It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Have a few days off and decided to give sports talk radio a spin while at the gym. Went to the score first because it was the only live local at the time and they were not talking about the Wentz trade, but were instead talking about, I guess a more accurate description would be pretending to be offended by Tony Larussa?

Quickly pulled up the Kap and Hood pod and they provided an hour of very solid Bears coverage, nailing the story of the day before the news actually broke.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The Score has a bunch of nerds as hosts. That's what it comes down to. Boring nerds.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Kap has had the best show in town since coming over to 1000. Adding Hoody just extended the lead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this is a pretty good show, as I've said. It's not B&B funny but it's everything else, informative, caller driven, organized, energetic....

I like it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
man J Hood in anything is like fucking gold. He's probably the most underrated sports personality in chicago radio in the last 30 years. guy should still be on the score w/ his own show instead of guys like Bernstein and Parkins.

Kap use to be tiring to listen to after 2 days but with Hood, he's calmed down. Can't wait for Cubs season to begin so I can listen to these 2 guys takes on baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
LaRussa about to be interviewed.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 am 

best sports talk show in this city right now

Mitch's grudge against Hood has really had a negative impact on the Score. This is a show that should be sitting in drive time at the Score. It has the character of the old Score.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:48 am 

Like the pacing of the show, they get in and out of segments quickly, give you a little humor, some inside jokes, and most enjoyably do not take sports too seriously.

Remember very clearly when J Hood went off on the pompous jack ass Telander, it was well deserved, but seemed to limit him after, but you cannot deny the fact that he is a far superior talent to almost anything the score has to offer these days.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Damn was Hood always that big?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
And Kap with the collared shirt and shorts, it's like he wakes up every day with new ways to look like a complete fucking douche.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

It actually looks like he's lost a little weight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I thought that was a Notorious BIG impersonator .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Never knew what Hood looked like, he gotta be 400.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
312player wrote:
Never knew what Hood looked like, he gotta be 400.

Me either after all these years. I guess he is that good at his job that no one made fun of him for being fat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Caller Bob wrote:
And Kap with the collared shirt and shorts, it's like he wakes up every day with new ways to look like a complete fucking douche.

Kap's fashion faux pas is really the navy jacket/shorts combo. Break that shit up, you ain't Angus Young.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:20 pm 

If they ever do an Abdullah The Butcher biopic...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:24 pm 

wow he got big. he wasn't this big when he was at the score. it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Hoodie is High Pitch Eric fat lol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Hood makes Kap listenable.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:16 am 

GoldenJet wrote:

Now if WSCR could just find someone to make Parkins, Mully, Holmes, and Bernstein listenable.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Clawmaster wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

Now if WSCR could just find someone to make Parkins, Mully, Holmes, and Bernstein listenable.

#verdad

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:01 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Clawmaster wrote:
Like the pacing of the show, they get in and out of segments quickly, give you a little humor, some inside jokes, and most enjoyably do not take sports too seriously.

Remember very clearly when J Hood went off on the pompous jack ass Telander, it was well deserved, but seemed to limit him after, but you cannot deny the fact that he is a far superior talent to almost anything the score has to offer these days.

I don't listen to a whole lot of terrestrial radio anymore, but I agree that this is a really good show and it's mainly because of Hood. I was never previously a fan of Kap & Co.

dolphin is right that Jonathan belongs on the Score and it's a shame that Mitch couldn't put that shit behind him. There's enough blame to go around. I'm sure Hood knows that he fucked up by outright sabotaging a show right on the air. But Mitch should understand that he was the one who created that situation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:

Holy shit!!!! :shock:

Hood has to be over 400 pounds. Probably pushing 500.

My guess is 462

He's got be over 50 by now. That's not good. Those knees and hips will have to be ripped out. He probably can't walk much at all now. It's only gonna get worse. He's gotta lose that weight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Better enjoy the show while you can. Hood looks like he's digging his own grave with a fork.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:03 pm 

Have that voracious of an appetite must be pretty damn annoying at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:09 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I don't listen to a whole lot of terrestrial radio anymore, but I agree that this is a really good show and it's mainly because of Hood. I was never previously a fan of Kap & Co.

dolphin is right that Jonathan belongs on the Score and it's a shame that Mitch couldn't put that shit behind him. There's enough blame to go around. I'm sure Hood knows that he fucked up by outright sabotaging a show right on the air. But Mitch should understand that he was the one who created that situation.

What specifically happened with that whole situation? I’ve heard bits and pieces but don’t know the full story? Would you mind giving the details?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Crick Ramp wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

What specifically happened with that whole situation? I’ve heard bits and pieces but don’t know the full story? Would you mind giving the details?

Long story short.Mitch forced Telander on Jonathan. Telander came in acting like he was Hood's boss. Hood basically refused to participate on his own show. He just snarked on Telendar. It was delighfully uncomfortable but it obviously couldn't last.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Long story short.Mitch forced Telander on Jonathan. Telander came in acting like he was Hood's boss. Hood basically refused to participate on his own show. He just snarked on Telendar. It was delighfully uncomfortable but it obviously couldn't last.

To add a little more context, (IIRC) Buffone and Hood were given an afternoon slot on The Score. The show wasn’t anything spectacular but before it was able to its footing they added Telander to the mix and gave him top billing. That set Hood off and as JORR noted he didn’t try to hide it. He dug his own grave by not handling it more professionally.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Speigal did the same thing to Parkins on the air. But they gave Speigal a second chance. Why doesn't Hood get one too?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

HawaiiYou wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Speigal did the same thing to Parkins on the air. But they gave Speigal a second chance. Why doesn't Hood get one too?

Spiegel didn't do anything like what Hood did. As a guy who is a hate listener, the Hood thing may have been the best radio of my life.