2013 CSFMB ROY

Post subject: Re: *
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Maybe a ✡︎ ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I think it feels mostly legit, not really that much different than other shortened seasons. There weren't any great anomalies (teams winning 80% of their games, or batters hitting over .420, etc.). And most people agree the best team won.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Jaw Breaker wrote:
And most people agree the best team won.

Correct. That’s all the matters.

Honestly, the whole idea of asterisks in general is just stupid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:10 am 

No doubt.

It was closer to a real season than the NBA or NHL but they all have to be viewed as different enough to be different.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

It was closer to a real season than the NBA or NHL but they all have to be viewed as different enough to be different.

I actually think baseball was the farthest from a real season. Only 37% of regular season games were played (60/162). Some games were cut to seven innings which was very odd. I think the NBA was closest to a real season only because the vast majority of regular season games were in the books by the time the pandemic hit. The fact that seasons were cut short in the bubble, that some teams weren't even in the bubble, and then the odd nature of play-in games reduced the "realness" of the NBA season. But again it helped that the league already played a vast majority of the regular season under normal conditions.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
L*s Angeles Titlet*wn*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

I actually think baseball was the farthest from a real season. Only 37% of regular season games were played (60/162). Some games were cut to seven innings which was very odd. I think the NBA was closest to a real season only because the vast majority of regular season games were in the books by the time the pandemic hit. The fact that seasons were cut short in the bubble, that some teams weren't even in the bubble, and then the odd nature of play-in games reduced the "realness" of the NBA season. But again it helped that the league already played a vast majority of the regular season under normal conditions.

The NBA in effect played an 8 game season though and didn't play any of those games in an actual NBA arena.

The NBA bubble was so strange for players that they had to take a vote if the players were going to decide to cancel the season and go home. The NBA has no plans to do it again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:28 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

All that is true. It’s still a legit WS though

I still think asterisks are dumb.

Legit question? Is there actually an asterisk currently in use? Or is it just an expression these days?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:30 am 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

The NBA in effect played an 8 game season though and didn't play any of those games in an actual NBA arena.

The NBA bubble was so strange for players that they had to take a vote if the players were going to decide to cancel the season and go home. The NBA has no plans to do it again.

An 8 game season? Huh?

October thru March didn’t happen? Or you think the hiatus erased all that.

I really struggle to follow that logic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:36 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
An 8 game season? Huh?

There will have been a longer break between the season being paused and the restart than there will be between the NBA Finals and the start of the next season. You can't just send everyone home and not have them practice together for that long and have it be the same.

The COVID NBA shutdown was longer than most NBA offseasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:39 am 

Brick wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
An 8 game season? Huh?

There will have been a longer break between the season being paused and the restart than there will be between the NBA Finals and the start of the next season. You can't just send everyone home and not have them practice together for that long and have it be the same.

no one is saying it’s the same. It was different, yes

But saying it erases the previous games it’s silly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:40 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Brick wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
An 8 game season? Huh?

The NBA Covid shutdown was longer than most NBA offseasons.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 pm 

Brick wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Brick wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
An 8 game season? Huh?

The NBA Covid shutdown was longer than most NBA offseasons.

Haha...so you said.

Why does that matter? What is your point?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
and here we go again :roll:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:21 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

This thread should've ended here. :salut:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
no asterisk.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

The four month gap in games being played gives the NBA a huge asterisk, if we're passing them out

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

The four month gap in games being played gives the NBA a huge asterisk, if we're passing them out

Nothing in my post suggests I wouldn't want to place an asterisk next to the NBA's season and/or the Lakers' title. All in all, I think it's weird for the MLB to crown a champion after a 60 game regular season. Baseball is 162 games, 9 innings each or more. What we saw wasn't close to that.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Why does vegan constantly feel the need to make an asterisk out of himself?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:58 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

This thread should've ended here. :salut:

:lol: only because it is a team you like.

If it were a team you dislike you would be leading the * charge

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

Nothing in my post suggests I wouldn't want to place an asterisk next to the NBA's season and/or the Lakers' title. All in all, I think it's weird for the MLB to crown a champion after a 60 game regular season. Baseball is 162 games, 9 innings each or more. What we saw wasn't close to that.

hey how are you feeling? did you beat the rona?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:20 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:
No doubt.

Right.

But it’s not a champion of a 162 game season and no one is portraying it as such.

It’s a champion of a 60 game season that featured the 2 best teams. Teams that got through a playoff system.

I’m really flabbergasted why people are trying to make this “illegitimate” because it’s “different.”

Asterisks dont denote anything that isn’t already completely obvious and understood to begin with

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:30 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:

hey how are you feeling? did you beat the rona?

Yes*

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
fake title just like the spurs title. ya they won but....