It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:59 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Hope you have that riveting, provocative cell phone use vs. depression discussion recorded. Really great radio.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
To be honest with his move to the FM station,it's like he doesn't exist at all. I never listen to FM. I checked him out for about 5 minutes when he started and that was enough. As long as he's happy,I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:12 pm 

Wonder where all the ratings are coming from since none of you seem to be enjoying the Mac Morning zoo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i listened for a few minutes earlier this week when M&H had the insufferable len kasper (why is Len needed weekly on all 3 WSCR shows???!?)... they were actually talking for a few minutes during mac's sports minute. It actually sounded pretty good... too bad they have to have music filler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:16 pm 

billypootons wrote:
i listened for a few minutes earlier this week when M&H had the insufferable len kasper (why is Len needed weekly on all 3 WSCR shows???!?)... they were actually talking for a few minutes during mac's sports minute. It actually sounded pretty good... too bad they have to have music filler

MAC HAS A SPORTS MINUTE?

DOESN'T PETE GET TIRED OF POINTING FOR THAT LONG?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
billypootons wrote:

Yeah Lenny is certainly approaching Stone Pony levels of look at how smart I am smugness.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Q.Bovifs wrote:
I miss Mac.

I eagerly await his comeback.

Its like when Tyson was in prison.

YUP! To Be Discussed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
bigfan wrote:
Q.Bovifs wrote:
I miss Mac.

YUP! To Be Discussed

My Mac withdrawal symptoms will really hit hard in about two weeks, when there will be no one with any NFL football knowledge to listen to anywhere, except Hub on the Score. This includes B&B, who have been wrong about the Bears and football their entire career. Letting Mac go was the worst mistake the Score ever made, behind letting North go. And if he took off a week or two here and there in the offseason from burn-out, so what? He never hurt anyone, whereas listening to the midday show now really hurts my listening ears. I think Mac and North would make for a great team, two-complete meatball broadcasting legends talking Chicago sports. They both have that classic Chicago dialect where there's no doubt about who you're listening to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Dignified Rube wrote:
My Mac withdrawal symptoms will really hit hard in about two weeks, when there will be no one with any NFL football knowledge to listen to anywhere, except Hub on the Score. This includes B&B, who have been wrong about the Bears and football their entire career. Letting Mac go was the worst mistake the Score ever made, behind letting North go. And if he took off a week or two here and there in the offseason from burn-out, so what? He never hurt anyone, whereas listening to the midday show now really hurts my listening ears. I think Mac and North would make for a great team, two-complete meatball broadcasting legends talking Chicago sports. They both have that classic Chicago dialect where there's no doubt about who you're listening to.
There are so many things wrong with this post that I can only assume it is tongue in cheek.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
There are so many things wrong with this post that I can only assume it is tongue in cheek.

C'mon, a pairing of Mac and North would be the closest thing to Bill Swerski's Superfans. It would be awesome. You must not be from Chicago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQ17UnJk_Y

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
After giving this some thought, I’d say this current gig is probably the best thing Mac can do to ensure he has as long of a radio career as he’d like.
He’s burned bridges at both ESPN 1000 and now 670. Those were both very un-happy endings and the current gig is a chance to prove that he can be a team player. I’d speculate he has a lot of fences to mend in the industry.

Not trying to be a Mac apologist or chair the ass-licking society. IMO, the Mac Jurko Harry era was NOT the golden Mac era. I did not care much for the show. I don’t care for the 3-man booth, Harry has never been and never will be someone that should be on the radio. The show with Spiegel was on a time slot where I couldn’t listen but when I could it was just “meh”. I loved the Heavy Fuel Crew and I even still found enjoyment in the show with Jiggs. Mac was at his best when he had one person in the booth and he could be witty, drop sound bites and have an edge. (Dead Pool, imitating Coppock, etc….) Somewhere his edge was lost. Honestly, one of my favorite shows I recal with Mac was the day he and Boers were simply reading off names of “performing arts” movies. “Driving Miss Daisy….Into the headboard!”

I wish Mac the best…met him once at a Sox remote and thought he was a friendly, good spirited person. I hope someday he returns to an afternoon drive slot with a partner that can challenge him a bit and bring out his witty, sarcastic humor.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:57 am 

Q.Bovifs wrote:
I miss Mac.

Mac is getting anal raped? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm not sure what bridges he burned at the Score. I have a feeling they would welcome him back.

I will miss Zaidman getting the radio shotgun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I'm not sure what bridges he burned at the Score. I have a feeling they would welcome him back.

I will miss Zaidman getting the radio shotgun.

They did welcome him back, they offered him a job. He turned it down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:42 am 

Another recession contract. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Cicero Dave >>>>>>> Groupon's awful Mac threads.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Another recession contract. :(

Still a damn good contract, I am sure I would take it.