It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Dodgers are Evil
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
I am rooting for the Cubs in the National League Championship Series. I have a lot of problems with this other club, the so called "Los Angeles" Dodgers.

Perhaps some of you may have heard of Donald Arthur Mattingly. If you have not, you should probably do some research because he was one of the greatest ballplayers ever. This evil organization fired Don Mattingly without cause just when he had the Dodgers on the verge of a championship. Don Mattingly's only problem as a manager was that he did not have any players who were as great as Don Mattingly! He would probably say to Andre Ethier "Hey, why do you not take that wicked outside breaking ball and rope it into the corner like I would do?" And then Andre Ethier would strike out. As you can imagine, this was probably very frustrating to Don Mattingly.

Then they replace Don Mattingly with a buster .266 hitter named Dave Roberts. Dave Roberts was such a mediocre ballplayer that probably anything his players do seems epic to him. "Hey Yasiel Puig, I cannot believe how awesome it was when you caught that fly ball!" And then Yasiel Puig thinks to himself "this is awesome, any mundane act I perform at the plate or in the field is amazing to this punch and Judy buster, while I could never hope to please Don Mattingly because I could never be the ballplayer he was."

Anybody that mistreats Don Mattingly is my enemy.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

Post subject: Re: The Dodgers are Evil
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
stoneroses86 wrote:
I am rooting for the Cubs in the National League Championship Series. I have a lot of problems with this other club, the so called "Los Angeles" Dodgers.

Perhaps some of you may have heard of Donald Arthur Mattingly. If you have not, you should probably do some research because he was one of the greatest ballplayers ever. This evil organization fired Don Mattingly without cause just when he had the Dodgers on the verge of a championship. Don Mattingly's only problem as a manager was that he did not have any players who were as great as Don Mattingly! He would probably say to Andre Ethier "Hey, why do you not take that wicked outside breaking ball and rope it into the corner like I would do?" And then Andre Ethier would strike out. As you can imagine, this was probably very frustrating to Don Mattingly.

Then they replace Don Mattingly with a buster .266 hitter named Dave Roberts. Dave Roberts was such a mediocre ballplayer that probably anything his players do seems epic to him. "Hey Yasiel Puig, I cannot believe how awesome it was when you caught that fly ball!" And then Yasiel Puig thinks to himself "this is awesome, any mundane act I perform at the plate or in the field is amazing to this punch and Judy buster, while I could never hope to please Don Mattingly because I could never be the ballplayer he was."

This guy get's it! ^

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:43 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 pm 

I don't think the bottom one is Mattingly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:

good dolphin could take a page from this kind of sense of humor. it helps when you aren't seething underneath.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I don't think the bottom one is Mattingly.

The millennials don't know the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:59 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:

My favorite non Cub as a youth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
stoneroses86 wrote:
Perhaps some of you may have heard of Donald Arthur Mattingly. If you have not, you should probably do some research because he was one of the greatest ballplayers ever.

:lol: :lol: He's the only core Yankee in baseball history who never won a World Series. Fuckin' loser. I'm surprised you even claim him. He's no Charlie Silvera or Ben Paschal, that's for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:
Perhaps some of you may have heard of Donald Arthur Mattingly. If you have not, you should probably do some research because he was one of the greatest ballplayers ever.

:lol: :lol: He's the only core Yankee in baseball history who never won a World Series. Fuckin' loser. I'm surprised you even claim him. He's no Charlie Silvera or Ben Paschal, that's for sure!

All guys who dont win a world series are bums. Putting that one in the file!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:03 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

If they're Yankees they are. If you get the honor of wearing the pinstripes you need to live up to it. We're not talking about guys like Ted or Ernie who played for loser franchises. This is the fucking Yankees.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:06 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

He never even made it to the playoffs. And even today, Thurman Lee Munson could out manage that dope. Not to mention that he's more deserving of HOF induction.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

Arod won a ring with the 2009 Yanks.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

He never even made it to the playoffs.

I know! My God, man! I think we could take 25 random fat fucks off this website, put us in pinstripes, and we would likely win a division on aura alone. Now that I really think about it, Don Mattingly might be the worst player in baseball history.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Regular Reader wrote:
Thurman Lee Munson could out manage that dope.

Munson couldn't even manage a Cessna.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

I know! My God, man! I think we could take 25 random fat fucks off this website, put us in pinstripes, and we would likely win a division on aura alone. Now that I really think about it, Don Mattingly might be the worst player in baseball history.

He's really only memorable for his appearance on The Simpsons. And even then he blew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

If they're Yankees they are. If you get the honor of wearing the pinstripes you need to live up to it. We're not talking about guys like Ted or Ernie who played for loser franchises. This is the fucking Yankees.

He wasnt the GM.

and he won 4 World Series

After retiring as a player, Mattingly spent seven seasons as a special instructor during Yankees' spring training in Tampa, Florida from 1997 through 2003.

The only question is what drives this insane JORR hatred for Don. Probably some slight at the White Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

He's really only memorable for his appearance on The Simpsons. And even then he blew

Do you bathe in Hater-ade or have some sort of IV?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

He wasnt the GM.

After retiring as a player, Mattingly spent seven seasons as a special instructor during Yankees' spring training in Tampa, Florida from 1997 through 2003.

The only question is what drives this insane JORR hatred for Don. Probably some slight at the White Sox.

Oh my God! You're giving him credit for being one of Steinbrenner's cabana boys in Tampa?

How is it possible a guy could play his entire career as the centerpiece of the Greatest Franchise In Sports and not make the playoffs? He's worse than Tony Romo. At least Romo lost a playoff game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
He wasnt the GM.

This may be your worst post ever. His "contributions" were far less valuable than the clubhouse guy, who btw actually worked in New York those seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

He wasnt the GM.

Oh my God! You're giving him credit for being one of Steinbrenner's cabana boys in Tampa?

All 4 titles were a direct result of his work in spring training. He actually taught Rivera the cutter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:17 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
He wasnt the GM.

This may be your worst post ever. His "contributions" were far less valuable than the clubhouse guy, who btw actually worked in New York those seasons.

Non sense. Its not even in my top 100 bad posts.

Mattingly is better than every player you like. All of em.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

I saw a show where they were interviewing a bunch of Yankee fans about who was a "True Yankee". Tino Martinez was beloved by all of them. Several of them even said Jeffrey Maier was a "True Yankee". When Mattingly's name came about they started scowling. "How could he be a True Yankee? He never won shit."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
All 4 titles were a direct result of his work in spring training. He actually taught Rivera the cutter.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:20 pm 

Damn it we have had this conversation repeatedly! IT IS NOT DON MATTINGLY'S FAULT THAT HE PLAYED AT A TIME WHEN THE GLORIOUS NEW YORK YANKEES WERE BEING RUN BY BUMS WHO MAKE BRIAN CASHMAN LOOK LIKE ALBERT F----ING EINSTEIN!

Don Mattingly was one of the greatest ballplayers in the history of the game! In the field he was an A+ player! At the plate, he was an A+ player! He was a team leader! Can you imagine how much it must have pained Don Mattingly to look around that God damned clubhouse at the bums who surrounded him?! If a ballclub had a lineup full of Don Mattinglys they would win the World Series every damned year!

Joe Rod Road - I cannot believe you sometimes. I thought you knew about baseball!

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm 

Also, it will be a cold day in Hell before I ever listen to any talk about Carlton Fisk being better than Thurman Munson, may he rest in peace!

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

I know!

Q&A: Mattingly talks lure of postseason play
Former Yankees star shut out of playoffs until final year of career

Mattingly gets an ovation 0:43
Don Mattingly gets an ovation from the Yankee Stadium crowd prior to his first at-bat during the 1995 American League Divsion Series

MATTINGLY HOMERS IN 95 ALDS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 pm 

stoneroses86 wrote:
If a ballclub had a lineup full of Don Mattinglys they would win the World Series every damned year!

No, they'd be the Montreal Expos except for a half season in 1981.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
stoneroses86 wrote:

I know!

Former Yankees star shut out of playoffs until final year of career

Mattingly gets an ovation 0:43
Don Mattingly gets an ovation from the Yankee Stadium crowd prior to his first at-bat during the 1995 American League Divsion Series

MATTINGLY HOMERS IN 95 ALDS

27 Yankee teams laugh at the mention of division series.