It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kap was reading a story about Nintendo releasing the NES and 21 games for $80. Says he's going to buy it.

He asks if it's going to have Space Invaders. Both Cornette and their producer tell him that Space Invaders is Atari. Kap indignantly says "Space Invaders is not Atari!" They prove him wrong. Kap ignores this and goes on to tell a story about he how was an expert at Space Invaders, knew exactly how many shots it took to clear the screen, and how some guy in a bar challenged him to a game but The KapMan was victorious, baby!

Then he wanted to know if the NES would come with Asteroids...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Do you think he has any idea how dumb he is? Unless it is about the Cubs, he knows nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Kap was reading a story about Nintendo releasing the NES and 21 games for $80. Says he's going to buy it.

He asks if it's going to have Space Invaders. Both Cornette and their producer tell him that Space Invaders is Atari. Kap indignantly says "Space Invaders is not Atari!" They prove him wrong. Kap ignores this and goes on to tell a story about he how was an expert at Space Invaders, knew exactly how many shots it took to clear the screen, and how some guy in a bar challenged him to a game but The KapMan was victorious, baby!

I'd play Kap anytime on a regular Space Invaders or a Deluxe machine. I'm not sure how you could know how many shot it takes to clear the screen. Technically, you just need one shot for every invader, but in practice you're going to have shots blocked and you'll miss some too. I suspect he's misremembering and trying to say he knew the shot sequence to score all 300s on the mystery ship. I believe it was 21 shots for the first one and then 14 for every one after that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: LOU'S BABY
What's up there, Sugar Tits. I love the video games. The Play Boxes and the X-Station 720. Good times. Billy told me to get one, said it would be great fun. Mindy and I love playing the Mario Go Racing on the Classic Wee-thing. Have a blast.

Back in the day, I was the best at Space Invaders, awesome time. Loved Pong, too. Jared...does Pong come on this new Classic Super Nintendo? Gotta get it. Get my pong on.

Hey guys, I'll swing by Service Merchandise this afternoon, we'll have Mindy bring some Lou's home, and we'll have a boys night. Some 'za, some Merlot, maybe a little cudding, it will be great.

Let's get Ted here set up with some Garrett's Popcorn and a TeddyGram.

Back to the phones.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Cashman wrote:
Do you think he has any idea how dumb he is? Unless it is about the Cubs, he knows nothing.

He knows nothing when it comes to the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Tad Queasy wrote:

Is Nintendo a sponsor? FOTY's gonna have to pay aftermarket prices for one of the SNES classics, cuz the NES classic was notoriously hard to get.... And look at this list of games...

Contra III: The Alien Wars

Donkey Kong Country

EarthBound

Final Fantasy III

F-ZERO

Kirby Super Star

Kirby’s Dream Course

The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past

Mega Man X

Secret of Mana

Star Fox

Star Fox 2

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Super Castlevania IV

Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario World

Super Metroid

Super Punch-Out!!

Yoshi’s Island

Yeah, good luck kapperoonie... Between Nintendo's shortages and resellers yeah... Have fun with that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:38 am 

i think the SNES Classic is way more worth it than the NES Classic. I already emailed amazon to notify me when it's available. unless someone gets me a pie, i'm going after this hard core.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
W_Z wrote:
i think the SNES Classic is way more worth it than the NES Classic. I already emailed amazon to notify me when it's available. unless someone gets me a pie, i'm going after this hard core.

I have a windowless van with a plethora of different kinds of pies.....interested?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
W_Z wrote:

A modded S/NES classic would be totally worth it, otherwise you can just keep on using your Wii with homebrew channel + emulators + classic gamepad. I guess it comes down to if you really want new old controllers .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
does anyone know if this thing will have better video quality? I have both an old SNES and I've downloaded some old SNES games onto my U, but they pretty much look terrible...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 am 

Cashman wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I have a windowless van with a plethora of different kinds of pies.....interested?

I already told you, YES!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy wrote:

I don't understand why SOME don't understand why MANY wish he were thrown off the Hancock.