It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Supposedly he hasn't watched Star Wars (I can believe that) but he also says he has no idea who/what Yoda is. I don't think that is possible... even if you have never watched Star Wars, there's enough commercials/pop culture references that you would have to have at least some idea what Yoda is. I have never read or seen anything Harry Potter, but I know what a slytherin(?) is/means or at least have some idea of what it is/means.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Nothing to see here. Bernstein claims he has no idea who macho man randy savage was.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: LOU'S BABY
What's goin' on there, moon pie? I never caught on to the "Star Wars" phenomenon. I was more into "StarCrash". You can't ever dismiss Hasselhoff, even in his early days. And Caroline Munro was most certainly something to look at. That's a phenomenon. Because she was phenomenal. Not only great in "The Spy Who Loved Me", but the "Golden Voyage of Sinbad". Husband's George Dugdale, good buddy of my neighbor's. "Slaughter High", classic, phenomenal slasher flick from the '80's. That I've heard of. Don't really need to know who Yoda was. Not necessary in my time. What is necessary is a MyPillow, if you need to get some sleep. And when you wake up, don't forget to order your mom some Shari's Berries for Mother's Day.

Back to the phones...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
would be interested in comparing the IQ of the average KApman listener against other sports radio hosts... i dont want to be associated with people who find his fake meatball bit entertaining

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
KapMan wrote:
What's goin' on there, moon pie? I never caught on to the "Star Wars" phenomenon. I was more into "StarCrash". You can't ever dismiss Hasselhoff, even in his early days. And Caroline Munro was most certainly something to look at. That's a phenomenon. Because she was phenomenal. Not only great in "The Spy Who Loved Me", but the "Golden Voyage of Sinbad". Husband's George Dugdale, good buddy of my neighbor's. "Slaughter High", classic, phenomenal slasher flick from the '80's. That I've heard of. Don't really need to know who Yoda was. Not necessary in my time. What is necessary is a MyPillow, if you need to get some sleep. And when you wake up, don't forget to order your mom some Shari's Berries for Mother's Day.

Back to the phones...

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
newper wrote:
Supposedly he hasn't watched Star Wars (I can believe that) but he also says he has no idea who/what Yoda is. I don't think that is possible... even if you have never watched Star Wars, there's enough commercials/pop culture references that you would have to have at least some idea what Yoda is. I have never read or seen anything Harry Potter, but I know what a slytherin(?) is/means or at least have some idea of what it is/means.

Yeah, I heard him say "Star Wars sucks!" today.

I guess he'd rather spend his time shopping for pinky rings and satin Corvette jackets.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
newper wrote:

I guess he'd rather spend his time shopping for pinky rings and satin Corvette jackets.

Don't pretend you're not envious ...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:34 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
newper wrote:

Only if he has a Corvette jacket and an 8 Ball jacket.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I guess he'd rather spend his time shopping for pinky rings

:thumleft:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
It just isn't possible. Yoda is too much of a pop culture staple to not know who he is. You don't have to be a fan. In all his years on earth, he never came across a picture or video of Yoda? I'm not buying it. Its a troll job. He's a piece of shit hack.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: LOU'S BABY
Hank Scorpio wrote:
It just isn't possible. Yoda is too much of a pop culture staple to not know who he is. You don't have to be a fan. In all his years on earth, he never came across a picture or video of Yoda? I'm not buying it. Its a troll job. He's a piece of shit hack.

What's up there, Hanklin, my man. Lotta great Hank's out there. Hank Aaron, Hank Winkler, Tom Hanks. Speaking of Tom Hanks, great guy. Love him and his wife, the lovely Rita. And their boy Chet, tremendous talent. Anyway, I was talking to Tom, Billy, Ed Ved, Holly, and we all agreed, best work George Lucas ever did...and George, great guy...loves himself some Lou's 'za, but Georgie's best work is the classic Howard the Duck. Great film. A masterpiece. Maybe if this so called Yoda showed up there, then we'd be on to something.

Let's get Hank here a MyPillow 2.0 and some Shari's Berries for his troubles...send him a Pajamagram for the lady in his life...Mother's Day is coming guys, gotta treat the ladies right. My boys are gonna be sure to take care of Mindy this Sunday, make sure you guys do, too, with a nice Pajamagram. Let the ladies pamper themselves.

Back to the phones.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Kapman how hard was it writing a book having never have read one?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:55 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
newper wrote:

Only if he has a Corvette jacket and an 8 Ball jacket.

You apparently can get one through Amazon for $179 ... the jacket, not the Corvette.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:56 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Why I never .... have ... never having ... had ... nevermore.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:53 am 

I tuned in today to hear Kap again saying "I've only seen the first Star Wars movie but none of the others. They're the stupidest movies out there."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Just...don't listen to Kaplan. He will go away if people stop listening or watching Sports Talk Live. I promise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I tuned in today to hear Kap again saying "I've only seen the first Star Wars movie but none of the others. They're the stupidest movies out there."

They're not that good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

They're not that good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

They're not that good.

They're not good. The plots are stupid. Especially the three from the 70s and 80s. But when you're a kid, they're awesome. Kap wasn't a kid when they came out. Probably didn't have kids either. So I can get why he didn't see them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

They're not that good.

They're not good. The plots are stupid. Especially the three from the 70s and 80s. But when you're a kid, they're awesome. Kap wasn't a kid when they came out. Probably didn't have kids either. So I can get why he didn't see them.

I'm going to release the furnace girl. Fuck you. Enjoy jerking off while giving Goff monologues by yourself now!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

They're not that good.

I'm going to release the furnace girl. Fuck you. Enjoy jerking off while giving Goff monologues by yourself now!!!

Christ. Why the hell did I get that response for a Star Wars opinion? Jeez.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:04 pm 

newper wrote:

I have no idea what a slytherin is as I've never seen Harry Potter, but Yoda references were everywhere from 79 to 83 & couldn't be missed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:27 pm 

Yeah, I can't imagine the cultural illiteracy it takes not to know who freakin' Yoda is. Moreover, "do or do not, there is no try" is nothing if not a mission statement for Dave Kaplan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

They're not that good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Beardown wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

They're not that good.

Now this is shitposting!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:11 pm 

Maybe I wouldn't call the movies bad or stupid, but they're not high art, nor are they meant to be. They're big fun movies that everyone can enjoy (and buy merchandise for). Outside of the original trilogy, I'm just not interested.