It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask The KapMan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Why do you let Elmhurst Steve on the air? And he really does sound nervous today, as he claims.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
denisdman wrote:
Why do you let Elmhurst Steve on the air? And he really does sound nervous today, as he claims.

As nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:22 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That''d be the cat.

Oh and I love Joe coming on and calling Kap "Sparkles".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

That''d be the cat.

Oh and I love Joe coming on and calling Kap "Sparkles".

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:26 pm 

Say what you want about Kap and most of it is true but it's so nice to hear a guy take callers and let them talk, get their point across, share a memory of a departed loved one in relation to being a Cub fan without being snickered or outright laughed at, told he's stupid , no one cares or that NONE OF THAT MATTERS TO THIS TEAM.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: LOU'S BABY
denisdman wrote:

Hey there, Pudding Pop. You know, every day I tell Jared to not take calls from Elmhurst Steve. Then that Steve, smart guy, cunning, good times, gets around Jared by telling him it's Steve in Elmhurst. Sigh. Poor Jared. I don't think he's getting enough rest at night. I'm going to take him to Bed Bath & Beyond as soon as I get back to Chi-Town and get him a nice pillow. Maybe take him to Lou's after we pick up Frankie O in the 'Vette. He's a good kid, not that bright, but hard worker...love him...great times. Jared...let's set Denisdman up here with a nice Bulls desk calendar.

Take some more calls...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Say what you want about Kap and most of it is true but it's so nice to hear a guy take callers and let them talk, get their point across, share a memory of a departed loved one in relation to being a Cub fan without being snickered or outright laughed at, told he's stupid , no one cares or that NONE OF THAT MATTERS TO THIS TEAM.

On balance I like him, but I also agree with the heavy criticisms leveled against him by the Boyd and RedGregs of the board.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:31 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Agree 100%. I enjoyed the choice when he was on The Game. M & H had some of those calls this morning and they were treated like human beings.

Personally, I love to hear & read those types of stories from you guys - specially Cubs & Sox.

We are all products of an older person's influence and direction. Being a "fanatic" of a team and or city is what makes us all unique and it is passed on and revered.

Take that, Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:33 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

This lady caller is exactly the type you're talking about....Kap loves it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:33 pm 

denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

On balance I like him, but I also agree with the heavy criticisms leveled against him by the Boyd and RedGregs of the board.

Sure he name drops and talks about himself a lot but he's not a vicious asshole and to me , seems in on the joke of his "persona". I'd much rather listen to that .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Too ESPN-y

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:38 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Too ESPN-y

You're right, but this bad station has grown on me. I think it's for the same reasons as BR and Godfella have said- they treat people decently. I can't take smarmy and hate all day long. Now that I think about, JDC is a perfect fit for WSCR. Just another insufferable, self serving dipshit with a microphone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:40 pm 

Oh FFS with this female caller. Chest pains at work over the Cubs....Kap providing the healing touch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:41 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Oh FFS with this female caller. Chest pains at work over the Cubs....Kap providing the healing touch.

He had Julie on?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Too ESPN-y

You're right, but this bad station has grown on me. I think it's for the same reasons as BR and Godfella have said- they treat people decently. I can't take smarmy and hate all day long. Now that I think about, JDC is a perfect fit for WSCR. Just another insufferable, self serving dipshit with a microphone.

Yeah, I honestly stopped listening regularly about 2 years ago...when the whole station morphed into the last year of the Mike North Show, I was done. I'll turn it on every once in a while when I run out to get lunch and ugh...just bad.

I try and avoid all ESPN product...the only one that I don't completely hate is College Gameday. It's all too vanilla for my taste.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The guys I can't stand are Waddle & Silvy (worst radio voice ever!).
I used to mock Kap on here but the more I listened the more I liked him. He has some "little man" issues but like someone else mentioned,he seems "in" on the ribbing others give him. He's OK.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:26 pm 

KapMan wrote:
Tell you what, Sprinkles, you tell me what a great day today is. I can tell you what a great day it is, got my good night's sleep on that down pillow for one. For two? Talked to Billy last night. That's Billy Murray. If you know him well enough he's Billy, that great actor comedian. Groundhog Day, great, great flick. Ghostbusters. Hey, he's got a good feeling and you know what I do too. Gonna talk to Jesse Rogers today, so tune in for that. Tom Verducci, Sports Illustrated, great writer gonna talk to him. So how ya feel, Chicago? Feelin good, Cubs fans? I know I am. Gonna take the 'Vette out tonight, split a bottle of Beringer with Mindy. Awesome Friday, folks.

Take some calls...

KapMan - Word is that you and Billy Murray are maybe not as tight as you once were... what's the real story, Kapward R. Murrow?

Also, when can we start getting tickets for next summer's Kapapalooza?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You liked that line, didn't you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:15 am 

Godfella wrote:
KapMan - Word is that you and Billy Murray are maybe not as tight as you once were... what's the real story, Kapward R. Murrow?

Also, when can we start getting tickets for next summer's Kapapalooza?

What's goin' on there, Peppermint? First off, let me tell you about my guys at AutoZone in Schaumburg of Roselle road. You know they'll take care of whatever you need, and answer all your questions. When my 'vette was giving me problems, I talked to Ron down there and he gave me all the advice I needed. Turns out I needed a new catalytic converter. Phenomenal knowledge. Abundance. Now let's get to your question. No, absolutely not, Billy and I are tight. I just went to his ranch to watch a private screening of his classic movie "Meatballs". Tell you what, Tripper is one of my favorite characters of all time. Told me he'd try to get me into a cameo in whatever upcoming movie he's gonna be in. But he was mum about that. Solid, honest. I get that. We take some time off here and there because when Billy's making a movie, it's all about work. No problem with that whatsoever. He knows what he's doing. Sent him a few pillows and a gift bundle from Shari's Berries. We split a Lou's in celebration of the World Champion Chicago Cubs.

Kapapalooza is on schedule, but tickets won't be available yet. Thanks for asking. Gonna have some phenomenal guests. If you were a "Cheers" fan, and you know that was one of my favorites, we're gonna have the legendary George Wendt come in. He'll do some blues harmonica while my guy Holly strums the guitar. Do a quick set. I'm good at doing some Stevie Ray Vaughan. One of my favorites. Gonna be a blast. Gonna have some good times.

Back to the phones.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:28 am 

Ok IMU, that has to be you. Any reference to Schaumburg has your fingerprints on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:29 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Dude, you call him chicken wing next time, and I'll be a happy man. Yeah it was a decent enough line.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Going out with Cusack tonight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:47 pm 

Kapmaster Flash - I'm hearing rumors that Tributosaurus will headline Kapapalooza because of their Cubs game intro song on The Score. True or False?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 am 

Hey, what's up there, cheeks? You heard correctly, but it's not just because of the intro song. No, you're talking about a great band there. I know I'm not supposed to talk about someone down the dial but really, you know, it's actually up the dial and because of that, it's nullified.

But absolutely, phenomenal cover band. I've never heard a more heartswelling rendition of "Owner of a Lonely Heart" in my life. And speaking of Heart, was having lunch with Mindy and Nancy Wilson who still looks great by the way. I had to ask about the songwriting structure of my personal favorite, "Barracuda". Wow. She taught me everything and more.

Got a phone call that night from my guy, William Petersen. Willie and I go way back. Ice fishing up in the Dakotas. Phenomenal guy. Talked about the World Champion Cubbies. Played darts a while back while smoking cigars and splitting a Lou's pie. Sent him a few pillows.

Next on the line.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Hey Kap,

What are your thoughts on Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn? I'll hang up, make a sacrifice to the ancients and listen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:39 pm 

Thanks for listening, muffin. Tell you what, I got a lot of thoughts on the Great Old Ones. Mindy and I usually head out to Innsmouth every spring to pray to Dagon and Azathoth. What usually happens is Obed Marsh and I throw back a few, talk a little lobster and R'lyeh. Then, we go to the docks and call up some Elder Gods. Phenomenal storms, great times. Reminds me, gotta send some pillows their way. And a few pies as well.

Back to the phones.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:54 am 

Hey, Kapmeister - What are you and Mindy getting Kris Bryant and his fiance for their wedding?

Also, is it wrong to assume that you guys are invited to the nuptials?

How about a CSN Reality Special? Kris Gets Hitched? Here's a working title - "Something old (jimmypasta), something new (MVP Award), something borrowed (Aroldis Chapman) and something Cubbie Blue"?

I'll hang up, listen and rest my head on that great My Pillow you sent... thanks again, Kapper!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Dude, you call him chicken wing next time, and I'll be a happy man. Yeah it was a decent enough line.

Be listening tomorrow, I intend to grant your request tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:25 am 

Godfella wrote:
Hey, Kapmeister - What are you and Mindy getting Kris Bryant and his fiance for their wedding?

Also, is it wrong to assume that you guys are invited to the nuptials?

How about a CSN Reality Special? Kris Gets Hitched? Here's a working title - "Something old (jimmypasta), something new (MVP Award), something borrowed (Aroldis Chapman) and something Cubbie Blue"?

I'll hang up, listen and rest my head on that great My Pillow you sent... thanks again, Kapper!

Hey what's goin' on there, cupcake? Kris has got his registry set at BB and B, and I intend to mine it soon. Mindy's got her own thing goin' on at David's Bridal. Don't know what exactly but I don't get involved with things like that unless I'm called upon.

I didn't ask Kris if we were invited--we got invited. It was on a beautiful, phenomenal postcard care of Lou's. I was impressed.

So here's the thing about reality. It is what it is. Are we involved? Maybe, can't say. Alls I can tell you is that something's in the works. Stay tuned.

Meantime, here's some down pillows, and a few bouquets from Pro Flowers.

Hey you're welcome on those pillows, by the way. We don't mess around here. Got Holly comin' up, talking about Twenty-oh-seventeen.

You know what they say about Sweet Seventeens? They are one sweeter than Sixteen. Let's hope so.

Back to the phones...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Kap, how does it feel when denisdman says he only listens to your show because 670 is a dumpster fire?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next