It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:19 am 

he is such an uninteresting stroke, like a regression back to the Chet era: name dropping, ass kissing players, huge ego, etc. He doesn't even provide interesting takes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Someone needs to fire up TheKapMan mult again

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Behind Kap's bluster he's actually saying nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:21 am 

He never pisses anyone off.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I don't mind the combination of him and Hood in the mornings, much more listenable than the competition at 670. Their producer - Shea Norling I think - isn't bad as well. Their dynamic produces decent debates that are probably better than anything happening on all ESPN and 670 shows except Parkins and Spiegal. I'd say P&S and Kap and Hoodie are tied for the "best" Chicago sports radio shows, but that's a low bar.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:17 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
conns7901 wrote:

Except the people he uses for info, and then acts like he never met them later on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't mind the combination of him and Hood in the mornings, much more listenable than the competition at 670. Their producer - Shea Norling I think - isn't bad as well. Their dynamic produces decent debates that are probably better than anything happening on all ESPN and 670 shows except Parkins and Spiegal. I'd say P&S and Kap and Hoodie are tied for the "best" Chicago sports radio shows, but that's a low bar.

+1 Have not listened to the Score in months. I catch Kap and Hood in the morning and P&S on the way home.

I would switch back to the Score if they would get rid of Haugh and Spiegel. Can't listen to more than 30 seconds of either of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:

I'm with you when it comes to best shows. Bernstein has fallen off a cliff.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Outside of a few shows or moments here and there, Bernstein has been horrible and almost unlistenable since Penn State. That's 13+ years ago.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:59 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Outside of a few shows or moments here and there, Bernstein has been horrible and almost unlistenable since Penn State. That's 13+ years ago.

Yep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Seacrest wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Except the people he uses for info, and then acts like he never met them later on.

he's not acting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:02 pm 

Nas wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yep

Ironically, that was the last time Biden was cognizant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
More recent than an original thought from Caller Boomer.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I saw one of those social-media-optimized clips of his father-and-son NBA podcast, you know, the ones where they caption everything in big annoying letters, and it was Dan quizzing his kid on who the only NBA players to have gone to Radford were. I didn't stop scrolling long enough to find out because I didn't like the idea of Senor parodying himself better than I could.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I actually like Hood, but never got the appeal of Kaplan. Says something, repeats, repeats, shouts it. Repeats.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: LOU'S BABY
good dolphin wrote:
he is such an uninteresting stroke, like a regression back to the Chet era: name dropping, ass kissing players, huge ego, etc. He doesn't even provide interesting takes.

What's going on there, Sparkles? Long time, no talk...Great question, though. This has been a great industry for me. Long time working here in the greatest city in the world doing what I love. Great partners over the years. Especially now with my guy Hoodie. Reminds me of the time that Mindy and I were cruising down LSD in the 'vette...top down, Ed Ved and the boys blaring on the stereo. She said, let's go see what Frankie O is up to at the bar. So we head over to Harry Caray's and pull up to the valet. Next thing I know, I hear surprise, and see my guys Billy and Bryan Murray, Ed Ved, Chelly, and the rest of the crew to celebrate my birthday. Love those guys. Always great to hang out with them.

Anyway...love a good trip down memory lane.

Shea...let's get the good beluga here a Lou's gift card for the call.

Back to the phones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:42 am 
100000 CLUB

KapMan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What's going on there, Sparkles? Long time, no talk...Great question, though. This has been a great industry for me. Long time working here in the greatest city in the world doing what I love. Great partners over the years. Especially now with my guy Hoodie. Reminds me of the time that Mindy and I were cruising down LSD in the 'vette...top down, Ed Ved and the boys blaring on the stereo. She said, let's go see what Frankie O is up to at the bar. So we head over to Harry Caray's and pull up to the valet. Next thing I know, I hear surprise, and see my guys Billy and Bryan Murray, Ed Ved, Chelly, and the rest of the crew to celebrate my birthday. Love those guys. Always great to hang out with them.

Back to the phones

:lol: :lol: You should mult more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:54 am 

KapMan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Back to the phones

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:02 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kap is a horrendous storyteller. He typically gets so bogged down in extraneous details and name dropping that is takes him forever to get to the point. Not to mention his personality makes you suspect that what he is saying is either made up or exaggerated.

He and Laurence are veery similar in that regard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:

He doesn't drink Diet Coke. And he would look like crap in a full length fur coat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
They began their show this morning with the hot sports topic would
You wear a cap of a team other than your own team

Hood loves to remind listeners that we are in a big boy market.
This is how you spend the first hour of a sports talk show in the number 3
Market in the country?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggars
This morning they started the show asking would you wear a cap of a team other than your own.
Hood loves to remind listeners that we are in a big boy market. Who spends the first hour of a show in the number 3 market in the country on this topic?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: LOU'S BABY
Bull Green wrote:
This morning they started the show asking would you wear a cap of a team other than your own.
Hood loves to remind listeners that we are in a big boy market. Who spends the first hour of a show in the number 3 market in the country on this topic?

Hey there cream puff. Pressing questions are what Hoody and I excel at. I think its important to think about people wearing other teams caps around town. Maybe a way to voice their displeasure against the owners. Reminds me of when my guy Ed Ved was on the road...always proudly sports his Cubs hat. Billy Murray too...wears his Cubs hat all over LA. Have a coffee. Get a danish. Buckle in for a full morning of pressing questions baby.

Shea...let's send my guy Bovine Verde a Pajamagram for the lady in his life and maybe scare up a Lou's card for him too.

Back to the phones.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Kap is one of those guys who loves talking with people, which leads to connections. Take that!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 am 
1000 CLUB

Kap is one of those guys that knows a lot of people. He enjoys knowing local famous people. And he likes to call everybody his friend. "Friend" is used wrong by people like him. Cuz if you ask all the people that know him if they like him, the answer would be "no". But they see him at a restaurant and do the 5 minutes of bullshit talk and to Kap that means they're friends.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

So he's a more successful Les who you seem to have loved.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:24 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

So he's a more successful Les who you seem to have loved.

Les was nothing like Chet. I hated Les when he was on in day shifts, unless Dahl was making fun of him. He was a perfect punching bag. Les and Chet were both Dahl targets. It's pretty easy to contrast how each of them handled it

I set a low bar for overnight shifts, especially when Les started because the Score was trending towards national shows for everything but 9-5 on weekdays. Les was an old pair of slippers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 am 

Giant ranging cock mouth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
KapMan wrote:
Bull Green wrote:

Hey there cream puff. Pressing questions are what Hoody and I excel at. I think its important to think about people wearing other teams caps around town. Maybe a way to voice their displeasure against the owners. Reminds me of when my guy Ed Ved was on the road...always proudly sports his Cubs hat. Billy Murray too...wears his Cubs hat all over LA. Have a coffee. Get a danish. Buckle in for a full morning of pressing questions baby.

Shea...let's send my guy Bovine Verde a Pajamagram for the lady in his life and maybe scare up a Lou's card for him too.

Back to the phones.

Kap and Jon Taffer are easily the board's best mults. This was gold :lol: :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.