It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:53 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
He's on weekdays on Fox Radio. I think I found my new morning show.

Here's the link.

http://www.iheart.com/live/fox-sports-r ... k-46874%2F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
A Mike North featured/directed/produced media product is a terrible product. The evidence is vastly overwhelming.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:01 am 

bigfan wrote:
A Mike North featured/directed/produced media product is a terrible product. The evidence is vastly overwhelming.

That's your opinion. I'll give him a try.

Anything has to be better than Yelly and Sleepy on the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:08 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Its my opinion and maybe you have noticed the past 10 years of his career of "MIKE NORTH PRODUCTIONS" that have ALL FAILED, that doesnt include the $7.5 M WSCR escapade, which had years of terrible ratings and was a terrible show.

Mike North is a loud mouthed sidekick , who flourished with Wisecracks while someone else ran the show. He never realized that.

Dig, you sound like a guy who would like to hear more of Mikes political thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:14 am 

bigfan wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Its my opinion and maybe you have noticed the past 10 years of his career of "MIKE NORTH PRODUCTIONS" that have ALL FAILED, that doesnt include the $7.5 M WSCR escapade, which had years of terrible ratings and was a terrible show.

Mike North is a loud mouthed sidekick , who flourished with Wisecracks while someone else ran the show. He never realized that.

Dig, you sound like a guy who would like to hear more of Mikes political thoughts?

Abraham Lincoln failed too, before he became President. So Mike North will be the next President.

But seriously, why all the hate toward North? He's more authentic than anyone on the Score. True, I haven't listened to him during his Mike North Productions days, but I have followed his post-game show on the Drive. And I think he's been entertaining and insightful, which is all you can ask. Would be better if he had O.B., but he does well with Mac, Giggs and his wife calling in. I always liked him when he was on with Doug back in the day on the Score. Best duo in Chicago sports broadcasting history, as far as I'm concerned, but I never heard Mac and Boers together.

Maybe the venue wasn't right for him before or he is no producer? When he's prime-time on the Drive, he seems to rise to the occasion.

Is there some hidden agenda with you B.F., since this board seems more tuned toward the Score broadcasters?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
North went south when he took over mornings at WSCR. I still liked him,but arguing politics with his news girl besides sportstalk was an epic fail with most listeners.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:45 am 

:lol: FOX Sports Daybreak hosts Mike North and Andy Furman blast Kelly Stafford - the wife of Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford - for selling her Lions tickets on the secondary market to make a profit. Take a listen...

Read more: http://www.foxsportsradio.com/onair/fox ... z3vcgBxqma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Will Mac be there too?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:57 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

North would LOVE to be where Mac is right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:58 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
North went south when he took over mornings at WSCR. I still liked him,but arguing politics with his news girl besides sportstalk was an epic fail with most listeners.

For some people here, it is refreshing that there is a voice on the radio in North that is right-leaning as a counter to Bernstein's over-the-top liberal views. North joked the other day that someone came up to him on Michigan Ave., saying he was Trump before Trump became Trump. He took it as a compliment.

But you're right, North should stick to what he does best---sportstalk and general b.s. with funny anecdotes. Leave political talk to Rush Limbaugh, who has no equal.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:58 am 

Wow,just heard a commercial on the Fox station after North's Show.

It reprimands people for using the term "That's so Geigh". Go to thinkbeforeyouspeak.com or some shit like that. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:00 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Abraham Lincoln failed too, before he became President. So Mike North will be the next President.

But seriously, why all the hate toward North? He's more authentic than anyone on the Score. True, I haven't listened to him during his Mike North Productions days, but I have followed his post-game show on the Drive. And I think he's been entertaining and insightful, which is all you can ask. Would be better if he had O.B., but he does well with Mac, Giggs and his wife calling in. I always liked him when he was on with Doug back in the day on the Score. Best duo in Chicago sports broadcasting history, as far as I'm concerned, but I never heard Mac and Boers together.

Maybe the venue wasn't right for him before or he is no producer? When he's prime-time on the Drive, he seems to rise to the occasion.

Is there some hidden agenda with you B.F., since this board seems more tuned toward the Score broadcasters?

No hate at North at all, it just cant be Norths show. Mike North is a hardworking idiot. His hardwork and willingness to do anything is what made him, his ego to make sure his name was on everything and he controlled everything ruined him. Everyone seems to realize this, except him.

bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

I don't think North could sit in a corner and wait to be pointed at. North would turn Milestones in Rock into a half hour rant about Connie Francis.

bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

My impression is that the Drive execs are figuring out slowly that Mac and North should be together. Then you have "Dream Team Deux".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

My impression is that the Drive execs are figuring out slowly that Mac and North should be together. Then you have "Dream Team Deux".

That would be pretty sweet in drive time. I think. You never know with these morons. they'd probably get into some kind of feud or something.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:02 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

I don't think North could sit in a corner and wait to be pointed at. North would turn Milestones in Rock into a half hour rant about Connie Francis.

:lol: SHOULD be in the Rock HOF!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:04 am 

bigfan wrote:
No hate at North at all, it just cant be Norths show. Mike North is a hardworking idiot. His hardwork and willingness to do anything is what made him, his ego to make sure his name was on everything and he controlled everything ruined him. Everyone seems to realize this, except him.

I think he felt entitled to do it that way, as one of if not the founder of Chicago sportstalk, right?

In my book, it's ok if he's no good at producing. The Fox broadcast has issues over the internet. They're not getting the mix right, because you can hear an echo. And the advertisements come over loud and annoying. But the talk part seems fine.

Let North stick to his wheelhouse of just sportstalk.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:52 am 

Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

This is as good as your thoughts on Star Wars not doing well. Can you admit you missed the side of the farm on that one?

I like North and I like Mac, but it wont happen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:53 am 

:lol: Rubes thoughts on everything are pretty much always wrong.

He makes scorehead look like a rocket surgeon

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:55 pm 

RFDC wrote:
:lol: Rubes thoughts on everything are pretty much always wrong.

He makes scorehead look like a rocket surgeon

Wait a minute! There's my Trump call that's still good. Also said the Bears were going to go 8-8 (check the thread).

On top of that, not too shabby a record on Horse Racing. I've bested Spmack and JORR.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:02 pm 

Rube the story of Mike Norths failure for 7 years of a morning show is only amplified by the ease of which Mully and Hanley walked into the same situation and beat the National ESPN show in the ratings, by almost just turning on the mics and talking, with zero schtick.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:05 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Will Mac be there too?

This is as good as your thoughts on Star Wars not doing well. Can you admit you missed the side of the farm on that one?

I like North and I like Mac, but it wont happen.

I haven't seen the film, but there's nothing I have read that makes me think I was wrong about it, critically speaking. It received only two and a half stars by the New York Post and the Vatican newspaper dumped on it. The box office success is really a function of how people are programmed to like anything Star Wars by now, of how many bored people in the world that have nothing better to do or to spend there money on, and of how low the bar now is in Hollywood for quality movies.

Last edited by Dignified Rube on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:10 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Rube the story of Mike Norths failure for 7 years of a morning show is only amplified by the ease of which Mully and Hanley walked into the same situation and beat the National ESPN show in the ratings, by almost just turning on the mics and talking, with zero schtick.

I'm not fan of Hanley, but as much as I hate to admit, Yelly is a formidable sports writer and talker. The success of the show is purely due to him. And he is able to attract very good guests through his connections like Aikman and so forth.

But you explained yourself why North failed, in that he can't produce. Maybe at the Drive he'll get the career boost he's due, because he's not in any production role there as much as I can tell, and he can be who he is: a talented meatball.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I listen to this whenever I'm in an area where it's syndicated. I mentioned this before but I get a kick out of it because Andy Furman was awful for years on Cincinnati radio and had a similarly ignominious downfall there and North just runs him over like he's another Jiggetts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:42 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Rube the story of Mac's failure of a show is only amplified by the ease of which Giggles and Grimace walked into the same situation and beat the ESPN show in the ratings, by almost just turning on the mics and talking, with zero schtick.

Fixed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Dignified Rube wrote:
Bernstein's over-the-top liberal views

DID. NOT. HAPPEN.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Dignified Rube wrote:
He's on weekdays on Fox Radio. I think I found my new morning show.

Here's the link.

http://www.iheart.com/live/fox-sports-r ... k-46874%2F

Where the hell have you been? North has been on FSR for a couple of years now. You can podcast all the shows on Norths website.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:12 pm 

Well, since he's not been on the radio, he's sort of been dead to me, because that's where I normally listen in the car and at home. I'm a traditionalist in that respect.

But, like I said, his Fox broadcast doesn't do him any favors. Something wrong with the mix that it produces an echo. Hasn't anyone told him that?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Maybe he's doing a tribute to Larry Lujack, who always had the reverb way up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:45 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
North was solo today. Listening to the podcast now. Good stuff my friends!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan