It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
Problem is you have 2 unfunny guys trying to be funny. Then the squeaky voice producer chimes in and it's 3 guys. Hood does his "keep your beak out of it". Then he runs on commercial sponsors when it's not time to thinking it's funny. Just a bad pairing how similarly annoying they are.

Yeah, I love J Hood, but Kap seems to be the Bernstein of AM 1000, tough pairing for anyone, gonna work his bit no matter how goofy it sounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Was a big fan of Hoody at the score and even enjoyed his first year or so on this show but he’s not nearly as sharp or engaging as he once was.

He’s developed this very odd tendency to capitalize on every single opportunity to make a lame, vague perverted joke.

Tiday Kap was talking about his new routine of taking 30 second cold showers, which is dumb I know, but here comes Jhood with “weellll, at least you don’t have to worry about shrinkage…”

Like ok?!?

Then the lame impressions have become very common.

OH GOD!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:24 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hood and Spiegel are 2 guys at one time who were tolerable in small doses. Hood's old under the hood segment was actually funny. But, his humor grew old ,stale ,and downright annoying. Spiegel was ok in a small role with Mike North. But in larger roles struggles talking about sports. His effeminate persona and lack of sports knowledge relying on what he's read make him a boring host and ridiculous fit as the the stations baseball guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:20 pm 

Kap is pushing the sota weight loss plan. Sounds like it starts at 1k. Not a pill popping plan like Parkins talks about. Kap says he's lost 12 lbs. Hasn't he always bragged about how healthy his eating is, extremely disciplined, works out religiously, slim & trim, and fancies himself as a nutrition guru. Now all of a sudden he's overweight, and needs food choice and portion help. Just another shyster con man.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
haha...he'd give away all his wealth if he could grow his hair back.

i remember when he sounded like p.t. barnum talking about the cubs - on wgn with noonan and darlas. half the time, he'd giggle and laugh when he knew he was out of control with the cubs optimism.

"hey cub fans, darwin barney is ripped for this 2012 season!!!!"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
vitoscotti wrote:
Kap is pushing the sota weight loss plan. Sounds like it starts at 1k. Not a pill popping plan like Parkins talks about. Kap says he's lost 12 lbs. Hasn't he always bragged about how healthy his eating is, extremely disciplined, works out religiously, slim & trim, and fancies himself as a nutrition guru. Now all of a sudden he's overweight, and needs food choice and portion help. Just another shyster con man.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. He loved to tell everyone about his workouts, cryo, etc., but despite all of that he was apparently 20+ lbs. overweight.

Hood, IMO, is not funny, but tries to be funny all the time. He frequently derails the flow of the show by interrupting people to make some lame joke or comment. Brutal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think WGN SportsCentral Kap was the best version of Kap on the radio. The same goes for SportsCentral Waddle. They've become cartoon characters at ESPN 1000.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:19 pm 

Just be a devotee of ads Parkins shills for and you'd be bankrupt from gambling, and your body would be a loaded up with non-fda approved diet & boner pills walking timebomb.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:09 pm 

Kap now saying he's lost 30 lbs on sota weight loss problem. So he's now 155 lbs?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
What happened to the NFL expert dudes son, it was kind of awkward how they couldn't find him, he sounded disinterested, and then he had to go because his kid got hurt playing soccer. Did not hear how that turned out?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:44 am 

No local show on AM1000 on a Bears' Monday? That's a little odd.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:12 pm 

Kap on with Hanley for a few minutes this morning. 87° laying by the pool on vacation. Pounding Mimosas (140 calories) and feasting on jerk chicken (near 300 calories and sodium mg. one piece) plus extras during the super bowl. Then he's got the balls to bring up the soda weight loss plan he shills for.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
SOTA! He spells it out all the time for you. State of the Art!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:39 am 

Kap is such an unlikable choad. I know he works hard and he definitely kisses the ass of managment but it is pretty surprising the guy has lasted as long as he has. He is so disingenuous, like when coppock would call everyone his good friend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
This thread is hardly about running at all

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:23 am 

Quick count 65k+ views past week (more probably when all Chicago teams don't all stink) literally just summarizing games overstating the obvious for even more side income. Even has Chevy sponsor his Cubs rekap. Does the likable guy, I'm a fan too, blustery shtick that in the end main goal is to keep the money train rolling and not step on "my guys" toes that in the final result says very little of consequence. He's got the game beat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Is Fred Norris working for this show now? They play lots of sound effects during the show now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:30 pm 

J.Hood has become the Mully of AM1000. Bad jokes , insufferable laughter and bad impersonations, "Oooh, god!"

Can't stand his confusing names bit. It was mildly amusing the first time he did it and insanely annoying the 100th time I heard the bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Best morning show in Chicago.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:39 pm 

Nas wrote:

Yup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:

Tree…forest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

Tree…forest.

#BEARS

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:42 pm 

Kap has to be a pain to work with. Always dominating the show fake upset taking a stand that he'll certainly forget about the next day. When they shuffle the hosts Hood is much better away from Kap's recycled "I'm upset" act.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Turned on Chicago Sports radio podcasts as I am in recovery here to pass the time.

All the shows suck except Kap and Hood.

These guys ACTUALLY TALK SPORTS. There's no social twist or talking about movies or some other bullshit. It's just sports talk like it should be.

Ive always been a big fan of Hood and seems like Kaplan is a bit more mellow these days and not as annoying.

I will regularly listen to these guys now. Great stuff - especially when Hood breaks down the WSox and Kap the Cubs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kaplan still thinks the playoffs is a reasonable demand for this group. I didn't even know he thought that before the season started. Dumbass before game 1 for that thought and definitely a dumbass for maintaining that position after game 1.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Turned on Chicago Sports radio podcasts as I am in recovery here to pass the time.

These guys ACTUALLY TALK SPORTS. There's no social twist or talking about movies or some other bullshit. It's just sports talk like it should be.

Ive always been a big fan of Hood and seems like Kaplan is a bit more mellow these days and not as annoying.

I will regularly listen to these guys now. Great stuff - especially when Hood breaks down the WSox and Kap the Cubs.

I feel the same way. I'm not the biggest Kap fan, but I seem to be least annoyed listening to these two compared to every other show in the market.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

I feel the same way. I'm not the biggest Kap fan, but I seem to be least annoyed listening to these two compared to every other show in the market.

He's less annoying as he grows older but he's still a huge windsock. He's with the right partner. Hood listens VERY CAREFULLY and will call him out when the wind starts blowing the other way.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Im listening more and more to ESPN 1000 podcasts. It's nice listening to radio shows without the constant injection of their social issue opinions. I do admit Parkins and Spiegs have grown on me, they've made the show less "serious sports radio", but Bernstein and Larry are two of the most annoying people. Just awful people.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Im listening more and more to ESPN 1000 podcasts. It's nice listening to radio shows without the constant injection of their social issue opinions. I do admit Parkins and Spiegs have grown on me, they've made the show less "serious sports radio", but Bernstein and Larry are two of the most annoying people. Just awful people.

When was Parkins and Spiegel serious sports talk? I must have missed that programming.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:48 am 

Matt Eberflus was initially on with Kap and Hood at 8:30 Monday mornings, but he's now on with Waddle and Silvy. What was the reason for the move? Too early? Schedule conflict?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next