It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Postgame
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Mike is hitting his stride again. Rust is shaken off.

First a segment with Mac regarding gambling. You know, gambling talk has a place in a show like this. North did tell a funny story about bad beats. He would punish himself for bad bets. One night he slept with only one sock on to punish himself.

Then a 5 minute ramble about Viennabeef.com. Shilling at its best. "Go to yur computer. type in da site. Tree times, ya know dey count the hits. Gotta show em old Mikey still has it. Ya know, when guys would yell "hey ya jerk, go back to da hot dog stand", I would take it as a compliment. Not da jerk part, but da hot dog stand part"

Post subject: Re: North Postgame
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:09 am 

I always thought he missed out by not opening a new hot dog stand at the height of his fame. He has enough family members out there to keep thievery to a minimum and he would definitely have gotten business from Score listeners.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
One night he slept with only one sock on to punish himself.

Who sleeps in socks?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Me, for one, on nights that get down below zero. It is an easy way to keep warmer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Northy was good on Sunday. But his joke about renaming Robbie Gould "Bob" fell flat, I thought.

Mac was very fiery on the show, explained by his big loss "at the window" on the Bears. They should put the two together, rather than having North fly solo, as I've said before.

What's with all the drunk callers on his show? Already at 3:00 p.m. these people are blitzed? And a woman calling up blitzed? That's sort of unheard of.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:06 pm 

Best post-game show there is. Pure entertainment, pure joy to hear da hot-dog King again pour his heart out for Bears fans.

DR called him up today to get on the Bears case about playing someone other than Cutler next week. He was all-in wit me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:20 pm 

Is there a podcast for this?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:31 pm 

I checked, but doesn't look like it. They shouldn't definitely tape him. I would listen to the show again the next day.

One of his better lines tonight:

"I'm Irish and Italian. That means I like a drink, but don't wanna pay for it!"

He had his wife on the show today. She was good, actually sounded intelligent on the Bears and sports, which is rare for a woman.

North also addressed teaming up with O.B., saying it would have been a "Dream Team" after playing a funny clip of the two talking back in the day, during which O.B. said jokingly that he would clobber North or something like that. So I'm guessing there was a desire on North's part to do the show with O.B., but it didn't work out this time around for whatever reason.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Yeah, I too looked for a podcast and they don't exist. It's too bad because I would be listen Monday mornings while in the office.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:49 am 

North said that he will be on the Drive Thursday morning (New Years Eve), which should be interesting.

Maybe this is a test-run for a full-time gig? The Drive has always had the best music of any of the FM stations as far as I'm concerned, and now they're branching into sports talk, which isn't a bad idea at all.

Has to be a hell of a lot better than listening to Mulli and Hanley's blathering or that gosh awful midday program on the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:02 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
I checked, but doesn't look like it. They shouldn't definitely tape him. I would listen to the show again the next day.

One of his better lines tonight:

"I'm Irish and Italian. That means I like a drink, but don't wanna pay for it!"

He had his wife on the show today. She was good, actually sounded intelligent on the Bears and sports, which is rare for a woman.

North also addressed teaming up with O.B., saying it would have been a "Dream Team" after playing a funny clip of the two talking back in the day, during which O.B. said jokingly that he would clobber North or something like that. So I'm guessing there was a desire on North's part to do the show with O.B., but it didn't work out this time around for whatever reason.

He has been using that joke for at least 20 years.

I remember him making fun of some shirt OB was wearing and OB telling him one more comment and he would be shoving the shirt down his throat.

I enjoy Mike and his postgame. OB has a pretty good postgame on WGN as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I listened to about 5 seconds, vomited in my car and then changed the station.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:18 am 

The post game show is the perfect schtick for him. Everyone is the most meatbally right after the game, and he knows how to play to that crowd.

Problem is that his head will get big just from that. If he had a shred of humility, he would own this town.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:37 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
The post game show is the perfect schtick for him. Everyone is the most meatbally right after the game, and he knows how to play to that crowd.

Problem is that his head will get big just from that. If he had a shred of humility, he would own this town.

He is the epitome of an extrovert, where he has the need to be the life of the party. And I think if you ever went to a party with him, he for sure would be.

More importantly, although I've never met him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy that if you said hi to him on Michigan Ave., he would say hi back to you and have a conversation. Whereas, with B&B or Mulli, I imagine them all being very smug in public, particularly Bernstine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
INSIDER told me worst guy at the SCORE was North. But I don't give a shit as long as he is entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:03 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
INSIDER told me worst guy at the SCORE was North. But I don't give a shit as long as he is entertaining.

Terry Boers wrote:
My guy told me worst guy at the SCORE was DaMaNa, then North.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Terry Boers wrote:
My guy told me worst guy at the SCORE was DaMaNa, then North.

:lol: :lol:

Boers never said that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:45 pm 

One strike against North from today's post-game---he was trying to take both sides of the argument on Cutler, when he had the Sun-Times Bears journalist on.

Don't say you tell it like it is, North, while you talk out of both sides of your mouth on Cutler. What do you think the Sun-Times guy is going to say about him? Of course he's in the tank for the Bears. He wants his wife and children to eat.

North had a good run, until he stunk up his show today with his hypocrisy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dignified Rube wrote:
More importantly, although I've never met him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy that if you said hi to him on Michigan Ave., he would say hi back to you and have a conversation. Whereas, with B&B or Mulli, I imagine them all being very smug in public, particularly Bernstine.

You couldn't engage Dan on the street without him contacting the proper authorities.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:02 pm 

Dignified Rube wrote:
More importantly, although I've never met him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy that if you said hi to him on Michigan Ave., he would say hi back to you and have a conversation.

Met him at the Auto Show back in '93-'94. He was just coming off of the air & we bs'd a few minutes. Next thing I knew he'd bought us a couple of beers and we were talking White Sox bidness for about 10 minutes. Back then virtually every Score guy was a blast to talk with on & off air.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Regular Reader wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
More importantly, although I've never met him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy that if you said hi to him on Michigan Ave., he would say hi back to you and have a conversation.

Met him at the Auto Show back in '93-'94. He was just coming off of the air & we bs'd a few minutes. Next thing I knew he'd bought us a couple of beers and we were talking White Sox bidness for about 10 minutes. Back then virtually every Score guy was a blast to talk with on & off air.

Did he try to hug you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:14 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Did he try to hug you?

Just a back slap. Befitting my mixed heritage. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

Did he try to hug you?

Just a back slap. Befitting my mixed heritage. :lol:

Mixed?

Part Slavic, All Slavic!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
One problem North and all Bears post gamers are having is that this team is ultra boring and has been for years now. My Bears interest is at an all time low.

I assume they will draft a LB this year.

The offense might be something special to watch next year if K White is good, then Alshon gets healthy, we hope, Royal means something and other speed wouldnt hurt.

Then North, Hamp, Koz, OB, etc can scream about something, but right now....Yawwwnnnnn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:58 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
bigfan wrote:
One problem North and all Bears post gamers are having is that this team is ultra boring and has been for years now. My Bears interest is at an all time low.

Yeah, same. The team has hovered around .500 for some time (in fact, I believe the 6-10 season puts them right at .500 since the establishment of the four divisions of four), with the only interesting things since the Super Bowl being the 2010 playoff run, the 2012 hot start and collapse, and the epic pants-shitting from the end of last year. Generally, they win when they should win and lose when they should lose, though anecdotally, it sure feels like they lose more games they should win than win games they should lose.

I know I keep harping on it, but this team has to make the playoffs on something approaching a regular basis. Football playoffs are random and weird, but you gotta get there. New York won two Super Bowls with mediocre teams because they had lucky breaks and great matchups, but they got to roll the dice quite a few times. The Bears don't get to, and I know it always sent Bernstein and his buttmonkeys into conniption fits when Lovie said it, but if Green Bay has been monopolizing those finite playoff berths, then maybe you ought to beat them so that you can get one instead of them.

In the meantime, NFL telecasts are too long and ill-paced for me to bother with if our team is just gonna 7-9 or 9-7 it every year. I wish more people here felt this way. It's strange that a big part of White Sox fandom is "demanding a winner," and Blackhawks fans are forgiven for avoiding the team like the plague for ten years, yet we must all be expected to pledge our unwavering loyalty to the Bears year after year because...one time they made a rap song and the coach had a mustache? I don't get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:53 pm 

I caught a few minutes in the car yesterday. He started ripping on Cutler for wearing a Vanderbilt hat. "I guess he is sending a sign, that he wants to play in Tennessee." Sure, Mike. They drafted Mariota with the second pick, so the following season, they could trade to get Cutler. What an idiot.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Chus wrote:
I caught a few minutes in the car yesterday. He started ripping on Cutler for wearing a Vanderbilt hat. "I guess he is sending a sign, that he wants to play in Tennessee." Sure, Mike. They drafted Mariota with the second pick, so the following season, they could trade to get Cutler. What an idiot.

I feel like anytime you listen to a guy like North you have to suspend all reason. Sort of like suspending belief in reality when seeing a Star Wars flick or something. It's only when North says something in line with common sense that I'd start to feel puzzled and disoriented.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Chus wrote:

I feel like anytime you listen to a guy like North you have to suspend all reason. Sort of like suspending belief in reality when seeing a Star Wars flick or something. It's only when North says something in line with common sense that I'd start to feel puzzled and disoriented.

I completely agree. I guess my post was directed at those who don't understand why he isn't on full time. This was him actually talking sports, and he was clueless. Never mind all of the political, social, and racial junk he spews, he can't even talk about sports.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:43 pm 

Chus wrote:

I heard that as well. That was being completely football stupid.

No, the only sign he was sending was that he went to Vanderbilt and likes Commodore hat apparel.