come aboard.
Ah, obvious guy says, yes you do or you wouldn't be posting a defensive rant on a SPORTS TALK MESSAGE BOARD!

The auditorium was full when Pete and I got here. #8tracks4life
And the defense was good when Tresman came to town. #Whatsyourpoint?

3. Beardown has a truth-telling style. #gettingoutofbedandfindingbeardownnext2U

You want to truth? You can't handle the truth. Thus the pointless attack on sports talk radio.
Carry on. Now here's AerosmithGood to see your talent is being used to the max..

Go post your crap where someone would want to tune into your show. Like the Westview retirement home.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:48 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I do, but I would bet there are more and more guys who don't in the age of satellite and podcasts. I mean, come on, you're Podcast Pete.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:49 am 

Kirkwood, I appreciate what YOU appreciated about what I like to do in front of a mic. Life stuff is just more interesting than watching grown men sweat. And we'll evolve and do more "human condition" conversation eventually. "Morning Zoo" is not an accurate description of what we're doing. I'd call it classic rock with splashes of guy talk. And whatever it's called.... it's really not that goddamned important.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:50 am 

[quote="Mac FM"]1. The sun rising in the East.

How soon we forget the "countdown to Bourbannais" or "Lake Forest talk that used to engulf your shows during all those meaningless Bears offseasons. I have no problem with a guy that discovers himself. I actually applaud it but don't condescend. I have followed you for a long time and I don't have any problem with you making a transition. I think its a good thing if you actually realize that the sports talk game is not your thing.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am 

Kirkwood wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

He let me have it Hawg, eh?

You try to give the cat some advice and he throws a hissyfit.

Unless the format changes to 10-15 minutes oldies and 30 minutes talk I don't think I'll be a listener.

And that is fine, probably not for you. I just thought what he said was funny.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 am 

Anybody check on Brogue? This thread has got to have him spinning.....

Mac - how's that Lolla lineup look to you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I do, but I would bet there are more and more guys who don't in the age of satellite and podcasts. I mean, come on, you're Podcast Pete.

You have a point but that adds to what I'm saying.

The pool is not only limited by music choice but by younger people having more options.

My point is basically that Mac used to have a pool of ALL Chicago sports fans to try and win over. Now it's less.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mac FM wrote:

Kansas here?

Speaking of Kansas, did you know that 'Point of Know Return' was titled 'Point of Know Return' and not 'Point of No Return'? Half the board did not, or does not. I did not, til day 1 of Mac FM:

viewtopic.php?f=161&t=92705&start=75#p22

Something to do with Jesus, or Einstein.

re: format change, mo tawk, less rawk, wouldn't that be disrespectful of Master Chief's torch?

viewtopic.php?f=161&t=92705&start=25#p2200459

Last edited by Hussra on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:54 am 

Juiced, it's not an attack on sports radio. I've made millions in it and am grateful there's a demand for it. Just pointing out the redundancies (like Boston, yes!).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Springsteen vs. Elton John this morning on 97.1. they're doing some sort of album tournament. Mac was talking about the ruggedly handsome young Bruce.

Did not mentioned the flaming gayness of EJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:57 am 

Mac FM wrote:
Juiced, it's not an attack on sports radio. I've made millions in it and am grateful there's a demand for it. Just pointing out the redundancies (like Boston, yes!).

I hope you do well at your new station. Just don't like you coming here and blasting us for our view on your program. Especially when you don't post for months about anything and then come back when you have a new gig and expect us to drool at your feet.

Goodluck to you.

PS, Don't vote for me in the tourney. I fear your support would be bad for my campaign.

Last edited by Juiced on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juiced wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

I hope you do well at your new station. Just don't like you coming here and blasting us for our view on your program. Especially when you don't post for months about anything and then come back when you have a new gig and expect us to drool at your feet.

Goodluck to you.

Yep.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next