It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Danny Green & Gold
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mac FM wrote:
All that "has happened" is I decided to try something else. Nothing more. Let's not make radio bigger than it is. And I'm doing okay at it; the bosses are pleased usually and the ratings have been good. If I decide to go back to sports radio, I will return to being what you and many others think I should be.

If you do go back, can you teach them how to ask an interview question in under five minutes?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:29 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
Of course RFDC didn't post the other picks I posted on Facebook.... Carolina and Jacksonville... both winners. It wouldn't fit the narrative. Fact is I'm having a decent year at the window. Again.

Gotta score one for Danny Lambeau here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:53 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
If I decide to go back to sports radio, I will return to being what you and many others think I should be.

Is that going to ever happen?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
leashyourkids wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
All that "has happened" is I decided to try something else. Nothing more. Let's not make radio bigger than it is. And I'm doing okay at it; the bosses are pleased usually and the ratings have been good. If I decide to go back to sports radio, I will return to being what you and many others think I should be.

If you do go back, can you teach them how to ask an interview question in under five minutes?

+1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Mac FM wrote:

I don't care what you do going forward, good for you and best of luck. I am really annoyed you left us with Spiegel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm 

Danny Oshkosh throwing haymakers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Mac FM wrote:

Congrats on having the sack to take a chance on changing the professional direction of your career. It's not for everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:35 am 

Mac FM wrote:
....If I decide to go back to sports radio........

Well I'll be looking' for that!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Seacrest wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

Congrats on having the sack to take a chance on changing the professional direction of your career. It's not for everyone.

Love how you guys think he had a choice.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
DaMaNaa on STL with Kaplan right now...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Seacrest wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

I agree with this sentiment and would never diss anyone for pursuing a different career path, but that’s not what happened here. Mac didn’t move to the HVAC industry to do A/C and furnace work…still in radio.
For those of us that once really enjoyed his first career, we can modify the Jordan example and say it’s like watching Jordan play baseball in a White Sox jersey.
I’m with Spaulding…I’m resentful that Dan elevated Spiegel and we are now stuck with him. After spending x number of years getting a fairly good version of Dan McNeil sports talk host getting negated by the presence of the Tiny One…the return to the score should have been the saving of our local sports talk….instead we got a lemon. I get it…Mac has his demons and I wish him the best of health and happiness. Doesn’t change the fact the market is now completely dead…and that sucks.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.