It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I'm probably going to take a ride to Miller Park and see a Brewers game for the first time, I was thinking bleacher seats, what section would be best if I just want to chill and put my feet on the seats in front of me? Thanks and babooey to you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It is AmFam now, sadly enough. You will want to tail gate. Most of the seats are solid. It is a top three MLB stadium.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
It’s a great place to view a game.

I sat in the very first row of left center a few years ago. You can put your feet up on the railing at the top of the outfield fence no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: What??
It's a top notch baseball warehouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:12 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, calm down. Top three? It gets pretty grim in there. If the roof and window panels are both closed, it's just Steampunk Astrodome.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I don't like it at all. It's an indoor park. Even when the roof is open.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't like it at all. It's an indoor park in Wisconsin. Even when the roof is open.

Yep this dude gets it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:26 pm 

At least you can be cozy on those 35 degree April days.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Don't use 94 to get there, come in off of Blue Mound. I think the preferred parking on the 3B side is worth the extra money.

The food is surprisingly meh, including the bratwurst, probably because of the tailgating culture. I've been to probably a dozen games there over the last decade with family from Illinois who live west of I-39 and take I-43 there. For night games, we usually eat around 3-4pm at a place like Balistreri's (sp?) or Sobelman's and then go to the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:54 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's an indoor park. Even when the roof is open.

They all are. The retractable roof thing is a bad joke.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They could have incorporated way more glass in the structure. It does feel like giant warehouse. Its not a bad place to catch a game though and it kind of feels like a giant mall that you can walk around and still see the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:19 pm 

A problem with Miller Park is that it's supposed to have the brick and steel of an urban ballpark, but pace its Milwaukee mailing address (it's practically in Stallis), it's very much a suburban facility. It's surrounded by parking lots so that people can eat potato salad in asphalt-reflected heat and so that precious outstaters (the reason that the road uniforms stopped saying "Milwaukee" for about 20 years) can drive to the game. There is basically no way to get to a Brewers game other than by your personal car. Milwaukee is also pretty allergic to public transit, so if you live in the city, it's a pain to get to what's, again, basically an inner-ring suburb.

I think that even if they could have built near the Summerfest grounds or on some other blighted plot of once-moribund downtown Milwaukee, they wouldn't have been able to because of the WOW counties' role in the financing district.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
A problem with Miller Park is that it's supposed to have the brick and steel of an urban ballpark, but pace its Milwaukee mailing address (it's practically in Stallis), it's very much a suburban facility. It's surrounded by parking lots so that people can eat potato salad in asphalt-reflected heat and so that precious outstaters (the reason that the road uniforms stopped saying "Milwaukee" for about 20 years) can drive to the game. There is basically no way to get to a Brewers game other than by your personal car. Milwaukee is also pretty allergic to public transit, so if you live in the city, it's a pain to get to what's, again, basically an inner-ring suburb.

I think that even if they could have built near the Summerfest grounds or on some other blighted plot of once-moribund downtown Milwaukee, they wouldn't have been able to because of the WOW counties' role in the financing district.

I know the area / neighborhood intimately....spent 7 years working right by there. Calling it "suburban" is a little harsh. True it's not in the actual Milwaukee DOWNTOWN area like the home of the Bucks, but it's still very much Milwaukee. It Borders the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds, the Marquette campus, Miller Brewing's campus and quite a few Milwaukee residential neighborhoods. I don't think there was a legit chunk of property available to build it closer to downtown. Sure, that would have been great, but being in the inner-ring suburb part of the city isn't unique to the Brewers. You are 100% accurate, though....Milwaukee is highly allergic to public transportation. You have bus service and that is all you get.

Warehouse and glorified Mall as described by others is accurate. The seating is good...it's functional, but even with the roof open, it still feels like indoor baseball.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
When the kids were little we used to take them to see the Cubs in Milwaukee. From Arlington Hts it was both cheaper and easier than Wrigley.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:54 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I know the area / neighborhood intimately....spent 7 years working right by there. Calling it "suburban" is a little harsh. True it's not in the actual Milwaukee DOWNTOWN area like the home of the Bucks, but it's still very much Milwaukee. It Borders the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds

State Fair Park is in West Allis, not Milwaukee. It's about as far from downtown as you can get while still being Milwaukee.

It's still, by design, a suburban facility. You drive into a giant parking lot and drive out. Dodger Stadium is a suburban facility, too.

a genius wrote:
When the kids were little we used to take them to see the Cubs in Milwaukee. From Arlington Hts it was both cheaper and easier than Wrigley.

This just shows what a bitch I am about driving because I find Arlington Heights to Wrigley via trains/walking much easier than braving the Tri-State and the ever-bottlenecking Miller Park parking lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I can get to Miller (Or Am Fam) about as fast as I can get ti Wrigley and home faster. I don't think it is a great park as it is indoor baseball but we had a good time. Roof was always open when I've been so I can't say much for the total warehouse experience. County was a dump but I had a great time there 30 years ago when I went up there for a late May game a time or two. One of these years I'll drag my arse up to the twin cities for a game.

The brandy old fashioned's on tap was a bit odd. food was fine. Kids had a good time, which in the end was all that mattered to me. But, they have a good time at Modern Woodman in Davenport too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
What?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:03 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's an indoor park. Even when the roof is open.

They all are. The retractable roof thing is a bad joke.

So wrong. It is a great thing. I have been to dozens of games in Miller Park ( Wrigley North) and some of them when it was raining and even snowing. But inside.....no problem. Games goes on as scheduled. No delays, no problems. Beautiful day....the roof is open. Great ballpark. The ballpark in Miami ( have been to 6 games there) is basically the same design with the same retractable roof. But it is also air conditioned, as is Minute Maid in Houston. Hey.....I like being comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:33 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'm sorry, Miller Park doesn't have AC :lol: ? That's ridiculous. So in the summer, when it rains or there's a band of storms in the area and it's miserably humid, I've got to sit shoulder to shoulder and knee to knee with 40,000 other people in a muggy enclosed building? Cheap fucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:49 am 

I thought it was? It has gigantic ventilation ducts all brought to you by Johnson controls. Guess that's for warm tempuring only. Likely so they can keep the inside from freezing in the winter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
It's an ok ball park. I'd say it is likely in the top dozen or so overall. The roof wasn't the best design, at one time it made a god awful screeching noise when opening or closing. The wide concourses and more concessions were a monster upgrade from County. The tailgating situation is pretty good overall. The upper deck seating isn't really the best. Outfield is just ok. It has been a few years since I have been but the Loge seating is usually pretty decent if you can get along the first or third base line, kind of middle of the road with good sight lines.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I have been to dozens of games in Miller Park ( Wrigley North) and some of them when it was raining and even snowing. But inside.....no problem.

Uh, yeah. Because you were indoors.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:34 am 

Apparently they saved $10mil by not putting in AC, although they did design the heating system to be upgradable to AC in the future. So far they said it hasn't been a big issue so it's unlikely they will ever install it. A big reason is during hot days, the roof is open anyway to enjoy the heat.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:51 am 

Still a warehouse feel even with it open.

Retractables are monstrosities

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:19 am 

Nardi wrote:
Still a warehouse feel even with it open.

Retractables are monstrosities

And great, because there will always be a ballgame.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:41 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Apparently they saved $10mil by not putting in AC, although they did design the heating system to be upgradable to AC in the future. So far they said it hasn't been a big issue so it's unlikely they will ever install it. A big reason is during hot days, the roof is open anyway to enjoy the heat.

They saved $10 million on a construction project that cost $400 million. Sounds like penny pinching to me. A couple searches on Google and Twitter, I see plenty of fans have complained. That roof is going to be closed even when there's merely a threat of rain -- and that happens often in the midwest. In 2022, the roof was closed 44% of the time. AC obviously makes a huge difference when the humidity is high. Otherwise, you're just in a big sauna. It's the 21st century. Embrace technology and keep your fans comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:44 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

They saved $10 million on a construction project that cost $400 million. Sounds like penny pinching to me. A couple searches on Google and Twitter, I see plenty of fans have complained. That roof is going to be closed even when there's merely a threat of rain -- and that happens often in the midwest. In 2022, the roof was closed 44% of the time. AC obviously makes a huge difference when the humidity is high. Otherwise, you're just in a big sauna. It's the 21st century. Embrace technology and keep your fans comfortable.

You clearly don't recall the amazing struggle the team had just getting the ballpark built, they weren't getting an extra dime to do anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:52 am 

Well yea. The state of Wisconsin is conservative AF. And generally very racist. They didn't want a new stadium built where the blacks live. Probably costs 10k per day just to run the proposed AC system too.

I would think though, probably not much more money to install a geothermal system. But that wouldn't control the humidity so it would still feel gross on muggy days

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:44 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
You clearly don't recall the amazing struggle the team had just getting the ballpark built, they weren't getting an extra dime to do anything.

I was 4 years old in 1995, so no I don't remember. If I was a Milwaukee resident however and knew taxpayer money largely built the stadium and the Brewers now reportedly want another $400 million for renovations, I'd say give me some goddamn air conditioning!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:46 pm 

Get Sandy up there, he can get them some A/C

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.