It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 10/1 GO CATS!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Coach Fitz on talking CATS....as another example.

There was a time the Score ws playing the intro and lead in music, played 30 seconds and that was it. Enjoy full songs, come back, chat....music...and so on...

Getting better and better, as less Pete talks.

Just need to think of What the Johnny B, Kevhead, Steve and Gery model had for years....they played full songs and had talk shows and it was the most dominant lineup ever seen, so you cant tell me it doesnt work.

Post subject: Re: 10/1 GO CATS!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Steve and Garry started out playing full songs. Steve was a traditional deejay who just happened to say crazier shit in between records. But as they went along, the talk became the focus until they hardly played any music at all. If you had a guy or a couple of guys who actually had interesting shit to say, I don't think you need to play songs. We're in a different world than the one where Steve and Garry started. I don't think today's consumer relies on the radio for music the way we did back in 1980.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I wonder why they are easing into it. I guess so as to not shock and lose the normal music fans in the target demo immediately but to entice them to stay as it evolves.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:00 am 

pittmike wrote:
I wonder why they are easing into it. I guess so as to not shock and lose the normal music fans in the target demo immediately but to entice them to stay as it evolves.

dont need to upset the apple cart...just add some fruit to it..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:22 am 

Movie Reviews with Mike Phillips....talking MARTIAN.....which he liked...and is coming off as bit of a movie snob...but another example, hmmm an actual planned and produced show...

Waiting for them to start talking calls! lol..... Dave from Winfield!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ok I am in. Trial day for me today and tomorrow. Edit: Crazy On You always makes me want to fuck the Heart chicks. Unfortunately, I have to fight off visions of how they look now.

-Ronald Reagan

Last edited by pittmike on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:31 am 

pittmike wrote:
Ok I am in. Trial day for me today and tomorrow.

want the password?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Coach Fitz - my guy!

I know Fitz is on WGN-AM 720 regularly (obviously - flagship station of NU Sports) and I enjoy his conversations with Dave Eanet. However, Steve Cochran ruins the entire interview every week with his "humor".

Fitz: "We picked up the blitz from the blind side and got the pass off for a huge gain."

Cochran: "I was in a band called blitz from the blindside..."

Cochran's Minions: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fitz: :? :oops: :(

(Much like every interview with anybody from The Blackhawks - they hang up shaking their head in confusion & embarrassment. Especially Eddie O - you can tell he despises SC)

I didn't hear the interview but I bet a Mac & Fitz gab was pretty entertaining. Go Cats!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 am 

Godfella wrote:
Coach Fitz - my guy!

I know Fitz is on WGN-AM 720 regularly (obviously - flagship station of NU Sports) and I enjoy his conversations with Dave Eanet. However, Steve Cochran ruins the entire interview every week with his "humor".

Fitz: "We picked up the blitz from the blind side and got the pass off for a huge gain."

Cochran: "I was in a band called blitz from the blindside..."

Cochran's Minions: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fitz: :? :oops: :(

(Much like every interview with anybody from The Blackhawks - they hang up shaking their head in confusion & embarrassment. Especially Eddie O - you can tell he despises SC)

I didn't hear the interview but I bet a Mac & Fitz gab was pretty entertaining. Go Cats!

Fitz dropped a "If you ask me what I am doing at anytime of the year , anytime of day, I can pretty much tell you what I will be doing...very regimented schedule"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
:lol: So true. I've heard that about Fitz. Did Mac reply; "Me, too... and it involves Ashley Fires."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:

There was a time the Score ws playing the intro and lead in music, played 30 seconds and that was it. Enjoy full songs, come back, chat....music...and so on...

Just need to think of What the Johnny B, Kevhead, Steve and Gery model had for years....they played full songs and had talk shows and it was the most dominant lineup ever seen, so you cant tell me it doesnt work.

At some point, the Loop went full talk, right? Don't see the Drive doing the same thing. Perhaps. With the right combo, FM talk can still be popular and a revenue-producer. The Drive needs to start archiving some of these shows, though. I don't wake up that early but would still like to listen!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:57 pm 

RadioNerd wrote:
bigfan wrote:

At some point, the Loop went full talk, right? Don't see the Drive doing the same thing. Perhaps. With the right combo, FM talk can still be popular and a revenue-producer. The Drive needs to start archiving some of these shows, though. I don't wake up that early but would still like to listen!

Wake up, listen, enjoy...then check here to see if you missed something funny or cool...then lament! :lol: