It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Sound Of Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
They killed the brand. A few years ago 77% had a favorable opinion about Disney now its in the 30's. They're in big trouble. An animated movie during holidays used to be an easy billion dollars and Wish stalled out at 145 million global.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:26 pm 

It won't matter as long as they keep churning out animated movies that kids grow up watching. They need to step up their game though these movies suck shit. They need to go back to proper gender roles and stereotypes. Give the parents something they want their kids to watch over and over and over and yes daddy over and over.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tranny Snow White will top a billion

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
denisdman wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I think everyone at least kinda likes Disney World. It's fun. But yeah, never thought you were, like, knee-deep in Oliver and Company lore.

I kind of hate Disney...and it has nothing to do with then being woke or anything political, just have no use for it.

Hate would be a strong word, but that South Park episode opened my eyes. We went on a Disney cruise, and that episode made a ton of sense.

I've talked before about how it seems at times as if we've been in a continuation of the '90s ever since, and I think in a lot of ways we have. But one thing that really differentiates the Gen-X-led '90s from the Millennial/Zoomer-led present is the attitude toward the Walt Disney Company. It used to be that it was cool to hate Disney, just absolutely hate the family-friendliness, the overexpansion, but most of all how litigious they were toward everyone who might even try to poke gentle fun at them. Michael Eisner was like the devil. But today, no one loathes them. They own the intellectual property we all love so much. They let gay people act at theme parks and write musicals. What's not to love?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:37 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

Not with refractory periods!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's

That movie is in deep shit. They got it in their heads that casting midgets to play the dwarves was racist so they decided on 1 midget and 6 people of various gender and ethnicity and sexual orientation including a trans. When some pickup shots became public and they were mocked they decided to scrap the midget and the 6 weirdos and add CGI dwarves. They had almost completed filming so now they have to go back and either re-shoot everything or use CGI to erase the wierdos and add the new dwarves. Dumb shit like this is why they can't make a movie for under 300 million dollars.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:05 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:

That movie is in deep shit. They got it in their heads that casting midgets to play the dwarves was racist so they decided on 1 midget and 6 people of various gender and ethnicity and sexual orientation including a trans. When some pickup shots became public and they were mocked they decided to scrap the midget and the 6 weirdos and add CGI dwarves. They had almost completed filming so now they have to go back and either re-shoot everything or use CGI to erase the wierdos and add the new dwarves. Dumb shit like this is why they can't make a movie for under 300 million dollars.

Plus the wise Latinx lady they cast as the lead promoted the film by saying how much she hated the original.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

Is that why the song, “Save your crotch, ride a tranny” has been trending?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:38 pm 

I thought this was a joke.

Wonder woman is the evil witch and snow white is a dude.

Yea bye bye Disney. Talk about alienating your core fan base holy shit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I think everyone at least kinda likes Disney World. It's fun. But yeah, never thought you were, like, knee-deep in Oliver and Company lore.

I kind of hate Disney...and it has nothing to do with then being woke or anything political, just have no use for it.

Hate would be a strong word, but that South Park episode opened my eyes. We went on a Disney cruise, and that episode made a ton of sense.

I've talked before about how it seems at times as if we've been in a continuation of the '90s ever since, and I think in a lot of ways we have. But one thing that really differentiates the Gen-X-led '90s from the Millennial/Zoomer-led present is the attitude toward the Walt Disney Company. It used to be that it was cool to hate Disney, just absolutely hate the family-friendliness, the overexpansion, but most of all how litigious they were toward everyone who might even try to poke gentle fun at them. Michael Eisner was like the devil. But today, no one loathes them. They own the intellectual property we all love so much. They let gay people act at theme parks and write musicals. What's not to love?

Was there a cool to hate period for Disney? I've really never given this a ton of thought. Disney and all that is great for kids. I watched and enjoyed Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, etc... as a yount adult. Most of those I saw as a result from dates....fine. But that's about it for me.

When the day comes I finally get grandkids, I will absolutely take them to Disney. I won't love doing it for me, but I get the whole magical experience for kids.

The whole adult Disney junkie thing is what weirds me out and makes me kind of hate Disney. It's just creepy. All the places in the world to travel, see, and experience and there's people that would rather go obsess over a cartoon mouse. That makes it cultish in a way.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
We took our kids because we felt we had to. They didn't especially care for it, nor did we. I know two sets of families who absolutely worship disney. It is beyond creepy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:47 am 

BigW72 wrote:
Was there a cool to hate period for Disney? I've really never given this a ton of thought.

Mid to late '90s under Eisner was when the company really started taking on evil-empire tendencies and getting that reputation for sterility and corporate coldness. They had the sue-everyone-into-oblivion reputation before Scientology did. It was a common Simpsons joke in the '90s, which, well, I needn't say more.

I remember whatever little alternative/sub-mainstream media I was digesting at the time (think cranks on Usenet, mostly) being very hostile toward Eisner and "The Mouse." Even as a kid, I remember rifling through my grandpa's trade publications, reading that Disney was buying ABC and ESPN from CapCities, and thinking this was weird and probably not good without really knowing how to articulate it or why it was bad. It just seemed like too much. If only we knew how much worse it would get.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:26 pm 

Looks like anyone who paid $29.99 for this one could have waited and gotten it on a paid streaming service for free.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:
Looks like anyone who paid $29.99 for this one could have waited and gotten it on a paid streaming service for free.

That's generally how movies work

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Brick wrote:

That's generally how movies work

Just giving a heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:03 pm 

Brick wrote:

You don’t say