It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 7/26: Jeff Passan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kap was rambling on with another of his hypothetical scenarios and Jeff Passan says "Hey, buddy? Finish your thought on the air, I've got to take this call." and hangs up. :lol:

Prior to that Passan kind of sounded like he was getting tired of listening to Kaplan, but I don't hear them together enough to know if that's how he always is with Kap and doesn't mean anything by it or if he had legitimately had enough of his nonsense.

Post subject: Re: 7/26: Jeff Passan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
that's funny, do they podcast that show?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
Kap was rambling on with another of his hypothetical scenarios and Jeff Passan says "Hey, buddy? Finish your thought on the air, I've got to take this call." and hangs up. :lol:

Prior to that Passan kind of sounded like he was getting tired of listening to Kaplan, but I don't hear them together enough to know if that's how he always is with Kap and doesn't mean anything by it or if he had legitimately had enough of his nonsense.

Yeah that was funny . Passan generally sounds like that overall. He’s got a lot of too cool for the room in him.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Passan is usually great on Lebatard.

Kaplan is just too full of himself. It’s obnoxious. I was watching Sportstalk Live, and he struggles to let anyone else be the person who makes a strong point. It’s kind of hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:36 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Yeah that was funny . Passan generally sounds like that overall. He’s got a lot of too cool for the room in him.

I've heard him on with Silvy and Waddle and I think WSCR (McNeil and Parkins?) and have gotten that impression. He reminds me of Adam Schefter, who often sounds like he's doing everyone a favor by allowing them to have him on their show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
No guys.

Kap is the one who sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Passan has a little bit of attitude, but is usually pretty good (and fair) with Waddle & Silvy.

It would be great if more guests hung up on that blowhard Kap.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Passan has a little bit of attitude, but is usually pretty good (and fair) with Waddle & Silvy.

It would be great if more guests hung up on that blowhard Kap.

That would be great. :lol:

I wonder if Kaplan talks in that obnoxious tone of voice all the time in his day-to-day life or if he only does it on the radio and TV? I would think it would be exhausting to talk like that all the time, not to mention how exhausting it would be to have to listen to it.

I'm going to stop at Target THEN. GO. TO. JEWEL.

Kap talking to his neighbor: Hey, Sparkles! Today I talked to JEFF. PASSAN. who phenomenal as always. He hung u...on my every word. Then I went to cryo, had lunch at Chicago Cut with close personal friend DAVID. FLOM. who gave me the KAPMAN. SPECIAL. Revved up the 'vette and am now going to say hello to my wife, Mindy, who works at LOU. MALNATI'S.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Well....as good as that was, we know the KapMan mult is NOT Tad Queasy...
Back to the phones.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:08 pm 

You know Kap is bad if he makes Jeff Passan look good. This fucking arrogant blowhard has been annoying jackass since his early days jacking off words in Yahoo! sports blogs. And he tries way too hard to be SJW. He’s like Drew Magary. Just a waste.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:12 pm 

W_Z wrote:
You know Kap is bad if he makes Jeff Passan look good. This fucking arrogant blowhard has been annoying jackass since his early days jacking off words in Yahoo! sports blogs. And he tries way too hard to be SJW. He’s like Drew Magary. Just a waste.

:lol: Thats pretty accurate. His righteous indignation over ALL MLB teams NOT putting up foul line to foul line netting to PROTECT THE CHILDREN was Bernstein level smarm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=27263174

21:36 mark it starts
kapman didnt respond to the direct swipe... he clumsly tried to throw it to break after passan tapped out...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:36 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:

:lol: Thats pretty accurate. His righteous indignation over ALL MLB teams NOT putting up foul line to foul line netting to PROTECT THE CHILDREN was Bernstein level smarm.

I heard him carrying on about that. He made such an issue out of it I began to wonder if his immediate family had all been struck and killed by foul balls.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I heard him carrying on about that. He made such an issue out of it I began to wonder if his immediate family had all been struck and killed by foul balls.

I think that's probably because he has a special needs kid who maybe isn't capable of paying attention.

But the reason most people get hit by foul balls is probably because they are texting rather than watching the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Yeah heard that live. Definitely funny.

Pass an does have some moralizing, righteous indignation in him but he gives opinions for a living so it is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
W_Z wrote:

But the reason most people get hit by foul balls is probably because they are texting rather than watching the game.

Or ordering food. Or people watching. Or simply can’t get out of the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
didn't realize until the trade deadline talk this week that Passan moved from Yahoo to ESPN this year.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/espn-poac ... -baseball/

So I'm guessing he's no longer going to do hits for The Score?

He was good, but you did have to skip a minute of him playing grabass with Parkins (KC buddies, you need to know) every appearance

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Wow...so, three of you listen to Kap? I figured it was 1-2 tops.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:11 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Wow...so, three of you listen to Kap? I figured it was 1-2 tops.

I listen everyday