It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 pm 

I think the focus shifts immediately and he is in Dodger Blue at a deflated price (because Stanton tanked the market) by the end of the winter meetings.

He will be better than Ohtani next year anyway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Stanton's 29. So far from this offseason he's shown he acts like he's 19. You'd think someone would mature a little more by now.

I think it's Dodgers or nothing for him. He's forcing the Marlins to take any shit the Dodgers put out there and they Dodgers know that.

Let's see.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
espn is now reporting he's open to playing for the yankees. So he wasted the time of the giants and cards? Last report was the deal was done with either team 2 days ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
HawaiiYou wrote:
Stanton's 29. So far from this offseason he's shown he acts like he's 19. You'd think someone would mature a little more by now.

I think it's Dodgers or nothing for him. He's forcing the Marlins to take any shit the Dodgers put out there and they Dodgers know that.

Let's see.

I have no idea why everyone thinks this is Stanton's fault. He committed to the Marlins for the rest of his career. The team was sold, and the new owner basically came in, told him to get out or else. Stanton has no obligation to do anything other than what his contract says. Jeter looks like a Trump-type buffoon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
HawaiiYou wrote:
espn is now reporting he's open to playing for the yankees. So he wasted the time of the giants and cards? Last report was the deal was done with either team 2 days ago.

He told the Marlins he did not want to play for either of those teams, but would listen to their pitch. He listened and didn't like it. The Marlins tried to force his hand by agreeing to a deal and leaking it to the media.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Big Chicagoan wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Let's see.

I have no idea why everyone thinks this is Stanton's fault. He committed to the Marlins for the rest of his career. The team was sold, and the new owner basically came in, told him to get out or else. Stanton has no obligation to do anything other than what his contract says. Jeter looks like a Trump-type buffoon.

Yeah, I don’t the criticism for him either.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

He told the Marlins he did not want to play for either of those teams, but would listen to their pitch. He listened and didn't like it. The Marlins tried to force his hand by agreeing to a deal and leaking it to the media.

Agreed..i just don't want the guy on the Cubs. Save that dough for Manny or Harper.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Let's see.

Yeah, I don’t the criticism for him either.
Jeter also swooped in and fired McKeon, Andre Dawson (including myself), among other Marlins ambassadors, and got rid of their 15 year TV guy.

Oh, and he shitcanned a very respected and longtime scout. Who got the news while recovering from cancer surgery.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.